The Horns of the GOP Dilemna

Demographic changes in America dictate that the GOP can't win the minority/young/female vote unless they run a minority candidate AND compete with the Democrats in offering all of them something. Which the republicans cannot do unless they abandon their position on lower taxes, less spending, and reducing debt/deficits. It's pretty amazing that the democrats have managed to secure those voters without really doing a damn thing to earn it, but they you are. The repubs will actually have to do something to get competitive, but how do they do that and still maintain some semblance of fiscal responsibility?

I guess the only alternative is wait for the democrats to royally fuck up, worse than they already have the past 4 years, and ride a wave of voter dissatisfaction into office similar to what Obama did in 2008. One wonders though what has to happen to get the voters dissatisfied that much. If they aren't dissatisfied enough now, which they ain't, just how bad is it going to have to get?

Since when is the GOP about less spending? When they had the House, the Senate, and the White House, they spent like drunken sailors.

Two words, shitbird: Tea Party. That's all Romney talked about was less taxes and less spending. Anybody who doubts the GOP is about less spending than the dems are is a fuckin idiot.

The GOP lost because it has become a party of hate. They treat immigrants like a bunch of rapists, illegals, and job stealers when they are in actuality natural born Republicans. Hardworking, deeply religious, and family oriented. The GOP is fucking itself up the ass when it comes to attracting immigrants.

Bullshit. You think we oughta just open the fuckin borders and let the whole fuckin world come in here? How the fuck is the GOP supposed to attract the minority vote?

You say the GOP has to give up its principles to win? And you said that with a straight face?

Fuck you. First of all, reread my post, where does the word 'principle' appear anywhere? Neither parrty has any principles, I never said otherwise. But they do have a position on less spending and less taxes, what the fuck do you think the debt ceiling fiasco was all about?

The GOP long ago gave up its principles. It has become a party of lies, hate, and hypocrisy, overrun with parroting mindless morons.

Sounds a lot more like the democratic party, without scruples or honor.

It's a suicide cult.

Romney lost. Congrats. Lucky for you guys most of the MSM was in the tank for you. We'll see how the next 4 years go, I have every confidence Obama and the Dems will fuck it up.

If Obama was a white guy, he would never have been elected in the first place. An honest liberal would admit that.

Not sure about that, there was a lot of anti-republican sentiment 4 years ago. And McCain did run a really poor campaign, so if the dem nominee was a white guy he still mighta won. I'm pretty sure if Hillary had been the nominee she woulda beat McCain too.

If Obama had been white he would not have been the nominee. Hillary would have been and even though I don't like her, I think she would have been a better choice.

I'd agree with that.

Romney lost. Congrats. Lucky for you guys most of the MSM was in the tank for you. We'll see how the next 4 years go, I have every confidence Obama and the Dems will fuck it up.

Obama will sink himself.

You guys think your racist antics were such a hoot.

Har Har - Self deport.

Hee hee - Born in Kenya.

Ho ho ho - Work as a Janitor in your high school.

Guffaw - Food stamp president.

Chuckle - Free stuff.

You think its so a hoot now?

Today is no different than yesterday.

Just more division, inept leadership, and slow death-spiral suck for America.

I have seen alot of hatred of minorities from Reps on this board.

It's ashame you are so blinded by it.

If you could walk in another persons shoes, you would understand.

We are all God's children. The way we love each other is the way God sees we love Him.

Last edited:
That, or the same people begin to realize that America just won't work as long as they permit the Left to divide us along lines of race, ethnicity and now - sex.

The republican party has been segregating itself along those lines for years. Furthermore the tea party has just exacerbated that segregation. America is becoming more socially open and multicultural, and the republican answer to that is to elect and run people who want to return to the past, tell gay people they need to stay in the closet, pass laws that let police stop someone just for looking Mexican, define being Muslim as a bad thing and so on. The right has no-one to blame but it's self for their ever shrinking political viability.

I have seen alot of hatred of minorities from Reps on this board.

It's ashame you are so blinded by it.

If you could walk in another persons shoes, you would understand.

We are all God's children. The way we love each other is the way we love Him.

Yeah, maybe would could sling crack or put in work with our 9s. And of course talk on our Obama phones!

Nobody wants to perpetuate the welfare culture.

I am willing to help people break out of the welfare trap and not just bitch about it.

If you give someone food, you feed them for a day. If you show them how to grow their own food, you feed them for a lifetime.

I am willing to help people break out of the welfare trap and not just bitch about it.

If you give someone food, you feed them for a day. If you show them how to grow their own food, you feed them for a lifetime.

That is fucking hilarious.

Democrats make a living at it.

