The Ice Ball-The Melt-The beginning of life---The Here & NOW

I did. You're wrong either way. Simce this thread is about a global flood, I responded in its context. Yes, sea levels will rise, as the earth warma. Tjats a mathematical fact. So, if you want to contest it, start with the mathematicians.

"global" was not a word or term during this time period which disqualifies this term in this debate/discussion.
As I see it
:)-

just pick one-
I am not your assistant. State your point.

the term “global” had not been invented or created yet so using this term to win the debate is not valid, in my point of view of things
You can not find the term "global" in ay Bible or Tora or any other religious text.

[ ] agree
[ ] disagree
What say you-?

Last edited:
Genesis 6:9–9:17

Noah was a righteous man and walked with God. Seeing that the earth was corrupt and filled with violence, God instructed Noah to build an ark in which he, his sons, and their wives, together with male and female of all living creatures, would be saved from the waters. Noah entered the ark in his six hundredth year, and on the 17th day of the second month of that year "the fountains of the Great Deep burst apart and the floodgates of heaven broke open" and rain fell for forty days and forty nights until the highest mountains were covered 15 cubits, and all earth-based life perished except Noah and those with him in the ark.

I stand corrected. In the eyes of those who observed the event, it could very well have looked like a “global” flood.

I have been wrong before and this is just another oops, I’m wrong again

And no, there wasn't a global flood.

It has been proven that there have been a few great floods. Whether or not one of those floods was the biblical flood can be debated until we get another great flood.
This should not deter you from your religious beliefs, just remember the verses were written over 2,000 years ago. It is stated that it rained for forty (40) days and nights. To the observer at the time of this event; it may well have "looked" like a global flood.

if the debate is over whether or not there was ever a global flood...its not only valid, it's central.

How can you in one statement state "if the debate is over whether or not there was ever a global flood"

And then in the same line state "And no, there wasn't a global flood"

I believe you are trying to pull the string from both ends at the same time
This is like stating, "No There Was Never A great Flood" and then continue by stating,
"But if there was it didn't reach mountain tops"

how is it working out-?

It has been proven that there have been a few great floods. Whether or not one of those floods was the biblical flood can be debated until we get another great flood.
This should not deter you from your religious beliefs, just remember the verses were written over 2,000 years ago. It is stated that it rained for forty (40) days and nights. To the observer at the time of this event; it may well have "looked" like a global flood.
No, sorry, that wont cut it, either. The people of the region were already communicating and trading with people in Africa, Europe,and Asia. The next week, when a wagon of goods showed up from eastern Europe, along with the news that there was no flood there, they would have then learned that the flood was not global.

if the debate is over whether or not there was ever a global flood...its not only valid, it's central.

How can you in one statement state "if the debate is over whether or not there was ever a global flood"

And then in the same line state "And no, there wasn't a global flood"

I believe you are trying to pull the string from both ends at the same time
This is like stating, "No There Was Never A great Flood" and then continue by stating,
"But if there was it didn't reach mountain tops"

how is it working out-?
That makes no sense whatsoever . Sorry.

No, sorry, that wont cut it, either. The people of the region were already communicating and trading with people in Africa, Europe,and Asia.

Discovered the Earth is round

The flat Earth model is an archaic conception of Earth's shape as a plane or disk. Many ancient cultures subscribed to a flat Earth cosmography, including Greece until the classical period, the Bronze Age and Iron Age civilizations of the Near East until the Hellenistic period, India until the Gupta period (early centuries AD), and China until the 17th century.

The idea of a spherical Earth appeared in Greek philosophy with Pythagoras (6th century BC), although most pre-Socratics (6th–5th century BC) retained the flat Earth model. Aristotle provided evidence for the spherical shape of the Earth on empirical grounds by around 330 BC. Knowledge of the spherical Earth gradually began to spread beyond the Hellenistic world from then on.[1][2][3][4]
Flat Earth - Wikipedia

The Old Testament is the original Hebrew Bible, the sacred scriptures of the Jewish faith, written at different times between about 1200 and 165 BC. The New Testament books were written by Christians in the first century AD.
BBC - Religions - Christianity: The Bible

Scholars in the first half of the 20th century came to the conclusion that the Yahwist was produced in the monarchic period, specifically at the court of Solomon, 10th century BC, and the Priestly work in the middle of the 5th century BC (the author was even identified as Ezra), but more recent thinking is that the Yahwist was written either just before or during the Babylonian exile of the 6th century BC, and the Priestly final edition was made late in the Exilic period or soon after
Book of Genesis - Wikipedia

The bible was written around about 1200 and 165 BC
Aristotle provided evidence for the spherical shape of the Earth on empirical grounds by around 330 BC.

Which came first-?

Very large geological events have occurred over time. The top of Mount Everest was once part of a sea bed. With all this going on I cannot figure out why you deny the great flood.

Now having said that, I am here to be convinced otherwise.

May the debate continue :)-

The great flood was in the Euphrates river basin about 2900 BC. There's evidence of a flood footprint (sediment) .. The water came from snowmelt from the Zagros mountains and heavy spring rains.

Plate tectonics explain seashells on Mt Everest millions of years earlier.

Forum List

Back