The hottest July on record

so now weather ISNT anecdotal
nice
but i giuess only the weather that YOU think supports your bullshit

Actually editec is quite correct. And I don't think many people are arguing that there hasn't been a warming trend since the little ice age. The arguing is about how big the contribution is from burning fossil fuels. Some think catastrophe is around the corner and some think natural variation (plus small AGW). I think the earth's natural homeostasis is easily up to dealing with man's folly but others disagree. Who appears to be more correct about the gulf disaster? The doomsayers or the moderates?
the point i have maintained is that weather is anecdotal but they want to exclude weather data that doesnt support their crap
and yes,m accumulated data from multiple sources would be useful in determining the temp of the planet as a whole and the way it changes over time
but they want to use a short time frame data to make all time coverage

Hell, no one is excluding weather data. It is simply a fact that the heat records are now exceeding the cold records by a two to one margin. It is not the climatologists that are stating that the data from the satellites is a government conspiracy, it is wingnuts like you, Dive.

Record high temperatures versus record lows

Consider a record daily high to mean that temperatures were warmer on that day than on the same date throughout a weather station's history. As time passes, the number of record high and low temperatures will diminish. This is because as the years roll on and records accumulate, it becomes increasingly difficult to break a record. A new paper (Meehle 2009, see press release) examines the record highs and lows since 1950. Figure 1 shows the number of record high temperatures (red dots) and record low temperatures (blue dots). If temperatures weren't warming, we would expect the number of record highs and lows to be roughly equal. Instead, the highs and lows diverge over time with gradually more record highs than lows.

Oh, you mean that I am a fucking moron because I cite proof of my opinion?

If you were not such an ignorant ill informed ass, you would at least try to cite someone with some authority in the field for evidence supporting your opinion. That is, if you can find anyone reputable that shares your opinions.

Oh, you mean that I am a fucking moron because I cite proof of my opinion?

If you were not such an ignorant ill informed ass, you would at least try to cite someone with some authority in the field for evidence supporting your opinion. That is, if you can find anyone reputable that shares your opinions.
i'm likely much more informed than you are
i'm just not the pompous ass you are

Last edited:
I see. We post articles from Science, Nature, the Publications of the National Academy of Sciences, you do yap-yap, but it is we that don't understand science. Your brilliance is simply blinding, old boy.

I believe we just set another record for number of days over 110.

Remember, its Arizona....its hate, but its a dry hate.

Last edited:
I see. We post articles from Science, Nature, the Publications of the National Academy of Sciences, you do yap-yap, but it is we that don't understand science. Your brilliance is simply blinding, old boy.
thats because even though you may read it, you dont understand it
but then, you only post stories that support your world view and ignore the rest
you are nothing but a dupe

I believe we just set another record for number of days over 110.

Remember, its Arizona....its hate, but its a dry hate.
gee, its hot in AZ, what a shocker

I think we set a record for over 110 degree's. Will look it up. I thought I heard this on the local news. BRB

It's been hotter than that in Las Vegas in August in the past. I can attest to that. I am sure the same can be said of Arizona.

You don't understand science, you stupid fuck. You have nothing. You're a flunky.

In Washington State...

Bellingham temperatures began to decrease Monday, Aug. 16, following three straight days of record-breaking highs.

On Friday, Aug. 13, the high temperature reached 90 degrees; the record was 84 degrees set in 1977. Saturday’s high was 88, beating the record of 85 in 2005 and 1967. The high Sunday was 90 degrees; the record was 86 set in 1985, said National Weather Service meteorologist Dana Felton.

Bellingham cooling off after 3 days of record heat; fire danger in eastern Whatcom County - PM Newsletter - bellinghamherald.com

Forum List

Back