The Immigrant Experience

What exactly were you expecting gratefulness for?
My willingness to cooperate with you from my first post and my honestly in saying (right in my first post) that we will have to see if the second part of your question is do-able.

Not answering a pretty simple, direct question?
You are stupid.

What did you find "impossible to answer"?
A mountainous question that you couldn't even narrow down, even though I asked you to.

If you could be more specific, maybe I can help you understand.
Now ain't that sumpin'! That's exactly what I asked of you … but you couldn't do it.

.... a pretty simple, direct question

"Pretty simple"? There are millions of people on the move. They are from here, from there, and everywhere. Some are legit some are not. Some are good, some are bad. But you want me to lump them all up and say whether I think immigration is a good thing …. or a bad thing. Your brain must be on perpetual ebb.

What exactly were you expecting gratefulness for?
My willingness to cooperate with you from my first post and my honestly in saying (right in my first post) that we will have to see if the second part of your question is do-able........

You seem to have an unproductively distorted view of your own self-importance, but that's up to you. Feel free to avoid any other simple questions I might post in the future. That way there's no bickering and everyone's happy

.... a pretty simple, direct question

"Pretty simple"? There are millions of people on the move. They are from here, from there, and everywhere. Some are legit some are not. Some are good, some are bad. But you want me to lump them all up and say whether I think immigration is a good thing …. or a bad thing. Your brain must be on perpetual ebb.

I understand now that the question is too difficult for you. Don't trouble yourself. No hard feelings.

Who here has lived it? For the purposes of discussion, let's stipulate "immigration" as moving to a country other than the one of your birth for at least a year. It might be interesting to see who has personal experience to inform some of their attitudes and/or assumptions here.

My wife was born in another country. We live the legal immigrant expierence every single day as a family.

This is exactly why I have no patience or sympathy for illegal immigrants. And you can add their worthless excuses on top of it about why they had to be here illegally.

The process sucks and it's long. But there is no reason why law breakers should get to skip all of that and get a free pass. If you can't go through the legal process then you don't deserve to be here.

Who here has lived it? For the purposes of discussion, let's stipulate "immigration" as moving to a country other than the one of your birth for at least a year. It might be interesting to see who has personal experience to inform some of their attitudes and/or assumptions here.

My wife was born in another country. We live the legal immigrant expierence every single day as a family.

This is exactly why I have no patience or sympathy for illegal immigrants. And you can add their worthless excuses on top of it about why they had to be here illegally.

The process sucks and it's long. But there is no reason why law breakers should get to skip all of that and get a free pass. If you can't go through the legal process then you don't deserve to be here.

The OP did not specify legal status.

It also didn't say that the legal immigrant expierence wasn't wanted either.

It's possible to enjoy the immigrant expierence without breaking the laws and living in the shadows. we don't have to hide our lives or be in fear of a government agent knocking at our door.

Why can't all these others?

It's possible to enjoy the immigrant expierence without breaking the laws and living in the shadows. we don't have to hide our lives or be in fear of a government agent knocking at our door.

Why did you assume the OP had anything to do with legal status?

Why did you assume the OP had anything to do with legal status?

Don't really care if it did or did not. I posted my expierence then went a little deeper with how I feel on the matter of immigrants. Didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to post my thoughts in addition to the thread topic.

Forum List

Back