The Infrastructure Debate

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Gadsden Alabama
Roads and bridges in disrepair, congested highways, and no money to fund the necessary projects. Sound familiar? For years, the debate on how to fund much needed infrastructure repairs and upgrades have stalled, or simply just swept under the rugs for lack of support. Now, at last, the new Congress is talking about ways to fund infrastructure, including a new gasoline tax, as if we need that right now.

New Year New Congress New Hope for Infrastructure Investment ASCE Roundup

How bad are our roads, bridges, highways, water mains, and sewer systems? Some have said that in many cases, the situation is a tragedy waiting to happen. While others seem to think that other spending takes priority, and that infrastructure isn't as bad as some claim.

2013 Report Card for America s Infrastructure

It's strange that we can find the money to build mosques on foreign soil, supply weapons to drug lords and terrorists, and other so-called necessity or priority spending, but infrastructure falls into the category of "if and when the funds become available". Did we raise taxes, or create a special tax to build those mosques, or supply those weapons to drug lords and terrorists? But, we find no problem raising gasoline taxes in order to fund infrastructure projects.

Where would you get the money to fund much needed infrastructure projects?

Nationalize the oil companies? Use the profits to finance infrastructure, education, health care. Just a suggestion that some may object to.

• Banned
Nationalize the oil companies? Use the profits to finance infrastructure, education, health care. Just a suggestion that some may object to.
That would definitely take some serious thought. An enormous amount of pros and cons would have to be considered. Thanks.

• Banned

Wow, I guess we need to copy Venzuela's Government who did exactly that. No thanks. As corrupt as our is, it beats the daylights out of a Dictator.
In some respects, we have our own dictator.

Wow, I guess we need to copy Venzuela's Government who did exactly that. No thanks. As corrupt as our is, it beats the daylights out of a Dictator.

You have NO idea what a dictator is. I was in Spain during Franco's time. I sat just over the Border from the Pol Pot. We had to stand and watch one of our buddies beaten by 5 Gendarmes. To move was final. We had 2 Uzis pointed at us. These Gendarmes laughed while they were beating our buddy. This was just outside a major US Military Base in Spain. Had the Gendarmes wanted, they had the right to shoot us dead without reason. The only reason they didn't was it would have caused quite stink with the US Government. Had we been Spanish Citizens, we would have been mowed down on the spot with no remorse or repercussions. The Gate Guards on the Base had to stand there and watch. There was nothing they could do either.

You need to get out more in the world. And stop spouting Hate Speech.

• Banned

You have NO idea what a dictator is. I was in Spain during Franco's time. I sat just over the Border from the Pol Pot. We had to stand and watch one of our buddies beaten by 5 Gendarmes. To move was final. We had 2 Uzis pointed at us. These Gendarmes laughed while they were beating our buddy. This was just outside a major US Military Base in Spain. Had the Gendarmes wanted, they had the right to shoot us dead without reason. The only reason they didn't was it would have caused quite stink with the US Government. Had we been Spanish Citizens, we would have been mowed down on the spot with no remorse or repercussions. The Gate Guards on the Base had to stand there and watch. There was nothing they could do either.

Very good. What a nice thing to say. Feel better now? Anything else that you'd like to get off your chest while you're on a roll here? I'm sure that you have many more interesting stories, especially war stories that you'd like to share. Please, feel free to let'er rip.

Very good. What a nice thing to say. Feel better now? Anything else that you'd like to get off your chest while you're on a roll here? I'm sure that you have many more interesting stories, especially war stories that you'd like to share. Please, feel free to let'er rip.

Oh, I am so sorry that I removed the premise you were going for. How rude of me to point out that you and your bunch just makes things up as you go. And the Citizens are well aware of this.

• Banned

Oh, I am so sorry that I removed the premise you were going for. How rude of me to point out that you and your bunch just makes things up as you go. And the Citizens are well aware of this.
Again, very good. Now, is there anything else? Go ahead and unload it all while you are doing well. Do not hold anything back. By the way, what was I looking for?

Ping.......hit the little white ball back over the net.

Again, very good. Now, is there anything else? Go ahead and unload it all while you are doing well. Do not hold anything back. By the way, what was I looking for?

You are a passive aggressive bitch. How many times are you going to whine about people getting things off of their chests here? That's at least the third time I've seen you do that lame shit. Just let things go, asshole.

What so you know....you did it again.

We have NOTHING remotely close to a dictator here, dickhead. You said otherwise. That's what you were going ( not looking ) for. Idiot.

You are a passive aggressive bitch. How many times are you going to whine about people getting things off of their chests here? That's at least the third time I've seen you do that lame shit. Just let things go, asshole.
WOW !! All wound up, are we. That was great. And, I bet you didn't have to practice that for very long until you expressed it and wrote it. Feathers ruffled a little? Don't get too upset. This is just a forum, it's not the end of the world. Whatever you do, don't jump. Just get it all off your chest until you feel better. I'm here to help if you need to talk. It might be best to have someone with you until you calm down. And, please, remember, this is just a forum. No one is going to harm you. These are just conversations between strangers, nothing more. Really, it's not a big deal. Just calm down.

What so you know....you did it again.

We have NOTHING remotely close to a dictator here, dickhead. You said otherwise. That's what you were going ( not looking ) for. Idiot.
My my, Tsh Tsh. Don't get so worked up. Calm down. Dickhead? WOW !! No need to be nice, civil, nor adult here. Just go ahead with the immature name calling until it's all out of your system. I understand.

Forum List

Back