The Immigrant Experience

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Who here has lived it? For the purposes of discussion, let's stipulate "immigration" as moving to a country other than the one of your birth for at least a year. It might be interesting to see who has personal experience to inform some of their attitudes and/or assumptions here.

u think they hang here...where english is spoken? And why do you think they would even be here? They dont give a damn for Our Country. And do you mean legal or illegal? The illegal doesnt have to answer, just get the fuck out.
You are so, so, out of touch.

They dont want our language uncle terrie...or our history or politics or our fkn hamburgers. They want our money and our jobs...and southern california...thats all.
How ignorant you are. You embarrass me.

lol, oh man...I gotta say here...this guy thought immigrants would line up to post....oh man....lmfao

I know hundreds of immigrants here less than three years who know English, History, and Political Science better than windshit ever will.

I know hundreds of immigrants here less than three years who know English, History, and Political Science better than windshit ever will.

And you, regularly, make postings that are inherently impossible to prove.

Who here has lived it? For the purposes of discussion, let's stipulate "immigration" as moving to a country other than the one of your birth for at least a year. It might be interesting to see who has personal experience to inform some of their attitudes and/or assumptions here.
I haven't personally lived the life of an immigrant; however, for the last 21 years I've live in one of the largest immigrant communities in California.

My personal experience has been most of my neighbors contribute more productively to the US economy than I have, and recently I found some unexpected support for my belief:

"Great libertarian thinkers such as Milton Friedman and Ludwig von Mises believed that the free movement of people (labor) across borders is desirable in the same way that the free trade of goods and capital is desirable.

"Both labor and capital should not be hindered from relocating to areas in which they can be most productively used. As Mises wrote in his influential book Liberalism, 'There cannot be the slightest doubt that migration barriers diminish the productivity of human labor.'

"To illustrate this point, consider the differences in productivity between the United States and Mexico.

"The United States is much more productive than Mexico and, consequently, has five times more income per person.

"It's not just that the United States has better educated or more skilled workers, although it does. Rather, the capital, institutions, and infrastructure makes the same workers much more productive simply by being in a different place.
How Free Immigration Could Double the Economy | Corey Iacono

I haven't personally lived the life of an immigrant; however, for the last 21 years I've live in one of the largest immigrant communities in California.

My personal experience has been most of my neighbors contribute more productively to the US economy than I have, and recently I found some unexpected support for my belief:

"Great libertarian thinkers such as Milton Friedman and Ludwig von Mises believed that the free movement of people (labor) across borders is desirable in the same way that the free trade of goods and capital is desirable.

"Both labor and capital should not be hindered from relocating to areas in which they can be most productively used. As Mises wrote in his influential book Liberalism, 'There cannot be the slightest doubt that migration barriers diminish the productivity of human labor.'

"To illustrate this point, consider the differences in productivity between the United States and Mexico.

"The United States is much more productive than Mexico and, consequently, has five times more income per person.

"It's not just that the United States has better educated or more skilled workers, although it does. Rather, the capital, institutions, and infrastructure makes the same workers much more productive simply by being in a different place.

And yet our Lower and Middle classes, who are mostly in competition with immigrants, have had flat wage growth for decades during this time of high immigration.

Strange.

And yet our Lower and Middle classes, who are mostly in competition with immigrants, have had flat wage growth for decades during this time of high immigration.

Strange.
My knee-jerk explanation for why wage growth has remained flat lately has to do with how the profits from productivity gains have gone largely to one percent of "workers."

Strange.
My knee-jerk explanation for why wage growth has remained flat lately has to do with how the profits from productivity gains have gone largely to one percent of "workers."

Despite large increases over the last couple of decades in both size of the economy and productivity, wages for the lower and middle class have remained flat.

The point of economic policy is not to grow the economy or to increase productivity.

Growing the economy or increasing productivity are MEANS TO AN END.

The END is the Serving the Interests of the American Citizens.

IF this growth and increases have NOT resulted in an improved standard of living for the majority of the American Citizens, then the policy is a failure and needs to be changed.

Would you not agree?

u think they hang here...where english is spoken? And why do you think they would even be here? They dont give a damn for Our Country. And do you mean legal or illegal? The illegal doesnt have to answer, just get the fuck out.
You are so, so, out of touch.
lol,,its their land.They have a right to be there,its the other party that are the invaders.

Forum List

Back