The Horrors of Government spending

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
to all you retards (mostly Republicans and other reactionary idiots) who go apeshit every time the fed spends a dime, regardless of where its spent

tell me how the national highway system was built and the impact on America's economy.

What do you think will happen when that system collapses due to neglect and lack of funding?

to all you retards (mostly Republicans and other reactionary idiots) who go apeshit every time the fed spends a dime, regardless of where its spent

tell me how the national highway system was built and the impact on America's economy.

What do you think will happen when that system collapses due to neglect and lack of funding?

I was fully clicking on this thread expecting to see images of innocent civilians we blew up in wars or something like that.

Instead sarcasm :) Cool.

To address your post the federal government should ONLY be spending on national defense. ALL other spending should be done at state and local levels and approved by the citizens of said states and localities. We need roads and Highways but it should be the states building the highways within their borders not the feds.

In my constitutionally based opinion.

• Banned
To address your post the federal government should ONLY be spending on national defense.

So no building mints to coin money? No interstate freeways? No federal law enforcement? No centralized aid to help States that are devastated by natural disaster? No FDA? No USDA?

Did you think at all before posting that?

ALL other spending should be done at state and local levels and approved by the citizens of said states and localities. We need roads and Highways but it should be the states building the highways within their borders not the feds.

Highway =/= interstate. To build a national syste, and maintain requires single body to plan, implement, and manage the project. America would not be a superpower today without the interstate system and will not be one if that system falls apart.

You're kinda stupid, aren't ya?

In my constitutionally based opinion.

It would help if you so-called "constitutionalists" actually read the Constitution.

"To establish Post Offices and post Roads" - Article 1, Section 8, Clause 7
:lol:

Nice one, Polk. I didn't think of the postal system

Post roads could be considered interstate highways. I never referred to them as such but if you are sending mail to another state you could consider the interstate a vital part of that.

I don't think that the highway system is going to collapse, remember that 780 billion dollar no stimulus stimulus bill??? Here in Colorado we already had nice highway systemS so the way that our wonderful state is spending millions is to put up bill boards at thousands of dollars a piece to tell colorado state residents that they are re-paving BIKE TRAILS, and that they have hired 6 NEW TEMPORARY workers to do it.:lol::lol: YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK.

Last edited:
  • Banned

I don't think that the highway system is going to collapse

The Army Corps of Engineers and the National American Society of Civil Engineers disagree. Last I heard, we got Ds across the board.

remember that 780 billion dollar no stimulus stimulus bill??? Here in Colorado we already had nice highway systemS so the way that our wonderful state is spending millions is to put up bill boards at thousands of dollars a piece to tell colorado state residents that they are re-paving BIKE TRAILS, and that they have hired 6 NEW TEMPORARY workers to do it.:lol::lol: YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK.[/quote]
Updated for 2008
ASCE estimates that $1.6 trillion is needed over a five-year period to bring the nation's infrastructure to a good condition. Establishing a long-term development and maintenance plan must become a national priority. But in the short term, small steps can be taken by the 110th Congress, as well as state legislatures and local communities, to improve our nation's failing infrastructure.

Infrastructure Report Card 2005

all Cs and Ds in 2005. D Overall (most recent report)

Poor road conditions cost U.S. motorists $54 billion per year in repairs and operating costs--$275 per motorist. Americans spend 3.5 billion hours a year stuck in traffic, at a cost of $63.2 billion a year to the economy. Total spending of $59.4 billion annually is well below the $94 billion needed annually to improve transportation infrastructure conditions nationally. While long-term Federal transportation programs remain unauthorized since expiring on Sept. 30, 2003, the nation continues to shortchange funding for needed transportation improvements.

Conditions

The nation is failing to maintain even the current substandard conditions, a dangerous trend that is affecting highway safety and the health of the economy. While passenger and commercial travel on our highways has increased dramatically in the past 10 years, America has been seriously under-investing in needed road and bridge repairs.

Forum List

Back