The Hon Ron Paul knocks the airport police state down a notch.

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
TSA Changes Rules On Airport Searches ... Very Quietly

Thu, 12 Nov '09
Searches Must Be Related To Airline Safety

TSA has changed two rules about airport searches after an aide to Congressman Ron Paul recorded an incident on his iPhone. The rules changes have prompted the ACLU to drop legal action against TSA on behalf of Steve Bierfeldt.

Bierfeldt was detained in March while attempting to board a plane at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport carrying $4,700 in cash. TSA agents spent half an hour questioning him about why he was carrying so much cash, and Bierfeldt recorded the exchange on his iPhone.

Bierfeldt is the director of development for 'Campaign for Liberty', a group formed by Congressman Ron Paul's after his failed presidential bid. Bierfeldt attempted to send a metal box with the cash and checks through a metal detector at the airport, precipitating the confrontation.

The Washington Times reports that Bierfeldt questioned under what authority TSA detained him for carrying the cash. At one point, a TSA officer asked Bierfeldt "Are you from this planet?" and accused him of acting like a child for questioning his authority.

TSA spokeswoman Lauren Gaches said the new "internal directives" stipulate that TSA may not question why someone is carrying large amounts of cash through the airport. The new rules say "screening may not be conducted to detect evidence of crimes unrelated to transportation security" and that large amounts of cash do not comprise a threat to an airliner. The second directive says "traveling with large amounts of cash is not illegal." However, TSA said it would not release copies of the directives without a Freedom of Information request.

The ACLU had filed the suit on behalf of Bierfeldt because "We had been hearing of so many reports of TSA screeners engaging in wide-ranging fishing expeditions for illegal activities," Ben Wizner, a staff lawyer for the ACLU, told the paper. The new rules do not, however affect a situation where a TSA agent might come across illegal drugs, for instance, during the course of a routine screening."..

.:clap2:

Not really Ron Paul, but someone working for his organization the Campaign for Liberty. This is a very good thing.

The screeners mightily enjoy "fishing" for evidence.. Considering the fact that this is done all the freakking time, by many LEOs, this change of heart by the TSA is a great step toward reclaiming our freedoms. Everyone should start putting their video phones to good use!!

I might start recording statements made by LEOs myself. Hey why not. I don't think it is illegal here.. Guess I better check first, though, lol..

The screeners mightily enjoy "fishing" for evidence.. Considering the fact that this is done all the freakking time, by many LEOs, this change of heart by the TSA is a great step toward reclaiming our freedoms. Everyone should start putting their video phones to good use!!

I might start recording statements made by LEOs myself. Hey why not. I don't think it is illegal here.. Guess I better check first, though, lol..

One might think an aspiring JD might already know the law on such an issue in thier home state. :razz: Just giving you are a hard time.

This is a great step in the right direction. Awesome!!!

The SPLC/ADL crowd had just gotten the Missouri State Police or something to declare that "right wingers" were terrorists in some report a few days earlier. These cops had probably dutifully read up on it, saw a Ron Paul guy and decided to fuck with him.

I can guarantee you that the cops would not fuck with a Muslim, ACORNERS, Obama supporters, etc. Too fearful of a lawsuit.

I think rightwing people need to fuck with the system more by filing lawsuits. It's a good way to screw with the regime. Lefties have pretty much mastered it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back