The Incredible Hypocrisy Lives On......

TENAC

Rookie
Mar 23, 2009
Tennessee
After the AIG debacle, why would the Fannie and Freddie bonuses be given a free ride?

Bwaney Fwank came out with some very convincing mock outrage about it. I thought surely they wouldnt do it.

But apparently they are:
Fannie, Freddie to pay out bonuses

Fannie and Freddie are paying out those bonuses anyway – regardless of Barney Frank’s demands and the populist furor over AIG’s bonus payouts.

Frank, the chairman of the Financial Services Committee, sent a letter Friday to James Lockhart, the federal regulator overseeing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, asking him to rescind retention bonuses of at least $1 million planned for four top executives over the next two years.

(its from the politico. I still cannot post urls. wilhosa, lets not go through that again)

Thats pretty stupid. But hey, we keep electing them.

Lets see, both AIG and Fannie/Freddie have govt money.

Fannie and Freddie were always govt actors.

AIG was at least private, once.

Lockhart also argues that the Obama administration has given Fannie and Freddie a key role in its plan to stabilize the housing market and preventing foreclosures – and the success of their effort depends on keeping the expert staff on hand.

You have to wonder.. will Congress tax these bonuses at 90% like the AIG bonuses?

Thank you for posting the link.

My question is are these the same executives that brought about the mortgage debacle?

Worst

admin

ever

ComicBookGuy1.jpg

After the AIG debacle, why would the Fannie and Freddie bonuses be given a free ride?

Bwaney Fwank came out with some very convincing mock outrage about it. I thought surely they wouldnt do it.

But apparently they are:
Fannie, Freddie to pay out bonuses

Fannie and Freddie are paying out those bonuses anyway – regardless of Barney Frank’s demands and the populist furor over AIG’s bonus payouts.

Frank, the chairman of the Financial Services Committee, sent a letter Friday to James Lockhart, the federal regulator overseeing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, asking him to rescind retention bonuses of at least $1 million planned for four top executives over the next two years.

(its from the politico. I still cannot post urls. wilhosa, lets not go through that again)

Thats pretty stupid. But hey, we keep electing them.

Lets see, both AIG and Fannie/Freddie have govt money.

Fannie and Freddie were always govt actors.

AIG was at least private, once.
oh man
:doh
never should have bailed these morons out

If we want to the temple not to crumble we need to pay the priests.

Apparently, we still want the same corrrupt sytem we've been suffering with.

It isn't serving most of us all that well, but it's serving enough of the people with power and influence that they'll spend trillions (of the taxpayers' money) to get it going again.

If we want to the temple not to crumble we need to pay the priests.

Apparently, we still want the same corrrupt sytem we've been suffering with.

It isn't serving most of us all that well, but it's serving enough of the people with power and influence that they'll spend trillions (of the taxpayers' money) to get it going again.
Hey its only been a trillion per week for 9 weeks now.

In 20 years history will not be kind to this administration.

I am new here, so bear with the redundancy of what you already know.

The difference here to me is that Barney, Dodd et al continue to cta. It was (since 2006) there was a dramatic upswing into the financial shenanigans of F&F.

And its still operating. They are continuing to back loans, good and bad.

WHY is it allowed to exist?

F&F are getting special treatment. If you could get a whistleblower out of there, likely half of congress would hang.

If you remove F&F (read government) from the equation, you have NO banking crisis.

The news is starting to report these tea parties, I hope that you all take the time to go to yours, it is up to us to turn this country around and send a very strong message to those in congress and the senate that we are not going to put up with this nonsense anymore. They work for us not us for them!!! Between the wacko environmentalists and the liberal elite they are going to trash this country, they won't even let us do wind generators in the deserts of California because they are worried a bird might fly into it. No solar panels either because they are unsightly. They won't let us drill here either, it's insanity and it has got to come to a screeching halt. Small interest groups are not the focus, the silent majority is and I will be silent no more.

The news is starting to report these tea parties, I hope that you all take the time to go to yours, it is up to us to turn this country around and send a very strong message to those in congress and the senate that we are not going to put up with this nonsense anymore. They work for us not us for them!!! Between the wacko environmentalists and the liberal elite they are going to trash this country, they won't even let us do wind generators in the deserts of California because they are worried a bird might fly into it. No solar panels either because they are unsightly. They won't let us drill here either, it's insanity and it has got to come to a screeching halt. Small interest groups are not the focus, the silent majority is and I will be silent no more.

I wonder what would happen if Americans decided to withhold filing there taxes until midnight April 16? A one day protest. You get hit with a couple of dollars in minor penalties, but it would cost the govt much more to collect that meager amount.

I realize a lot of people have already filed early, getting a refund (thats another discussion), but it would absolutely send a message.

Forum List

Back