The ignorant vote

Merlin1047 said:
The wife of a friend of my is a rabid kerry supporter and equally rabid Bush hater. Her attitude is totally irrational. She resents it when I attempt to e-mail her extracts of articles, even when they are from unbiased sources. She refuses to acknowledge government statistics or studies from media sources if they do not favor kerry. Yet she soaks up every distorted talking point vomited out by the Democrats without question. She repeatedly demands that she wants to know my opinion, yet when I attempt to show her the basis on which I have formed my opinions, she is not interested.

What is puzzling about her behavior is that she is far from stupid. The woman is smart, talented and fun to talk to. But she is a total embarrassment when it comes to politics. I've given up. I just told her that I'm going to cancel her vote in this election. I think that pissed her off.

Good.

Man, that sounds exactly like my wife's best friend! They could be the same person. :shocked:

Merlin1047 said:
The wife of a friend of my is a rabid kerry supporter and equally rabid Bush hater. Her attitude is totally irrational. She resents it when I attempt to e-mail her extracts of articles, even when they are from unbiased sources. She refuses to acknowledge government statistics or studies from media sources if they do not favor kerry. Yet she soaks up every distorted talking point vomited out by the Democrats without question. She repeatedly demands that she wants to know my opinion, yet when I attempt to show her the basis on which I have formed my opinions, she is not interested.

What is puzzling about her behavior is that she is far from stupid. The woman is smart, talented and fun to talk to. But she is a total embarrassment when it comes to politics. I've given up. I just told her that I'm going to cancel her vote in this election. I think that pissed her off.

Good.

That sounds so typical of most liberals. They do not really want to rationally discuss anything with conservatives. They would rather just put us down as stupid or scary people. Whenever I occasionally find one who will rationally discuss something, they will talk up to the point where it becomes clear to them that I am "winning" the argument and so before they have to acknowlege that, they will then take off on another tangent of some sort or else upset the conversation with emotional rhetoric.

They just don't seem to want to relate to rational thought based upon facts (unless it supports their position in some way).

Since liberals have mainly an emotion-based political agenda, I condemn them as being ignorant, perhaps deliberately so. It cracks me up that they believe themselves to be intellectually superior.

I really dislike Bush the person and what he stands for, but I will vote for his group, we are offered no better choice.
Kerry will always try and talk his way out of a situation and will hesitate to use force. I think is combat experience in Vietnam has made him gun shy.
But what I can understand is why so many people blindly stick up for Bush the man.
G.W.s’ whole life is something that anyone who values strength and self-reliance would be against.
Everything he has achieved in life has been through privilege and connections. He did not earn a single position he has come to hold. In fact most of his earlier years of life he sought to avoid responsibility. Like his coveted position in the Texas Air National Guard, while the rest of his generation faced the reality of Vietnam.
If you wanted to put a label on him it would be a ‘front man’ for his network, a face for the public to see.
I support the network behind Bush and their goals, but I do not like the messenger they have chosen.

Getting back on topic, most average Americans don’t care about politics; they don’t have the intellect to contemplate a serious issue for any length of time. And why should they? Life is good for them, they can tell you about what music they like or what it is they are doing to make only their life better, good for them.
Leave the real issues to people with the means and the vision.

Forum List

Back