The Individual Mandate will be the Problem that Justifies Single Payer

No, we are supposed to provide health care for the single mother that is working for minimum wages. A single mother who may have achieved that status by marrying a man that was in the service and gave that last full measure of duty in Iraq or Afghanistan.

That is a much more valid picture than the one that Chanel gave.

I have absolutely no problem providing health insurance for such a person. It seems criminal that we don't.

My problem is sort of two fold: I don't like the idea of the government being the only provider of health insurance and if you read the aspects of the "public option", which is no option at all, you can see that this is what the government is reaching towards. The second part of my problem is the idea that I will be forced to have health insurance whether or not I can afford it and since I make close to the subsidy level, if my employer decides to stop providing the benefit, I will not be able to afford it, or go to jail.

I simply cannot afford to pay $1200/month (and I don't for a moment believe that the public option will bring the costs down) for health insurance. So, what am I supposed to do now? Move to a cardboard box just so that I can keep myself out of jail thanks to Nancy P?

Immie

If the banks, the auto companies and the supermarkets failed to provide what we needed at reasonable prices, yes. We should establish government alternatives.

So you want to eat government cheese the rest of your life?

Imagine walking into a super market and only being able to buy what the government has deemed as "good for you" foods. Then we would get to pay additional taxes so as to subsidize those people who can't afford "good for you" foods and our grocery bill would double or triple just as our insurance premiums will.

But hey so called progressives would love that. After all they are smarter than all of us right?

Imagine going into the store and walking out empty handed because everything was too expensive for you. I don't think that's too far-fetched. It happens everyday to millions of Americans. The rest of us feel we have an obligation to them as a matter of public policy. If it raises your costs, too bad. That's the price you pay for living here.

We are the only industrialized country that feels this way. We are the only ones who feels health care is not a right.

Life.....LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS, starts with life. You cant have life if you cant be treated.

This is a change we can live with. If YOU dont like it, move to Mexico.

So you want to eat government cheese the rest of your life?

Imagine walking into a super market and only being able to buy what the government has deemed as "good for you" foods. Then we would get to pay additional taxes so as to subsidize those people who can't afford "good for you" foods and our grocery bill would double or triple just as our insurance premiums will.

But hey so called progressives would love that. After all they are smarter than all of us right?

Imagine going into the store and walking out empty handed because everything was too expensive for you. I don't think that's too far-fetched. It happens everyday to millions of Americans. The rest of us feel we have an obligation to them as a matter of public policy. If it raises your costs, too bad. That's the price you pay for living here.

We are the only industrialized country that feels this way. We are the only ones who feels health care is not a right.

Life.....LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS, starts with life. You cant have life if you cant be treated.

This is a change we can live with. If YOU dont like it, move to Mexico.

Very NARROW view there. Sure it starts with life..(So now you admit it...so don't let me see you advocating abortions...OK? ) ;)

But why is it of import for the Government to get in the way of the other two by your reckoning?

The KEY here is limited Government, and the people and their patronage to businesses (free market), that should dictate terms.

All I see here is you avocating ONE part of the equation unto government intrusion. Remember Zona? Those three things you so rightly mention ARE an all or nothing proposition as the Founders of this Republic laid out.

Screwing with one aspect directly imposes upon the others.

Have a Merry Christmas, Zona.

And yet we are supposed to ubsidize the guy who bought a Mercedes on a 50K salary, but claims he couldn't afford health insurance for his family? Sorry Joe - I'm tired of supporting people who live beyond their means. And that's prob. 25 mil out of the 30.

Then how can you NOT be tired of supporting some with the means to have a gold-plated toilet?

The first generation to learn the humanity of 'enough' will get to see their children reach for the stars.

I don't have to imagine that

Cap and trade will raise the prices of absolutely everything.

So will anthropogenic global warming. In the long-run, it's probably a wash.

Tell me how will AGW raise my heating, electric and food bill. How will it raise the price of manufactured goods?

And how much will it raise those prices in the next 40 years?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back