Demographic changes in America dictate that the GOP can't win the minority/young/female vote unless they run a minority candidate AND compete with the Democrats in offering all of them something. Which the republicans cannot do unless they abandon their position on lower taxes, less spending, and reducing debt/deficits. It's pretty amazing that the democrats have managed to secure those voters without really doing a damn thing to earn it, but they you are. The repubs will actually have to do something to get competitive, but how do they do that and still maintain some semblance of fiscal responsibility?

I guess the only alternative is wait for the democrats to royally fuck up, worse than they already have the past 4 years, and ride a wave of voter dissatisfaction into office similar to what Obama did in 2008. One wonders though what has to happen to get the voters dissatisfied that much. If they aren't dissatisfied enough now, which they ain't, just how bad is it going to have to get?

How about raising taxes where needed while making reasonable cuts in spending? When you refuse to discuss revenue and say tax increases are off the table but we need to slash spending by $1 trillion per year, well, reasonable people aren't buying it.

Next, trying to find a way to make abortion illegal is a cause that will limit the number of potential voters available. That doesn't mean the Republican Party needs to begin supporting abortion completely. I can tell you this, if anti-abortion/pro-life proponents would drop the no abortion under any circumstance agenda, it would be of great benefit. Why not work on a platform that calls for no abortions after the first trimester but allows it during the first trimester. I realize that goes against what pro-lifers believe, but it would be a way to reduce the number of abortions, with laws limiting the time frame for abortions, and it would attract some who are pro-choice but do believe that after a certain time, that pregnancy does become a viable human being. I'm telling you there is a huge percentage of people who fall into that category, but they support abortion under any circumstance because it ends up being an all or nothing proposition.

It is possible to have conservative ideas for smaller government and less spending and to keep many socially conservative issues alive if everything isn't an all or nothing proposition. The whole problem with conservatives is that everything is an all or nothing proposition. You can't govern that way.

"Running a minority candidate" has jack to do with it. Republicans seem incapable of understanding that, with Democrats, it's not about skin color, ethnicity or gender.

If Obama was a white guy, he would not have been re-elected.

^

money shot

True dat.

In January I'll be 58. My 3rd year trying to find a teaching position after a RIF. After tonight, I'm seriously thinking to go for disability on the hearing, which I could have claimed 15 years ago.

Perhaps now is the time.

"Running a minority candidate" has jack to do with it. Republicans seem incapable of understanding that, with Democrats, it's not about skin color, ethnicity or gender.

you've got to be kidding, divide and conquer is a sine quo non of the dem party and those that won't submit, are bought, or bullied even in the face of their own best interests.

How about raising taxes where needed while making reasonable cuts in spending? When you refuse to discuss revenue and say tax increases are off the table but we need to slash spending by $1 trillion per year, well, reasonable people aren't buying it.

Next, trying to find a way to make abortion illegal is a cause that will limit the number of potential voters available. That doesn't mean the Republican Party needs to begin supporting abortion completely. I can tell you this, if anti-abortion/pro-life proponents would drop the no abortion under any circumstance agenda, it would be of great benefit. Why not work on a platform that calls for no abortions after the first trimester but allows it during the first trimester. I realize that goes against what pro-lifers believe, but it would be a way to reduce the number of abortions, with laws limiting the time frame for abortions, and it would attract some who are pro-choice but do believe that after a certain time, that pregnancy does become a viable human being. I'm telling you there is a huge percentage of people who fall into that category, but they support abortion under any circumstance because it ends up being an all or nothing proposition.

It is possible to have conservative ideas for smaller government and less spending and to keep many socially conservative issues alive if everything isn't an all or nothing proposition. The whole problem with conservatives is that everything is an all or nothing proposition. You can't govern that way.

they did, and obama came back ( to Boehner) for more because he didn't want to be stood up by Reid how had a deal in being with McConnell.....and Boehner said no to the rope a dope.

you've got to be kidding, divide and conquer is a sine quo non of the dem party and those that won't submit, are bought, or bullied even in the face of their own best interests.

The Reps were their own worse enemy with voter suppression aimed at minorities, ie no voting on the last Sunday,picture id and not targeting the worst source of fraud, absenttee ballots that favor the Reps (which doesn't require a picture id).

This really brought out the infuriated minority vote.

And yes, I have never seen so much minority hatred than on this message board from the Reps and yet they blame their on hatred on the Dems.

That is the ultimate definition of paranoid NUTS.

That is fucking hilarious.

Democrats make a living at it.

I actually agree with that.

Have policies that get people off welfare, back to work etc.

But this is a moderate Dem or Rep, point of view.

Are there any moderate, sane Reps on this board?

Stop drinking the rage, delusional cool aid .... dudes! :D

Forum List

Back