The Hypocrisy Epidemic

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Moralizing for Me, But Not for Thee
By Jonah Goldberg, Jewish World Review
August 31, 2007

One solution to the hypocrisy epidemic, of course, is to have no morals at all. You can't violate your principles if you don't have any. Another solution: simply define down your principles until they are conveniently consistent with your preferred lifestyle. My own perfect moral code would mandate a strict regimen of not enough exercise, too much scotch and a diet rich in cured meats. Men would be religiously barred from taking out the garbage until their wives told them no less than three times to do so. "Thou Shalt Not Shave More Than Thrice Monthly": I'd never be a hypocrite if only the Bible gave us commandments like that.

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/jonah083107.php3

Good article AA. LOL...Gay sex offsets

This is about as hypocritical as it gets:
You don't even have to give up traditional religion, so long as you now define the teachings of your faith in perfect compliance with the Democratic platform.

Okay I need some help here. My comprehension skills must be fading. Can anyone tell me what the writer is on about? I'm reading a weak attempt at deflecting blame from Craig and shift it to the left. It's a pretty poor effort but since it's been approved here there must be something I'm just not picking up in it.

Okay Can anyone tell me what the writer is on about?

This sums it up in a nutshell: The left hates the hypocrisy, not the behavior. Remember their defense of Clinton when he had sex with an intern and lied about it--hey, it's only sex! Now get what the main point of the article is about? I don't recall the Democrats putting the heat on Clinton to resign.

This sums it up in a nutshell: The left hates the hypocrisy, not the behavior. Remember their defense of Clinton when he had sex with an intern and lied about it--hey, it's only sex! Now get what the main point of the article is about? I don't recall the Democrats putting the heat on Clinton to resign.

Ah thanks, I wasn't being disingenuous, I really did miss the point, but that clarifies it, much appreciated.

I may have a view on that but having just had the benefit of your explanation of it I think it's best for me to ruminate before diving back in. :eusa_angel:

As the family values types have quietly accepted and even encouraged the types of all their otherwise deviants that practice opposite of what they preach, I am not surprised that many here would attempt to deflect their sins on the enormous dick of Bill Clinton.

Ah thanks, I wasn't being disingenuous, I really did miss the point, but that clarifies it, much appreciated.

I may have a view on that but having just had the benefit of your explanation of it I think it's best for me to ruminate before diving back in. :eusa_angel:

It's a stupid conservative thang, don't you know?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

I don't think you're being difficult, doc, but I also don't think you are completely cognizant of the conservative American obsession with the power of the Bill Clinton Erection.

Am I being difficult if I ask why the focus on alleged hypocrisy now? Or has it been going for a long time and I simply wasn't aware of it?

Maybe it's Northern Hemisphere thing, I dunno?

As the family values types have quietly accepted and even encouraged the types of all their otherwise deviants that practice opposite of what they preach, I am not surprised that many here would attempt to deflect their sins on the enormous dick of Bill Clinton.

It's a stupid conservative thang, don't you know?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

you mean deflecting hypocrisy of an absolute zero to analyze the hypocrisy of the entire liberal population?

Do you think the liberal hypocrisy here is irrelevant?

I don't think you're being difficult, doc, but I also don't think you are completely cognizant of the conservative American obsession with the power of the Bill Clinton Erection.

Maybe it's Northern Hemisphere thing, I dunno?

Ah, the Great Clenis. Explains everything :D

Evil Clenis. Rampant Clenis. Mind-boggling Clenis. Going-to-War Clenis. If it weren't for Clenis everything would be hunky-dory :D

Forum List

Back