The Husband Store

S

Shattered

A store that sells new husbands has just opened in New York City where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

<b>"You may visit the store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights.

There is, however, a catch: you may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!"

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.

On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs.

The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids.

The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids, and are extremely good looking.

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework.

"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.</b>

Shattered said:
Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.
dmp said:
It's lonely here on the 5th floor...

(sigh)

What are you doing on the 5th floor?

:funnyface

Shattered said:
:laugh:

I'd imagine it is... Whatever do you do to pass the time?
Don't feel bad; he's just washing the windows. He'll be to the 6th floor after he finishes here.

misterblu said:
What are you doing on the 5th floor?

Well.. He IS cute, he loves his kids dearly, he does have a job, he sounds like he has a strong romantic streak, and he's <b>said</b> he helps with housework.. No solid proof on that one, tho...

Shattered said:
Well.. He IS cute, he loves his kids dearly, he does have a job, he sounds like he has a strong romantic streak, and he's <b>said</b> he helps with housework.. No solid proof on that one, tho...

I help all the time with housework:

"mary - next on your list is to vacuum. After that, put up molding in the bathroom and paint. What EVER would you do w/o me organizing your tasks??"

:D

Shattered said:

I could be persuaded to believe that he might do housework, as long as it doesn't involve tools.

dmp said:

"mary - next on your list is to vacuum. After that, put up molding in the bathroom and paint. What EVER would you do w/o me organizing your tasks??"

:slap: Shame on you. Back down to the 4th floor with you.

dmp said:

Someone needs to supervise, quality control, inspection, performance review, etc. These are all important.

Shattered said:
:slap: Shame on you. Back down to the 4th floor with you.

When we first wed I did more housework - until having to hear 'You did it WRONG!'.

Now, she does most of the housework required while I'm here, slaving away for TheMan, posting on USMB.

:)

And Jon - I can DO tool shit...but she actually LIKES it - so I let her.

The ClayTaurus said:
Don't feel bad; he's just washing the windows. He'll be to the 6th floor after he finishes here.

Let's see. We know that there are no males on the 6th floor. Yet you're saying that D is going to the 6th floor after he washes the windows.

Are you saying D isn't a man? :eek:

dmp said:
When we first wed I did more housework - until having to hear 'You did it WRONG!'.

Now, she does most of the housework required while I'm here, slaving away for TheMan, posting on USMB.

:)

And Jon - I can DO tool shit...but she actually LIKES it - so I let her.

Oh, it was never a question of whether or not you're capable. Rather, I was suggesting that you don't LIKE to. Therefore I figured you wouldn't.

Turns out I was right.

misterblu said:
Oh, it was never a question of whether or not you're capable. Rather, I was suggesting that you don't LIKE to. Therefore I figured you wouldn't.

Turns out I was right.

It's not that I don't 'like' to so much as she REALLY likes to. Get it? I'm sensa-teev to that. I'm a 'giver'.

Forum List

Back