The Increasing Costs of Democrats

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
"Americans are paying more than double for gas than when President Bush first took office." Nancy Pelosi

Gas Price Jan 3, 2007: $2.32. (Nancy picks up the gavel)

“Democrats have a commonsense plan to help bring down skyrocketing gas prices by cracking down on price gouging, rolling back the billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies, tax breaks and royalty relief given to big oil and gas companies, and increasing production of alternative fuels.” -- Nancy Pelosi April, 2006

Average Price of Gas today: $2.95

Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Update

So maybe banning offshore drilling is not the best idea?

We can no longer afford Democrats in Government, they need to lose at least another 75 seats in 2012

Is there something in your link that ties higher fuel prices to a ban on offshore drilling? Please elaborate.

Is there something in your link that ties higher fuel prices to a ban on offshore drilling? Please elaborate.

It ties higher fuel prices to an anti-American, anti-Free Enterprise, one party rule that was American under Obama, Pelosi & Reid

"I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment (To higher gas prices) ...but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly US automakers, then I think ultimately, we can come out o f this stronger and have a more efficient energy policy than we do right now." -- Barack Hussein "57 States" Obama (CNBC, 6/10/08)

Yea, I do supposed we shuld just forget when it was $4 a gallon a few years ago.

You'd think by now with all that Iraqi oil we "liberated", gas prices would be back down to $.19 a gallon with a set of steak knives with every fill-up.

Please find one quote by Bush saying Iraq would lowered the price of gas at the pump.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44[/ame]

remember when Bush promised us that revenues from Iraq's oil would finance the war and reconstruction of the nation?

Even at $146/bbl at the end of Bush's term that never happened!

remember when Bush promised us that revenues from Iraq's oil would finance the war and reconstruction of the nation?

Even at $146/bbl at the end of Bush's term that never happened!

Not what I remember, Wolfowitz said the Iraqi oil revenues would be $50-100B over 2 or 3 years.

But I remember Obama calling for higher prices.

"I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment (To higher gas prices) ...but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly US automakers, then I think ultimately, we can come out o f this stronger and have a more efficient energy policy than we do right now." -- Barack Hussein "57 States" Obama (CNBC, 6/10/08)

Nice, Frank, your Obama quote didn't include the phrase "To higher gas prices", it was inserted into his commentary.

Grassley and Rumsfeld testified before congress and asserted that the burden of reconstruction should not be saddled upon the American tax payer.

Nice, Frank, your Obama quote didn't include the phrase "To higher gas prices", it was inserted into his commentary.

Grassley and Rumsfeld testified before congress and asserted that the burden of reconstruction should not be saddled upon the American tax payer.

BARACK OBAMA: "Well, I think that we have been slow to move in a better direction when it comes to energy usage. And the president, frankly, hasn't had an energy policy. And as a consequence, we've been consuming energy as if it's infinite. We now know that our demand is badly outstripping supply with China and India growing as rapidly as they are. So..."

HARWOOD: "So could these high prices help us?"

BARACK OBAMA: "I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps right now to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money into their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly US automakers, then I think ultimately, we can come out o f this stronger and have a more efficient energy policy than we do right now." (CNBC, 6/10/08)

There's Obama callign for higher prices.

And where did anyone say Iraq was going to lower price at out pump

And finally, BoooooooooooooooshhhHHhhhHhhHh, we hates him! is not an answer for the Epic Fail of Dems overseeing increases in energy prices

Fact is, oil is not infinite and we do need to get off of it. I agree with his comments 100%. Including it being gradual, not like it actually happened.

Fact is, oil is not infinite and we do need to get off of it. I agree with his comments 100%. Including it being gradual, not like it actually happened.

How do you KNOW it's finite?

They still don't really know what creates oil. Remember when everyone thought it was dinosaurs?

We don't know oil is finite. There have been predictions of us running out of oil, since I was a child.

They had pockets that emptied out, fill up again!

Much of the oil is simply too expensive to go after, it has nothing to do with running out.

The fact of the matter is this world runs on oil. No government is going to change that. They can't even print money right, let alone push invention.

But show me the "green fuel source" that is going to fuel a plane.

That I would like to see!

You'd think by now with all that Iraqi oil we "liberated", gas prices would be back down to $.19 a gallon with a set of steak knives with every fill-up.

I guess that pretty much puts the lie to the idea we went to Iraq because we wanted to take over their oil.

Forum List

Back