The Incredibles

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
I took my boy's to see this last night, they loved it, said it was the best movie they have ever seen!

It was a really good movie!

Based on the ending I have to assume there will be a second movie.

Thanks for the review Khafley. Was there any adult themes or language in it? I am very strict on what I take my kids to see. Not even Shrek for them. :)

Jackass-

I haven't seen it, but I did read somewhere that there is a body count to it, but it's nothing too disturbing. I imagine the people who've actually seen it will be able to better describe it, so I'll shut up!

Jackass said:
Thanks for the review Khafley. Was there any adult themes or language in it? I am very strict on what I take my kids to see. Not even Shrek for them. :)

Go to www.screenit.com. My mom loves it as it gives, in detail, EVERYTHING parents might find obejectionable. Here's their breakdown on "The Incredibles" with a few added comments from me (since I've seen it):

WARNING! SPOILERS!

Alcohol/Drugs: Mild: A few characters have wine or champagne.

Blood/Gore: Minor: Hero gets a scratch and at one point find the skeleton of another hero he once knew.

Disrespectful Attitude: Extreme: The villians have bad attitudes and are quite sinister. The boy is the troublesome type, playing pranks at school and teasing his sister. The hero lies to his wife a lot (but apoligizes later).

Fright/Tension: Moderate: Too much to list, basically your archetypal comic book tense moments where bad guys are threatening and fighting the good gusy and the good guys are saving each other. There are quite a few bullets fired, but all of them miss (guns are useless in comic books).

Guns/Weapons: Heavy: Standard comic armory full of submachine guns for flunkies and large explosives and laser beams for the higher ups.

Imitative Behavior: Mild: The boy is a prankster. There's a bit of insulting (brother/sister stuff mostly) and a few terms of endearment that sound chauvanistic out of the proper context ("babe" for example).

Jump Scenes (scenes that make you jump): Mild: There's only one, and it's not that bad.

Scary Music: Heavy: Fight music and suspense music.

Innappropriate Music: None

Profanity: Minor: Three uses of "My G**."

Sex/Nudity: Minor: The mom has a prominent bust and a tight costume. There are a few playful scenes that are mildly suggestive, such as the mom pulling the dad back in the house while he tries to go to work. One of the characters is a bit sultry. The villian comments on how the two heroes "Got married and got busy" (after seeing the kids).

Smoking: None

Tense Familty Scenes: Mild: The mom and dad have a heated "discussion" that the kids hear. There's a part where the dad thinks the family is dead (the audience knows they're fine).

Things to Talk About: Moderate: Lawsuits put the heroes out of business. The hero saves a man who jumps off a building. The dad lies to the mom. There are also a few philosophical statements (e.g. if everyone is super, then no one is).

Violence: Heavy: Too much to list, but the first comment is that the cartoony context gives it a less significant impact. For example, it would be bad for kids to see a brother and sister physically fighting each other. It's another thing entirely to see the brother running around the table really fast and slapping the sister on each pass, then the sister throwing up a force field causing the brother to cry foul (it's just funny to hear "Hey, no force fields!").

Ok, that's everything. Go to the web site for the full list (and on other movies).

Hobbit said:
Go to www.screenit.com. My mom loves it as it gives, in detail, EVERYTHING parents might find obejectionable. Here's their breakdown on "The Incredibles" with a few added comments from me (since I've seen it):

WARNING! SPOILERS!

Alcohol/Drugs: Mild: A few characters have wine or champagne.

Blood/Gore: Minor: Hero gets a scratch and at one point find the skeleton of another hero he once knew.

Disrespectful Attitude: Extreme: The villians have bad attitudes and are quite sinister. The boy is the troublesome type, playing pranks at school and teasing his sister. The hero lies to his wife a lot (but apoligizes later).

Fright/Tension: Moderate: Too much to list, basically your archetypal comic book tense moments where bad guys are threatening and fighting the good gusy and the good guys are saving each other. There are quite a few bullets fired, but all of them miss (guns are useless in comic books).

Guns/Weapons: Heavy: Standard comic armory full of submachine guns for flunkies and large explosives and laser beams for the higher ups.

Imitative Behavior: Mild: The boy is a prankster. There's a bit of insulting (brother/sister stuff mostly) and a few terms of endearment that sound chauvanistic out of the proper context ("babe" for example).

Jump Scenes (scenes that make you jump): Mild: There's only one, and it's not that bad.

Scary Music: Heavy: Fight music and suspense music.

Innappropriate Music: None

Profanity: Minor: Three uses of "My G**."

Sex/Nudity: Minor: The mom has a prominent bust and a tight costume. There are a few playful scenes that are mildly suggestive, such as the mom pulling the dad back in the house while he tries to go to work. One of the characters is a bit sultry. The villian comments on how the two heroes "Got married and got busy" (after seeing the kids).

Smoking: None

Tense Familty Scenes: Mild: The mom and dad have a heated "discussion" that the kids hear. There's a part where the dad thinks the family is dead (the audience knows they're fine).

Things to Talk About: Moderate: Lawsuits put the heroes out of business. The hero saves a man who jumps off a building. The dad lies to the mom. There are also a few philosophical statements (e.g. if everyone is super, then no one is).

Violence: Heavy: Too much to list, but the first comment is that the cartoony context gives it a less significant impact. For example, it would be bad for kids to see a brother and sister physically fighting each other. It's another thing entirely to see the brother running around the table really fast and slapping the sister on each pass, then the sister throwing up a force field causing the brother to cry foul (it's just funny to hear "Hey, no force fields!").

Ok, that's everything. Go to the web site for the full list (and on other movies).

What he said

Hahaha...thanks all! Looks like a good site for people with kids. I think we are going to see Polar Express instead :)

Forum List

Back