The horrific reality

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
“The horrific reality is that, in the United States alone, “eco-friendly” wind turbines are killing an estimated 13,000,000 to 39,000,000 birds and bats every year!” - Paul Driessen

These figures may appear to be exaggerated, but in reality what was exaggerated was the minimizing of bird and bat mortality, as Big Wind had managed to own the mortality statistics, enabling their massaging into “acceptable” levels (the 440,000 birds a year often quoted for the US). Indeed, monitoring contracts routinely signed between windfarm operators and ornithologists typically stipulate that reports to be prepared by the latter will be the property of the former. And to make the cover-up airtight, “gag clauses” prohibit hired ornithologists to disclose their findings in any way or form.

Well, all you “Eco-followers should read this. You beg to save the Spotted Owl and Darter Fish but push to have more of these killing machines all over the place. Read more @ The horrific reality

:mad:

Well..now that you are on Wind Turbines..where are you facts and figures for glass buildings? How about power lines? Airplanes? Cars? Having lights on in cities 24 hours day?

Forgive me if I find your "concern" somewhat dubious. Millions of birds and bats have been getting killed by the things I mentioned and for decades.

Well..now that you are on Wind Turbines..where are you facts and figures for glass buildings? How about power lines? Airplanes? Cars? Having lights on in cities 24 hours day?

Forgive me if I find your "concern" somewhat dubious. Millions of birds and bats have been getting killed by the things I mentioned and for decades.

So in your book it is OK fine to introduce a means of killing between 13 and 39 million more because of your political leanings?

So in your book it is OK fine to introduce a means of killing between 13 and 39 million more because of your political leanings?

So in your book it's okay to kill 20 six and seven your olds because of your political leanings?
Where did these right wing stupid assholes come form?

“The horrific reality is that, in the United States alone, “eco-friendly” wind turbines are killing an estimated 13,000,000 to 39,000,000 birds and bats every year!” - Paul Driessen

These figures may appear to be exaggerated, but in reality what was exaggerated was the minimizing of bird and bat mortality, as Big Wind had managed to own the mortality statistics, enabling their massaging into “acceptable” levels (the 440,000 birds a year often quoted for the US). Indeed, monitoring contracts routinely signed between windfarm operators and ornithologists typically stipulate that reports to be prepared by the latter will be the property of the former. And to make the cover-up airtight, “gag clauses” prohibit hired ornithologists to disclose their findings in any way or form.
Well, all you “Eco-followers should read this. You beg to save the Spotted Owl and Darter Fish but push to have more of these killing machines all over the place. Read more @ The horrific reality

:mad:
This is just a case from a small group of wind turbines in W VA:

[ame=http://youtu.be/3tSW-DDIdnY]Wind Turbines Take Steep Toll On Birds And Bats - YouTube[/ame]

The turbines have become predator heaven for scavengers, whose population, if left unchecked could be harbingers of diseases that humans can get. That is not a good thing.

When we lose a specie, the world loses codependent species. That is not good in the web of life. :(

When we lose a specie, the world loses codependent species. That is not good in the web of life. :(

If you people actually ever showed any concern about the effect of industrial pollution on the environment, I might take your ramblings seriously.

Getting the mills so they kill less birds and bats is an engineering challenge. Doable.

Isn't a bird a lot smaller, and fly much faster than the blades? It seems to me that the birds could see something as big and slow as a wind-turbine blade and just fly off in a different direction. Dumb birds..
I say so what that a few birds are killed. They fall to the ground and become part of nature's food chain.
Other creatures will eat on them and survive because of their sacrifice. Thus there is no loss..

Forum List

Back