The Imaginary War on Women

I don't think there is a war on women either. I kind of find it insulting when certain groups of people are pretending to speak on behalf of people. I am capable of speaking for myself. There is one thing though, where is the outrage when it comes to women being treated poorly in other parts of the world. Now there is a real challenge. It bothers me to hear about women in other countries that barely have learned how to read and write and for whom giving birth is still a high risk. Where is the effort to work on that. ♥

And how are our politics supposed to influence the problems of women in other nations?

There is no war on women.
Or rather, the war is over. We won.

Women are outpacing men professionally, socially, and educationally:

In a first, women surpass men in college degrees - CBS News

Young, single, childless women out-earn male counterparts - USATODAY.com

Women have more options and choices about their lives than men do (no shame acrues to the woman who wishes to stay home and parent her children full-time, in fact this week makes it clear just how broad the support for that choice is, but the same does not hold true for a man who wishes to be a SAHD).

We have legal remedies to address any sort of wage disparity (and companies who've been confronted with a class action lawsuit, i.e., Walmart, have paid the price and quickly changed their corporate culture).

A woman who relies upon her spouse as her source of financial support isn't villified, but a man who relies upon his wife to support him is known far and wide as a sponge and a leech.

Continuing to beat the drum of "the war on women" just makes women look like perpetual victims, and we aren't. Women have every opportunity to achieve success which equals or surpasses that of men, and many of them are taking full advantage of these opportunities.

Frankly, if there is any combat still occurring, it is on the battlefield of the war on boys. (and I'm saying this as the mother of a teenage son).

Perhaps they're the ones we should worry about next....

College completion rate among men stalls

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQenWItvHrE]The GOP War on Women - Television Ad - YouTube[/ame]

"Politicians are always declaring a “war” on something. Often the conflict is entirely in their imaginations– like the War on Christmas and the War on Religion. Sometimes it’s a label designed to lend a sense of urgency to a problem they are not going to fix – like the War on Poverty and the War on Drugs.

On rare occasions there actually is a war going on, like the War on Women, by which I mean the increasingly aggressive Republican-led assault on women’s rights, starting with access to abortion and contraceptives.

Just yesterday, Gov. Jan Brewer of Arizona signed a law banning abortions after 20 weeks except in life-threatening medical emergencies, and requiring ultrasounds before abortions."

The Republican War on Women Is Real - NYTimes.com

"Politicians are always declaring a “war” on something. Often the conflict is entirely in their imaginations– like the War on Christmas and the War on Religion. Sometimes it’s a label designed to lend a sense of urgency to a problem they are not going to fix – like the War on Poverty and the War on Drugs.

On rare occasions there actually is a war going on, like the War on Women, by which I mean the increasingly aggressive Republican-led assault on women’s rights, starting with access to abortion and contraceptives.

Just yesterday, Gov. Jan Brewer of Arizona signed a law banning abortions after 20 weeks except in life-threatening medical emergencies, and requiring ultrasounds before abortions."

The Republican War on Women Is Real - NYTimes.com

Restricting access to abortion after 20 weeks does not equate to a "war on women" in my view. There are many women who would support this sort of change in the laws governing abortions.

Last edited:
There is no war on women.
Or rather, the war is over. We won.

Women are outpacing men professionally, socially, and educationally:

Another wingnut lie by omission. It's easy to outpace when your so far behind. It's not the Democrats who's against equal pay for equal work. It's not the Democrats who want to shove something up a woman's vagina when she exercises her legal right to control her reproduction. It's not the Democrats who tried to defund shelters for battered women. It's not Democrats who chose to go against best medical advice, and attempt to remove contraception from baseline insurance.

There is a war on woman. Middle aged right wing wing males want to control their reproduction, pay scale, and ability to escape abuse situations.

Last edited:
Another wingnut lie by omission. It's easy to outpace when your so far behind.

Definition fail. Outpace means "to surpass or exceed." In large urban areas, childless women under 30 with college degrees are not only out-earning men, but are doing it by a significant margin, per capita.

It's not the GOP who's against equal pay for equal work. It's not the Democrats who want to shove something up a woman's vagina when she exercises her legal right to control her reproduction.

In what state are women restricted from buying contraception?

It's not the Democrats who tried to defund shelters for battered women. It's not Democrats who chose to go against best medical advice, and attempt to remove contraception from baseline insurance.

Oh, i see. you consider preventative medicine to be a right. i consider contraception something that I (or any other woman) can buy, MYSELF, at any point, in the same way that men buy condoms. And, it costs about $20 a month. At planned parenthood, it can be purchased on a sliding fee scale by low-income women.

You don't want equality. You want special privilege for women.

Your post is hyperbolic and a little hysterical, not to mention completely void of facts.

That's no way to go through life, missy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back