The Honeymoon is officially OVER!!

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
When you get liberals of the magnitude of Mort Zuckerman publishing articles like this, well you know the honeymoon is over. The liberals are fleeing the sinking Obama ship in droves.
He's Done Everything Wrong
by Mort Zuckerman

Obama punted on the economy and reversed the fortunes of the Democrats in 365 days.

He’s misjudged the character of the country in his whole approach. There’s the saying, “It’s the economy, stupid.” He didn’t get it. He was determined somehow or other to adopt a whole new agenda. He didn’t address the main issue.

This health-care plan is going to be a fiscal disaster for the country. Most of the country wanted to deal with costs, not expansion of coverage. This is going to raise costs dramatically.

He’s improved America’s image in the world. He absolutely did. But you have to translate that into something. Let me tell you what a major leader said to me recently. “We are convinced,” he said, “that he is not strong enough to confront his enemy. We are concerned,” he said “that he is not strong to support his friends.”

The political leadership of the world is very, very dismayed. He better turn it around. The Democrats are going to get killed in this election. Jesus, looks what’s happening in Massachusetts.

He's Done Everything Wrong - The Daily Beast

I've only copied a small part of an extremely interesting article.

I partially agree. I have no issue with Obama attempting to tackle healthcare reform, as it is directly linked to our economy. It is the manner in which he attempted this, that I take issue with. Buying votes behind closed doors, with shady, sweetheart deals for some states, some senators and the unions is not the change I voted for.

Last edited:
I partially agree. I have no issue with Obama attempting to tackle healthcare reform, as it is directly linkd to our economy. It is the manner in which he attempted this, that I take issue with. Buying votes behind closed doors, with shady, sweetheart deals for some states, some senators and the unions is not the change I voted for.

I think I may have read you wrong VaYank.
I like the idea of healthcare reform. It is much needed. But if back room deals must be made to pass it, then it is certainly not what is best for the people.
I took you for one of those hacks that will agree with any move Obama made regardless of the method, intent or outcome.
Like I said in a post on Wednesday....with Obama at the helm and Pelosi and Reid no longer in total control, we may actually get something worthwhile done.
Now the question is...is Obama an ideologue, or truly for the people.
NOw we will find out for sure. I hope it is the latter.

I caught part of Kavuto yesterday after work and he had Mort on. It was very interesting to listen to Mort. He really thinks the boyking has blown it big time. It was a good listen.

I partially agree. I have no issue with Obama attempting to tackle healthcare reform, as it is directly linkd to our economy. It is the manner in which he attempted this, that I take issue with. Buying votes behind closed doors, with shady, sweetheart deals for some states, some senators and the unions is not the change I voted for.

I like the idea of healthcare reform. It is much needed. But if back room deals must be made to pass it, then it is certainly not what is best for the people.
I took you for one of those hacks that will agree with any move Obama made regardless of the method, intent or outcome.
Like I said in a post on Wednesday....with Obama at the helm and Pelosi and Reid no longer in total control, we may actually get something worthwhile done.

I openly admit that I often come across in a very partisan manner, as I voted for Obama and was willing to give him time to get the things done he campaigned on. Additionally, I remain so disgusted with the GOP and their fervent supporters, that i easily clash with them on this board. However, as stated, Obama lost my respect with his shady backroom deals. The health reform legislation that is currently being floated will not do what he promised on the campaign trail because he and fellow Democrats folded to easily, not only to the GOP but to members of their own party. The sneaky deal he cut with labor unions was the last straw for me.

When was the Honeymoon over in the Bush years..... at the very end?

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
"Please, will the liberals stop complaining -- and the conservatives crowing -- that this is the end of Obama's presidency? Bill Clinton suffered a crushing defeat on health care and a stunning electoral reversal in 1994, and yet still managed to have a very successful presidency."
-- Megan McArdle, Link
Clinton was a fighter and a you can't win a fight without throwing punches.....will Obama pull his balls out of his purse?

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
"Please, will the liberals stop complaining -- and the conservatives crowing -- that this is the end of Obama's presidency? Bill Clinton suffered a crushing defeat on health care and a stunning electoral reversal in 1994, and yet still managed to have a very successful presidency."
-- Megan McArdle, Link
Clinton was a fighter and a you can't win a fight without throwing punches.....will Obama pull his balls out of his purse?

I see you still cant get that word "Bush" out of your posts.
Give it a rest.
Go back to leeching off the security of the Country you continually berate.

The honeymoon may be over, that's true. But that's to be expected. Anyone naive enough to actually expect Obama to perform miracles has had that delusion torn down.

