The Hurt Locker

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
The Hurt Locker (2009) - Box Office Mojo

The movie that won the Best Picture academy award actually tanked at the box office. Domestically it only made $14.7 mil and $21 total. It's been out since June, 26 2009 (10 months) and its way down on the daily ticket sale list (not even in the top 10).

Since it now won the Best Picture, do you see:
(1) A mass amount of people flooding to see it?
(2) A large ad campaign and a large scale release?
(3) Do you plan to see it personally?

Either way I can't imagine The Hurt Locker being in the pooper too long. In fact I think it will be $400 mil gross revenue movie before too long.

I don't even remember it coming out last summer. Somebody dropped the ball

and what i saw on the news a week ago....the guys in Iraq got to see it and some thought it was hillarious and some thought it was an insult to them....this was on the local news....anyone seen this movie?.....personally i think the movie that brings in the most people should get it....lets face it for Avatar to make what it has,people are seeing it 2-3 times,it must have done something right.....the The Hurt Locker....i dont know anyone who has seen it....Avatar many....

Only got through maybe 30 or 45 minutes of it. It was boring as hell and I'm a big fan of war flicks but this one was utterly intolerable.

Not surprised at all though that the Hollyweird loons voted for it. If they can make a negative statement about war they'll do it every time.

Just because something wins an academy award, in my mind, doesn't guarantee its a good movie or I'll like it. Lots of artsy fartsy crap wins awards, and that's not movies I'm into.

Didn't "Lost in Translation" get nominated and that was the biggest crap go nowhere movie I've ever seen. didn't even finish it it was so boring

Just because something wins an academy award, in my mind, doesn't guarantee its a good movie or I'll like it. Lots of artsy fartsy crap wins awards, and that's not movies I'm into.

Didn't "Lost in Translation" get nominated and that was the biggest crap go nowhere movie I've ever seen. didn't even finish it it was so boring

"The Piano"

"The English Patient"

Enough said.

and what i saw on the news a week ago....the guys in Iraq got to see it and some thought it was hillarious and some thought it was an insult to them....this was on the local news....anyone seen this movie?.....personally i think the movie that brings in the most people should get it....lets face it for Avatar to make what it has,people are seeing it 2-3 times,it must have done something right.....the The Hurt Locker....i dont know anyone who has seen it....Avatar many....

So you're saying that a movie with the highest ticket sales should be nominated for and win Best Picture? Avatar for instance .. took in huge numbers. But, take away the special effects ... the 3D .. the beauty of it all and all you're left with is a story line done many times over in different films ( Dances With Wolves comes to mind ) and mediocre acting at it's best.

I'll put The Hurt Locker on my Netflix queue and watch it when it arrives.

"The Piano"

"The English Patient"

Enough said.

I love the English Patient. And both the actors.

"The Piano"

"The English Patient"

Enough said.

I love the English Patient. And both the actors.

Fell asleep....booooooring.

I was glad to see Hurt Locker win, I thought it was a great movie.

Avatar on the other hand...it was the same story as Dances With Wolves, just with blue indians. It was horribly written with too many over the top characters. Special effects were great in all but the acting was nothing special and story completely unoriginal.

So you're saying that a movie with the highest ticket sales should be nominated for and win Best Picture? Avatar for instance .. took in huge numbers. But, take away the special effects ... the 3D .. the beauty of it all and all you're left with is a story line done many times over in different films ( Dances With Wolves comes to mind ) and mediocre acting at it's best.

I'll put The Hurt Locker on my Netflix queue and watch it when it arrives.
yea i am....KINDA....if no one goes to see the movie that wins,or when they do see it,they fall asleep 30 min into it (Chariots of Fire) then what was so dam good about it?.....and thats not saying the Hurt Locker sucks....i just havent run into anyone who has seen it....i was hoping UP would win....a good movie should be Entertaining and enjoyable,one you would like to see again.....not one that you cant wait for it to end....

The Hurt Locker (2009) - Box Office Mojo

The movie that won the Best Picture academy award actually tanked at the box office. Domestically it only made $14.7 mil and $21 total. It's been out since June, 26 2009 (10 months) and its way down on the daily ticket sale list (not even in the top 10).

Since it now won the Best Picture, do you see:
(1) A mass amount of people flooding to see it?
(2) A large ad campaign and a large scale release?
(3) Do you plan to see it personally?

Either way I can't imagine The Hurt Locker being in the pooper too long. In fact I think it will be $400 mil gross revenue movie before too long.

I'll wait for it to arrive on DVD, and within a month it'll be on Dish PPV. I think I can wait until Avatar goes retail since adult fantasy isn't my thing. I made the mistake of renting a $1.99 special last Saturday, which was one of the Oscar nominees (District 9). Now I know why it was so cheap. THAT was Oscar material? Give...me...a...break.

Forum List

Back