The ingorance of anti gun democrats and hollywood

Aponi

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2018
First hollywood makes it seem as if everyone shoots a Desert Eagle and all criminals carry one.

Not true .
My robert had one in 44 mag and it was a beast heavy recoil heavy and almost impossible to conceal.
Plus they are expensive his was used and cost 1000.00
I did shoot it some but the recoil was just to much.

Next they think every hit man criminal and gangster have a silencer or a machine gun.

Total bs.

Now robert and me do own class 2 weapons .
They are expensive a good 9 mm sliencers will run you 1200 up with tax stamp and a m16 will cost 25 to 30 grand .
Both take ATF APPROVAL which is federal and take a year on average .
If you look into stats almost no legally owned class 2 devices have been for crimes.

But every hollywood movie and democrat try to make it look like they are as easy to get as a icecream cone.
Morons they are morons

I recall Joe Biden and Dianne Feinstein Shane all you need for home defense in the shotgun I'd like to see her old ass shoot a 12 gauge shotgun recoil is stiff range is limited and concealment is impossible morons

Last edited:
  • Banned
I recall Joe Biden and Dianne Feinstein Shane all you need for home defense in the shotgun I'd like to see her old ass shoot a 12 gauge shotgun recoil is stiff range is limited and concealment is impossible morons
One can buy very light loads for 12 gauge and why is concealment and long range necessary in the home, moron?

FIOCCHI AMMO 12ga LITEd 7/8oz 1200fps #8 250/cs - Graf & Sons

Winchester AA X-tra Light Target Load Shotshells | Bass Pro Shops
Easy moron some people live in the rual areas of america and need property protection.
As for being conceled.try riding a sub way or walking in the park with a 12 g moron.

Actually, he’s right.

The only place that Cop Killer Bullets have ever killed a cop, is in the TV or Movies. Skipping past the nonsense of Teflon coated bullets, silly, somehow making the bullet slippery enough to pass through a bullet proof vest, it utterly ignores Physics. But physics doesn’t make good TV I guess.

If Liberals knew anything about weapons, they would not be rushing around screaming magazine capacity and all that. Because what happened when the Brady Law went into effect was people rediscovered Magnums. Not the Desert Eagle, which I agree is heavy, large, and unconcealable with any hope of actual success. But revolvers.

A .357 Magnum has twice the kinetic energy of a .38 Special. It has more Kinetic Energy than a .45 ACP. The reason that people do not go with the more powerful round has everything to do with the truth that most rounds are a miss in a shooting situation. Magnum rounds, including the famed .44 Magnum, came about when jacketed bullets became a reality.

Let me explain that. The limit to power in a firearm was the speed of the bullet. You could not get lead going much faster than the .38 Special because it would friction melt and leave Lead in the barrel. This caused damage to the weapon, clogging the barrel, affecting the trajectory/accuracy, and eventually causing pitting of the metal. A copper jacketed bullet does not do this. Once we learned how to jacket the bullet, the faster moving bullets were possible without damaging the firearm.

Enter the .357 Magnum. They took a standard .38 Special, and doubled the power of the cartridge. To make the point you should not fire this in a .38 Special, they made the case a little longer to insure you could not load and fire it in a revolver not designed for the cartridge. Otherwise the two cartridges are identical. In fact, the 9MM, .38 Special, and .357 Magnum use essentially identical bullets. The .38 Special or .357 Magnum measures out as 9.05 MM. The only difference is speed of the bullet leaving the barrel. The .38 is slowest, the 9MM is faster, and the .357 Magnum is fastest of all.

The Kinetic Energy calculations show that velocity is the big determining factor. That is why the .357 Magnum has so much more power, the velocity the bullet is traveling at.

Kinetic Energy Calculator

KE = 1/2 Mass Times V Squared. The faster something is moving, the more Kinetic Energy it has.

So by placing bans on high capacity magazines, and losing the advantage of additional ammunition in the weapon, which you would want if you were concerned about the truth of the fact that even cops, miss about half the time, and they train regularly with their weapons and fire at much closer ranges than you would want to. Soldiers tend to miss a vast majority of the time. Then you have to reconsider the entire thing. In that case, if you can’t carry more ammunition, you have to go with the most powerful ammunition you can get. That means people will be looking at Magnums again, and the Magnum is as we explained above, far more likely to cause catastrophic damage to the person being shot. Most people who get shot do not die. Because the bullets are not Hollywood effective.

Here again, physics comes into play. In Hollywood, the baddie is shot and thrown backwards a dozen feet by the impact of the bullet. Newton taught us that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. So if I had a cartridge that was so powerful it would knock someone back half a dozen feet when they were hit by it, then it would have to knock me back that far when I pulled the trigger. Since that doesn’t happen to the shooter, it can’t happen to the one getting shot. If it did happen to the shooter, it wouldn’t be hard to find the murderer. Just look in the Hospital Emergency room for someone with a broken wrist.

Forum List

Back