The Incredible Insanity Of Rejecting Medicaid Expansion

World Savior

May 18, 2015

1. Conservative red states paid federal taxes.
2. Obama wanted to return the red states' own federal taxes back to red states in the form of Medicaid expansion program.
3. Feds agreed to pay 100% for 3 yrs, then 90% for the next few years and subsidize Medicaid for several years to come. Many years!
4. Southern states said to Obama "No thanks, you keep our fed tax dollars, we don't need it for MC in our states. We hate Obamacare even if you give us money to help our poor folks obtain more healthcare and help us create jobs in our own states thereby helping hospitals, doctors and nurses".
5. Obama said to red states "OK thanks Texas and Oklahoma! We will send your fed tax dollars to the blue states. Let your people remain uninsured."

LOL! If you thought republicans weren't masochist, now you know better. Print a bumper sticker for your car that says: "Thank a republican! He subsidized health care cost in my state!"

It could be argued that the subsidy contributes to the rising cost of health care, rather than hedging against it, as all subsidies tend to do.

Medicare expansion explained.

I will let you buy a jet from me for $1.00. It's worth $1,000.000 but I will set it to your for only $1.00. There's only one thing you need to do. Agree that you will hangar the jet, pay for a full crew and fuel, and do all the required maintenance- in perpetuity. These costs will increase at 3-4 x the rate of inflation, forever.

Sound good?

:lol:

I will let you buy a jet from me for $1.00. It's worth $1,000.000 but I will set it to your for only $1.00. There's only one thing you need to do. Agree that you will hangar the jet, pay for a full crew and fuel, and do all the required maintenance- in perpetuity. These costs will increase at 3-4 x the rate of inflation, forever.

Sound good?

Sorry Zander, do you understand numbers? Do you understand what 90% means? What about 100%? Oh yeah I almost forgot. Red states are so bankrupt financially, they can't even pay 10% of their own bills. Mean while blue states are marching right along, using red states' tax dollars to pay for Medicaid expansion. How wonderful. Send me money, I accept Paypal. Will you?

It could be argued that the subsidy contributes to the rising cost of health care, rather than hedging against it, as all subsidies tend to do.

You and your red states are free to keep your population uninsured. I don't mind at all. We will use your red states tax dollars to expand Medicaid. I accept Paypal, if you ever think of throwing away your money. Interested?

You and your red states are free to keep your population uninsured. I don't mind at all. We will use your red states tax dollars to expand Medicaid. I accept Paypal, if you ever think of throwing away your money. Interested?

When did New York become a Red State?

When did I say it did?

When did I say it did?

In post #6..

obama has lied to us , about everything, so WHY trust him about ANYTHING? if the feds decide not to pay the state, what is the state to do, in order to MAKE the feds pay them, hmm? nothing, that's what.

You said: "obama has lied to us , about everything, so WHY trust him about ANYTHING? if the feds decide not to pay the state, what is the state to do, in order to MAKE the feds pay them, hmm? nothing, that's what"

Hahahahaha: You are arguing with yourself saying "Take our tax dollars and use it yourself Obama. We don't trust you. So keep our money and give it to blue states. Hahahaha."

OK OK OK, that's exactly what Obama should do. Keep the red states' tax dollars while your hospitals go bankrupt as they are overwhelmed by the poor and uninsured seek health care from the hospitals while refusing to accept federal dollars so generously awaiting to land in your coffers.

Just when I thought cons couldn't get any stupider, they prove me wrong again. Hahaha.

Sound good?

The article is speaking of Medicaid expansion and not Medicare. For some reason Kansas also refused the millions of federal dollars it would have brought in.
Medicaid is for indigent people.

2. Obama wanted to return the red states' own federal taxes back to red states in the form of Medicaid expansion program.
3. Feds agreed to pay 100% for 3 yrs, then 90% for the next few years and subsidize Medicaid for several years to come. Many years!
4. Southern states said to Obama "No thanks, you keep our fed tax dollars, we don't need it for MC in our states. We hate Obamacare even if you give us money to help our poor folks obtain more healthcare and help us create jobs in our own states thereby helping hospitals, doctors and nurses".
5. Obama said to red states "OK thanks Texas and Oklahoma! We will send your fed tax dollars to the blue states. Let your people remain uninsured."

LOL! If you thought republicans weren't masochist, now you know better. Print a bumper sticker for your car that says: "Thank a republican! He subsidized health care cost in my state!"

So Blue States come out on top.

As near as I can tell the elected officials in red states were elected by the people from the Red States. In essence, it is the people of the state saying...shove your money Obama.

Some people just don't respond rationally to coercion.

Some people just don't respond rationally to coercion.

It does not cost YOU anything....

Somehow it does not cost ANYONE anything.....

and in the next thread libs will whine red states get too much tax dollars alrdy

And yet another good point.

If the blue states want to stop subsidizing red states.....great. That way the blue states can keep all their money.

But the registered democrats in those red states that are majority of the money suckers.....will move to blue states.

I still like the idea.

Of course, the right wing should stop kidding itself into thinking that only democrats take that money.....

So Blue States come out on top.

As near as I can tell the elected officials in red states were elected by the people from the Red States. In essence, it is the people of the state saying...shove your money Obama.

And the huge amounts of revenue poured into false advertising, plus the fact that the majority of eligible Americans don't vote, had nothing to do with it.

And of course elected officials always keep their campaign promises, right?

You said: "obama has lied to us , about everything, so WHY trust him about ANYTHING? if the feds decide not to pay the state, what is the state to do, in order to MAKE the feds pay them, hmm? nothing, that's what"

Hahahahaha: You are arguing with yourself saying "Take our tax dollars and use it yourself Obama. We don't trust you. So keep our money and give it to blue states. Hahahaha."

OK OK OK, that's exactly what Obama should do. Keep the red states' tax dollars while your hospitals go bankrupt as they are overwhelmed by the poor and uninsured seek health care from the hospitals while refusing to accept federal dollars so generously awaiting to land in your coffers.

Just when I thought cons couldn't get any stupider, they prove me wrong again. Hahaha.

What's funny is that this moron thinks that somehow his little fairy tale is true.

They hand you money with a ball and chain.

I think World Savior is off saving the world..

He does not come up on a reference list.

Nobody else here is stupid enough to pick up his argument.

If the goal was to expand health care to those who needed it most, then you couldn't have come up with a more expensive, confusing, inefficient and ultimately crippling way of doing it than the ACA. It is a disaster that will keep unfolding into new disasters year after year. Like a tumor feeding on it's host, it will continue to grow as the Federal spending pie shrinks to accommodate the demands of Obamacare.

Forum List

Back