The income gap widens

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
According to USA Today the gap between the richest 5% and everyone else widened in 2011.

No kidding?

Could it be because the rich are smart with their money? Which is what made them rich in the first place. Certainly, being smart with your money, resulting in enough money to be able to invest it or shelter it wisely, helps.

None of it is the fault of the richest 5%.

Interestingly, the richest 5%, according to the article, are those making $186k or more a year per household. It's interesting that only 5% of the US households makes over that. It's also interesting on a personal note that I'm only about 20K from being in the 5%. I'll have to get my wife to work some overtime.

So, the Obama economy has hit everyone who hasn't the where-with-all to protect their income and savings.

Why does Obama hate the middle class and the poor?

So every time some 'nut scoffed at the notion that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer,

they were full of shit??

So every time some 'nut scoffed at the notion that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer,

they were full of shit??

Step one: Deny the income gap is widening. When forced to face reality:

Step two: Explain that it's because the top 5% are working harder than they used to relative to everyone else, so they deserve it.

they were full of shit??

Step two: Explain that it's because the top 5% are working harder than they used to relative to everyone else, so they deserve it.

I don't deny it. I've explained it. And yes, the rich stay rich for the same reasons they got rich, because of the choices they made. The poor and middle class, are that way because of the choices they made.

I'm middle class, and it's because of the choices I made. Now, because I don't have all of the avenues open to me that the rich may have to shelter my money, I am feeling the effects of the Obama Economy.

I deserve every penny I've earned as so does EVERYONE else; rich, middle class, and poor.

As more and more people become unemployed in the obama economy there is no way the income gap could not widen.

they were full of shit??

I don't deny it. I've explained it. And yes, the rich stay rich for the same reasons they got rich, because of the choices they made. The poor and middle class, are that way because of the choices they made.

I'm middle class, and it's because of the choices I made. Now, because I don't have all of the avenues open to me that the rich may have to shelter my money, I am feeling the effects of the Obama Economy.

I deserve every penny I've earned as so does EVERYONE else; rich, middle class, and poor.

Why shouldn't you have access to the same avenues to shelter money?

The vast majority of the rich got that way by being pulled out of the right crotch when they were born. Yes, there are rags to riches stories....but that's a large minority.....most of them got their money the old fashioned way....they were born into it.

The vast majority of the rich got that way by being pulled out of the right crotch when they were born. Yes, there are rags to riches stories....but that's a large minority.....most of them got their money the old fashioned way....they were born into it.

Complete left wing garbage.

Not in the least bit true.

You might have a point about the 1%, but not the 5%. The majority of the people who make >$180k didn't inheret it.

You might have a point about the 1%, but not the 5%. The majority of the people who make >$180k didn't inheret it.

since when is $180k rich? If you notice, I said rich. $180k is well off...but I'd say "rich" begins at the $500K-1M level and goes up from there. I said nothing of percentage points.

since when is $180k rich? If you notice, I said rich. $180k is well off...but I'd say "rich" begins at the $500K-1M level and goes up from there. I said nothing of percentage points.

Read the OP, or pick up the USA Today. That is what this whole thread is about. People making over $180k.

It's a great way to excuse away ones own failures though isn't it?

Sure is. It's the left wing mantra.
"I'm poor because that rich guy took all the money".
"He just got lucky that's all."
"The government should take away his money and give it to me because I'm not rich and he is."

"The government should take away his money and give it to me because I'm not rich and he is."

Hey....My wife and I make $120k/year and we pay taxes on every fucking penny. so take your stupid stereotypes and shove them up your asses. If anything, it's you folks who are the whining failures, blaming "Gubmint" for keeping you down.

Hey....My wife and I make $120k/year and we pay taxes on every fucking penny. so take your stupid stereotypes and shove them up your asses. If anything, it's you folks who are the whining failures, blaming "Gubmint" for keeping you down.

You're the one crying the only way to get rich is to be born that way.

Ranting now? You should have read the OP so you'd know what was being talked about. Instead you ran off at the mouth and made yourself look foolish. Now you are mad at us? You ARE a liberal aren't you.

Ranting now? You should have read the OP so you'd know what was being talked about. Instead you ran off at the mouth and made yourself look foolish. Now you are mad at us? You ARE a liberal aren't you.

Oh....I see...responding to your ignorance and stereotyping is "ranting", but your lame ass post is rational? go fuck yourself.

Forum List

Back