CDZ The Income Inequality Charade

Income will never be equal, the point is to strive to make the opportunity's to be as level as possible.
we could have solved simple poverty Yesterday; the Only problem the Right Wing has with it, is that the Poor may benefit.

Daniel, here is a fact.

If you took 50% of the wealth of the top 1% of people in this country and distributed it evenly among the lowest 10% of people and you came back in 5 years to check on everyone, what you would see was that the majority of the top 1% would have all rebuilt their wealth while the majority of the bottom 10% would have all squandered what money they were given and be in just the same condition if not worse than they were when you first gave them the money.
You miss the point. We are to provide for the general welfare not the general malfare.

We should be solving for actual socioeconomic phenomena, not right wing political fantasy.

Daniel, I've just had it up to here with debating folks who have double digit IQs, so I'll simply say to you "have a nice day"

Income will never be equal, the point is to strive to make the opportunity's to be as level as possible.
we could have solved simple poverty Yesterday; the Only problem the Right Wing has with it, is that the Poor may benefit.

Daniel, here is a fact.

If you took 50% of the wealth of the top 1% of people in this country and distributed it evenly among the lowest 10% of people and you came back in 5 years to check on everyone, what you would see was that the majority of the top 1% would have all rebuilt their wealth while the majority of the bottom 10% would have all squandered what money they were given and be in just the same condition if not worse than they were when you first gave them the money.
You miss the point. We are to provide for the general welfare not the general malfare.

We should be solving for actual socioeconomic phenomena, not right wing political fantasy.
What is your definition of 'General Welfare", Daniel? Please be specific.

Daniel, here is a fact.

actually solving problems not just creating more public sector means of production to provide excuses.

Daniel, here is a fact.

actually solving problems not just creating more public sector means of production to provide excuses.
I'm confused with your definition of 'General Welfare". Please explain it to where a simpleton such as myself could understand.

Really? What party desperately relies on the government welfare voter block? What party makes a concerted effort to keep their poor voter block hooked on government assistance? What party uses fear mongering and racism accusations to keep their low income minority voters pulling the D lever? That would be the original Racist party, the Democrats. Class dismissed.
the right wing complains about the cost of social services.

why not come up with better solutions at lower cost, like Good capitalists.
The answer to that is simple. Any change that the GOP would bring forward to welfare or entitlements would be immediately attacked by the Democrats with the tried and true "THEY ARE TRYING TO TAKE YOUR MONEY !!! WE WILL PROTECT YOU SO VOTE FOR US!!!"

Daniel, here is a fact.

I'm confused with your definition of 'General Welfare". Please explain it to where a simpleton such as myself could understand.
Our welfare clause is a general power; it must cover any exigency if not a common defense issue.

Really? What party desperately relies on the government welfare voter block? What party makes a concerted effort to keep their poor voter block hooked on government assistance? What party uses fear mongering and racism accusations to keep their low income minority voters pulling the D lever? That would be the original Racist party, the Democrats. Class dismissed.

The answer to that is simple. Any change that the GOP would bring forward to welfare or entitlements would be immediately attacked by the Democrats with the tried and true "THEY ARE TRYING TO TAKE YOUR MONEY !!! WE WILL PROTECT YOU SO VOTE FOR US!!!"
actually solve the problem don't just cut spending on the Poor.

Daniel, here is a fact.

Our welfare clause is a general power; it must cover any exigency if not a common defense issue.
Can you elaborate....remember, I'm a simpleton.

There are examples and qualifications, in our Constitution.

I would like you to explain it.....it would show me what YOU are talking about.

Here are examples and qualifications of what our Founding Fathers meant by the general welfare and common defense:

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;-And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Here are examples and qualifications of what our Founding Fathers meant by the general welfare and common defense:

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;-And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
Your words were, "You miss the point. We are to provide for the general welfare not the general malfare.

We should be solving for actual socioeconomic phenomena, not right wing political fantasy."

I don't understand the correlation between your earlier post and what you just posted.
I am thoroughly confused.

Your words were, "You miss the point. We are to provide for the general welfare not the general malfare.

We should be solving for actual socioeconomic phenomena, not right wing political fantasy."

I don't understand the correlation between your earlier post and what you just posted.

I see.....

I see.....
Congress is delegated Power to solve our problems not make excuses.

I see.....

Then you must be thoroughly pissed at BOTH parties, because clearly neither side in Congress actually wants to solve anything. Yet , strangely, I've never heard you post boo about Democrats, all you EVER do is mouth off about the right...

How do you solve a problem with any of our complex problems when the Party you need to agree on a solution is dead set against anything you might propose? Our Congress has never worked together very well. Now it is completely dysfunctional.

On a related note Tucker Carlson had a very interesting story last night about GM. I would like to know why the CEO of GM is making 4 times what the CEO of Toyota is making as the company is firing workers to improve profitability.

I'm not sure I'd care so much if GM hadn't just 10 years ago needed we the taxpayers to bail their asses out, but they did, and I do.

I believe in capitalism, but this is some bullshit.

I see.....

Then you must be thoroughly pissed at BOTH parties, because clearly neither side in Congress actually wants to solve anything. Yet , strangely, I've never heard you post boo about Democrats, all you EVER do is mouth off about the right...
the democrats have healthcare reform and a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage.

the right wing is simply useless.

How do you solve a problem with any of our complex problems when the Party you need to agree on a solution is dead set against anything you might propose? Our Congress has never worked together very well. Now it is completely dysfunctional.
come up with a good plan; and argue those of the opposing view into submission.

Forum List

Back