The Hollow Empire

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
When was the last time we won a war?

While no one was looking, the US lost the war in Afghanistan. The announcement that joint operations involving US/NATO forces and Afghan military and police personnel will cease — “temporarily” — went down with a whimper, not a bang. Since the whole purpose of our continued presence in that country is supposedly to train the forces of Afghan “President” Hamid Karzai, the entire rationale for the war just fell apart, and isn’t it funny — as in funny-weird, rather than funny-ha-ha — that nobody noticed?

Well, not really: we’re in campaign mode, and neither major party presidential candidate is much interested in the subject of a war we’ve been fighting for over a decade, at a cost measured in the trillions (aside from the incalculable human misery). Mitt Romney is mum, and the President has more important matters to consider. Since Romney’s foreign policy team favors a policy rejected by the overwhelming majority of the American people, it’s no wonder their candidate has little to say about it. As for Obama: remember when he and his platoon of “national security Democrats” were telling us Afghanistan was the “good war”? Now that its goodness seems to have dissipated with voters, the administration would rather not remind Americans how much Obama deepened that particular quagmire.

The Hollow Empire by Justin Raimondo -- Antiwar.com

This is one of those instances where cognitive dissonance between the "right" and "left" versions of the federal government party will play out to the fullest extent.

"Obama is saving the world and can do no wrong. it's Bush fault."

"Romney will save the world, if we get Obama out. And those ME people deserve a good bombing."

This is one of those instances where cognitive dissonance between the "right" and "left" versions of the federal government party will play out to the fullest extent.

"Obama is saving the world and can do no wrong. it's Bush fault."

"Romney will save the world, if we get Obama out. And those ME people deserve a good bombing."

Agreed...and people stupidly think there is a great difference between the two parties and they are soooooooooooooooo partisan nothing can get done.....oh my my my.....

One is communist and the other progressive. Not much difference really.

Leftism rules the day...and its horrific consequences are evident and taking us over the cliff.

Forum List

Back