the house hearings

wimpy77

Jan 21, 2009
i watched some of the house hearings with geithner today. the tone of their forces and their questions were a complete 180 from last week. it was like a love fest going on. this was from both sides. some of these guys wanted him fired a week ago.

I want him fired now! I still can't believe that he is open to a world currency

Well, had not ol' Georgie borrowed a trillion or so from China, we might not be having that discussion. And, given the leverage the Asian nations now have with our debt, this may happen whether or not we participate.

Well, had not ol' Georgie borrowed a trillion or so from China, we might not be having that discussion. And, given the leverage the Asian nations now have with our debt, this may happen whether or not we participate.

As frightening as a world currency could be, there is one other possible scenario that would have far less appeal...

Paying my mortgage in Chinese yuan instead of dollars.

-Joe

That could well happen. If the Chinese value the Yuan upwards, as many say they should, they will be able to purchase far more on the open market. With the many droughts in the worlds food baskets, that would create a situation where most of the third world nations would not be able to compete with China for food, and would be dependent on the Chinese for food aid.

The Yuan could well replace the Dollar as the world currency in that situation.

olde barry spent 2 trillion in 1 week.....but don't let that get in your way.....

So let's fix a hole in the boat by making a bigger hole. :lol:

olde barry spent 2 trillion in 1 week.....but don't let that get in your way.....

President Barak Hussein Obama inherited a whole series of crisis from Bush. Is he doing what is correct for the situation? I hope so. I do not see any constructive ideas coming from you or any other of the partisans on this board. Whether he is right or not, at least he is trying. More than Bush ever did. Hard to try from an eight year vacation.

President Barak Hussein Obama inherited a whole series of crisis from Bush. Is he doing what is correct for the situation? I hope so. I do not see any constructive ideas coming from you or any other of the partisans on this board. Whether he is right or not, at least he is trying. More than Bush ever did. Hard to try from an eight year vacation.

You wouldn't know what a constructive idea was if it bitch slapped you Old Rocks.

No, No cause it's all about Bush always. He is their go to deflection no matter how much King Obama screws up. They continue to try the logic "well Bush did it" as if it makes Obama's drunken spending OK. Bush was wrong to do it and Obama is wrong to quadruple it. Both cases equal wrong but they just can't admit their American Idol winner is as bad.
It is much easier for the libs to live in the past then face the reality of the present.

Forum List

Back