The "I still have POWER!" Thread

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Why we still have power, let's entertain each other.

Ice outside, more coming this afternoon.

What's it like where you are?

Whatcha doing?

I'm just outside of Boston and it's snowing ... a lot! It has been since about 8:00 this morning. Reading the latest reports, snow totals have been increased for today's storm. What the hell that means for tomorrow is beyond me, but I'm happy to say that I will be spending tomorrow's storm in the comfort of my home. And I do believe some baking is in order.

50 deg here om central KY. And the sun popped out for just a few minutes. Might need to work on my tan some.

I live in a condo complex, I was awoken by my neighbors scraping the ice off their cars.
They were out there forever it seemed, a ton of ice with more coming this afternoon.

The news said an inch of ice (or is it 2?) is like having 500 pounds on the powerlines. :eek:

luis_carias_he-man_power.jpg

We got about 3" of snow overnight, then a break, now we're having sleet and freezing rain a lot earlier than initially thought. But it's only a little off and on so far, the storm hasn't even really gotten here yet.

Just got back from a trip to the store on foot and we're ready for anything!

Good deal on the power, EZ. Hopefully it stays on!

It is a warm sunny day here, I think it is about 6 out. Thinking about hitting the pool, then doing some sunbathing.

Here's what fell last night. More today/tonight and then several inches of snow.

Wife is down with the flu, daughter and I are bored. Prob go get the office mail and feed the cat. Then to grocery store - that is IF we can get there LOL.

Made bacon/pancakes this morning. No syrup so we made some with water/suger/honey/molasses. Not bad. Play on the Wii, maybe Scrabble or Monopoly. Got a few beers left. Hmmm and some weed. :D

Attachments

• $CIMG6260.JPG
    $CIMG6260.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Just made some hard boiled eggs, and a pan of brownies. Getting ready to make some cookies.

I also have humus and pita bread, cheese and crackers, pasta and potato salad, lettuce, fruits, and veggies and dip.

If the power goes out at least we won't starve!

And the patio will become our fridge!

I spent most of the morning shoveling a path to the gas tanks, cleaning off the back deck and plowing the lot.

The afternoon will probably be a bust as will all of tomorrow. I'm thinking about going out for a few pitchers of beer and some wings.

I spent most of the morning shoveling a path to the gas tanks, cleaning off the back deck and plowing the lot.

The afternoon will probably be a bust as will all of tomorrow. I'm thinking about going out for a few pitchers of beer and some wings.

Please come fetch me....wings sound delicious!

I don't know. I like my wings hot enough to melt faces off and we now know that hot sauce is abusive.

My lights are flashing off and on right now. I hear the pellets of ice against my window as I type......

Not looking good here folks, see you all in a few days! (I hope!)

Forum List

Back