But this in no way is the end of Obama's Presidency. The honeymoon may be over, but the marriage isn't. (To take the metaphor to the next level)

-- Megan McArdle, Link

Give it a rest.

the word Bush still hurts you hacks don't it?:lol:

The honeymoon may be over, that's true. But that's to be expected. Anyone naive enough to actually expect Obama to perform miracles has had that delusion torn down.

But this in no way is the end of Obama's Presidency. The honeymoon may be over, but the marriage isn't. (To take the metaphor to the next level)

Actually, his chances for re-election have increased dramatically now that Pelosi and Reid have lost total control.

I am actually excited to see what he can get done now.

-- Megan McArdle, Link

Give it a rest.

the word Bush still hurts you hacks don't it?:lol:

Us hacks huh.

you are a riot Alice...a regular riot.

Actually, his chances for re-election have increased dramatically now that Pelosi and Reid have lost total control.

I am actually excited to see what he can get done now.

We'll have to see.

Mort who?

Mort Zuckerman
Chairman and founder, Boston Properties Inc.

Mortimer B. Zuckerman is the Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of U.S. News & World Report and is the publisher of the New York Daily News. He is also the founder and Chairman of Boston Properties, Inc.
Mr. Zuckerman is a graduate of McGill University, McGill Law School, The Wharton Graduate School of Business and the Harvard Law School. He is a trustee of Memorial Sloan-Kettering, New York University, the Aspen Institute, the Hole in the Wall Gang Fund, Inc. and the Center for Communications. He is also a member of the J.P. Morgan National Advisory Board, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Washington Institute for Near East Studies and the International Institute of Strategic Studies.

He is a former Associate Professor of City & Regional Planning at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, a former lecturer of City and Regional Planning at Yale, and a past president of the Board of Trustees of the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. Mr. Zuckerman was awarded the Commandeur De L?Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the government of France, received three honorary degrees, the Lifetime Achievement Award from Guild Hall and the Gold Medal from the American Institute of Architecture in New York.

Source: http://www.bostonproperties.com

http://www.bostonproperties.com

I partially agree. I have no issue with Obama attempting to tackle healthcare reform, as it is directly linked to our economy. It is the manner in which he attempted this, that I take issue with. Buying votes behind closed doors, with shady, sweetheart deals for some states, some senators and the unions is not the change I voted for.

That's the Chicago way. Should not be a surprise to any of us. The trouble is not that he told us the truth and we didn't listen. The problem is that he lied and we gave him a pass in spite of all of the evidence to expose the lies.

The Mass. election must have been like a 2x4 up 'long side the head.

Contrary to the belief of our leader, we are a great country and a great people. We can probably make it through this.

The people of this country for the most part believe that the problems in the country eminate from Washington. The Big 0 believes that the problems in Washington originate from the country. At least we can all agree that there are problems.

Wow!

When the Germans invaded Russia to eventually lose the war outside of Stalingrad and Moscow, Stalin had just purged the military and gave orders to not mount an organized resistance to the invasion. Hundreds of thousands were killed or starved as the Nazis advanced and pillaged the country side.

Stalin recieved the news of what was occurring and was told that the new elite of the military was coming to his quarters. They asked him to help martial a defense and lead them agains the Nazis.

Stalin was both surprised and relieved. He thought they were coming to kill him. He said that in their place, he would have.

Stalin had entered into an ill advised alliance, decpitated his military in time of war, ordered thousands to their death as the invasion started, ignored his own intelligence that warned an invasion would occur after the border build up turned a shakey situation into a disaster.

After all of this, he was sought out lead.

Why does this sound so familiar in light of your comments above?

I openly admit that I often come across in a very partisan manner, as I voted for Obama and was willing to give him time to get the things done he campaigned on. Additionally, I remain so disgusted with the GOP and their fervent supporters, that i easily clash with them on this board. However, as stated, Obama lost my respect with his shady backroom deals. The health reform legislation that is currently being floated will not do what he promised on the campaign trail because he and fellow Democrats folded to easily, not only to the GOP but to members of their own party. The sneaky deal he cut with labor unions was the last straw for me.

This was the same deal that was discussed during House negotiations, but was eventually discarded in summertime due to it being so utterly corrupt that not even poiticians could stomach it.

This is akin to gagging a maggot.

When it rose again, as everyone who could breathe knew it would, it was both predictable and more evidence, as if any was needed, that these guys are criminals.

Chicago style politics. You were warned. You ignored. That's life.

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
-- Megan McArdle, Link

A purse? I KNEW it!

Forum List

Back