The Imaginary Greatness of FDR

Rabbi and CrusaderFrank are both well known supporters of the Ministry of Truth, that conservative organization formed and funded to correct history so that facts never conflict with RW ideology.

Here's the data set:

US Unemployment 1932: 24.1%, 1933: 24.9, 1934: 21.7%, 1935: 20.1%, 1936: 16.9%, 1937: 14.3%, 1938: 19.0%, 1939: 17.2%. 8 year Average = 19.8%

Which year did FDR have us exit the Great Depression.

Rabbi and CrusaderFrank are both well known supporters of the Ministry of Truth, that conservative organization formed and funded to correct history so that facts never conflict with RW ideology.

Hey.....it worked for the Soviet Union, it will work for the GOP

Here's the data set:

US Unemployment 1932: 24.1%, 1933: 24.9, 1934: 21.7%, 1935: 20.1%, 1936: 16.9%, 1937: 14.3%, 1938: 19.0%, 1939: 17.2%. 8 year Average = 19.8%

So lets look at the numbers

Unemployment dropped 10% between 1932 and 1937 and then saw a one year spike of 5% in 1938 before it dropped for good

Ask the people who got jobs under FDR if they appreciated it

The Soviets already had Eastern Europe

We would have had to take it from them

So agreeing to enslave tens of million of people and crushing freedoms in formerly great European nations was just another sign of FDR greatness.

To me it beats losing 1 million American soldiers in combat

Do you know WWII history? Do you know when FDR agreed to sell out Eastern Europe to Uncle Joe? The loss of 1MM American lives :)cuckoo: (another fake Progressive metric)) was never an issue.

Oh, by the way, we successfully developed and tested a weapon that could vaporize entire Soviet cities.

He was determined to support Britain early in the war when US public opnion was overwhelimingly against it. He did it simply because it was the right thing to do.

Lease lend didnt shoot down planes but it helped us in our hour of need, for that I think he was a great man.

If your neighbors house is on fire...you don't argue about the price of the hose

Here's the data set:

Unemployment dropped 10% between 1932 and 1937 and then saw a one year spike of 5% in 1938 before it dropped for good

Progressives claim that FDR got us out of the Great Depression, show me when this supposedly happened.

1939 unemployment was 17.2% was that finally the result of the implementation of the New Deal?

Why is this so difficult?

He was determined to support Britain early in the war when US public opnion was overwhelimingly against it. He did it simply because it was the right thing to do.

Lease lend didnt shoot down planes but it helped us in our hour of need, for that I think he was a great man.

If your neighbors house is on fire...you don't argue about the price of the hose

Warsaw, Prague and Vienna were on fire from Soviet oppression and FDR was handing out gasoline and matches. I guess they stopped being our neighbors once FDR sold them out to Uncle Joe

So agreeing to enslave tens of million of people and crushing freedoms in formerly great European nations was just another sign of FDR greatness.

To me it beats losing 1 million American soldiers in combat

Do you know WWII history? Do you know when FDR agreed to sell out Eastern Europe to Uncle Joe? The loss of 1MM American lives :)cuckoo: (another fake Progressive metric)) was never an issue.

Oh, by the way, we successfully developed and tested a weapon that could vaporize entire Soviet cities.

It was an issue to the Soviets. They had already lost 20 million people and were not going to be invaded again. You don't think it would have taken 1 million American deaths to dislodge them?
Ask the Germans who lost 5 million.
The Soviets would have fought to the death.....Americans wouldn't

Yes we could have nuked them.....how would that have left us in our world standing? Do you still think even after hitting them with nukes that the Soviets would not have kept fighting?

Here's the data set:

Progressives claim that FDR got us out of the Great Depression, show me when this supposedly happened.

1939 unemployment was 17.2% was that finally the result of the implementation of the New Deal?

It's difficult because people on the left have been told all their lives how FDR was great and got us out of the Depression. So when confronted with evidence this was not the case they must dismiss it. They must claim something is wrong somewhere because it goes against what they "know" to be true.
But the numbers don't lie. His policies were disaster.
And if you really want to see lying, look at Alan Blinder's piece in this AM's WSJ, excusing Obamanomics. How this man ever got to occupy a responsible position is beyond me.

FDR supposedly is a Great President for "Getting us out of the Great Depression."

Here's the data set.

I see no greatness. I see 8 consecutive years of failure.

FDR US Unemployment 1932: 24.1%, 1933: 24.9, 1934: 21.7%, 1935: 20.1%, 1936: 16.9%, 1937: 14.3%, 1938: 19.0%, 1939: 17.2%. 8 year Average = 19.8%

What's so great about averaging 20% unemployment for 8 consecutive years?

He succeeded big time in his area of expertise Frank.... Propaganda. Shame on you Frank!!! ;)

Here's the data set:

Republicans once again gloating that they put us in a situation that the Democrats can't fix

When given 24% unemployment .....14% is pretty good

Just ask the 10% who got jobs

You also don't price gouge the water at $100.00 a gallon. ;) Oh my.... Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, oh my!

Republicans once again gloating that they put us in a situation that the Democrats can't fix

You are veering into incoherence. Again. Can't handle the truth?

How about you let us know when Fannie and Freddie get Neutered, Sock Puppet! ;)

How about we try a new mantra??? Don't spend what you don't have. Live within your means.

Just keep those government and union employment benefit packages growing in spite of everything going on around you. You can always blame the prudent, for the damage you do. The unwashed masses will always swallow that bullshit, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

We fixed it in 1920-21, that's not the issue.

FDR is great because it took him 8 years to get us to 14% unemployment?

Here's the data set:

To paraphrase Mark Twian, 'there are liars, damn liars and stupid liars who use statistics'.
IMHO you are not only a 'stupid liar' but a seditionist. While the attribution remains cloudy this quote seems to sum up rather well the character of the far right to which you belong:
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.”
I don't know what motivates you to post such dribble CF, a need to be noticed and included in a 'movement' possibly; I'm sure it's not patriotism for nothing you post suggests any undertanding of our nations fundamental ideals.

How about you let us know when Fannie and Freddie get Neutered, Sock Puppet! ;)

How about we try a new mantra??? Don't spend what you don't have. Live within your means.

Just keep those government and union employment benefit packages growing in spite of everything going on around you. You can always blame the prudent, for the damage you do. The unwashed masses will always swallow that bullshit, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What the hell are you blabbering about?

Here's the data set:

To paraphrase Mark Twian, 'there are liars, damn liars and stupid liars who use statistics'.
IMHO you are not only a 'stupid liar' but a seditionist. While the attribution remains cloudy this quote seems to sum up rather well the character of the far right to which you belong:
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.”
I don't know what motivates you to post such dribble CF, a need to be noticed and included in a 'movement' possibly; I'm sure it's not patriotism for nothing you post suggests any undertanding of our nations fundamental ideals.

Frankie is bored and playing his "Watch me rile up the Liberals" game

Forum List

Back