The Hobbit: An unexpected Journey

I'll likely rent it when it becomes available. Movies are $10 and that's not including snacks which are an additional $5-10. Just not worth it to me.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna see it. I saw all the LOTR when they came out, I'll see this too. In the theatre is the way to go with movies like this.

No way! My wife and I saw Lord of the Rings thinking it would be epic, instead I fell asleep three times!

I love Science Fiction but I'm just not thrilled about any of that Fantasy stuff.

WARNING:

‘The Hobbit’ may cause motion sickness

Some footage of the 3D film's high frame rate (HFR) was previewed at CinemaCon over the summer to mixed response -- many complaining that the extreme sharpness of the images takes away from film's historic beauty.

we went to this yesterday....i never read the hobbit.....the movie was good.....we saw it in 3d ....i think it was better that way...the scenery is worth the movie...riverdale is just grand....

now hubby's eyes were bothering him as soon as we left...i had to drive...no one in their right mind lets me drive after dark...simple as that....so it really messed with his eyes....

for the two of us...it was 23 bucks ...rather pricey...and the small popcorn with coupon was 2 bucks...

i was shocked at the violence but hubby said it was to the book....except that hobbits in the book were small animals and didnt look like humans....he went on about that for a while...

I picture a fairly human figure, not a kind of 'fairy' rabbit as some of my British reviewers seem to fancy: fattish in the stomach, shortish in the leg. A round, jovial face; ears only slightly pointed and 'elvish'; hair short and curling (brown). The feet from the ankles down, covered with brown hairy fur. Clothing: green velvet breeches; red or yellow waistcoat; brown or green jacket; gold (or brass) buttons; a dark green hood and cloak (belonging to a dwarf).[10]

the man himself...this is from a private letter not the book....

Hobbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They should've added the "Humans" to the movie.
All this Hobbit, Dwarf, Elves stuff didn't excite me to be part of this Hobbit's journey.
Unlike LOTR there's no pleasant anticipation of the next part.
It was also "too funny", but the humour in the movie is not really to my taste (guessing game between Hobbit and Gollum was just stupid).

An original illustration of Bilbo Baggins for the book 1937

click on the picture for the large image.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back