The Himalayas and nearby peaks have lost no ice in past 10 years

What percent of Earth ice is Arctic Sea Ice?

An idiotic and completely meaningless question that has nothing to do with the very real consequences of the loss of Arctic ice.....a question that only reveals what an ignorant retard you are, LaDumbshit.
what is the consequence of losing Arctic ice. And why would we lose it? Are you saying in the winter ice won't ever form there? Really? dude, your political speech is lame.

post: 14738191, member: 46512"]what is the consequence of losing Arctic (Sea) ice

Arctic Sea Ice cools water, reflects sunlight. Losing it warms the climate a bit. But the Arctic is actually gaining ice while losing sea ice... because Greenland continues to manufacture an annual ice core. Eventually, as the Arctic Ocean grows, NA moves SW, and Russia also moves away from the pole, just Greenland will be left, and the sea ice will coalesce around Greenland and start growing again

http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...loss-accelerates-110-year-old-record-reveals/

Thousands of black-and-white aerial photographs of Greenland taken between 1978 and 1987 are helping scientists reconstruct a 110-year-long record of ice loss in this region.

A new study published in Nature yesterday that used the photographs found that the Greenland ice sheet lost about 9,000 gigatons of ice between 1900 and 2010 and that the rate has accelerated in recent years. The reduction in the ice mass has contributed to global average sea-level rise of 25 millimeters.

The results are consistent with other estimates, but this is the first time scientists have used actual observations from this far back in time rather than relying on model-generated estimates. “We have observation-based estimates that is new and super important,” emphasized Kristian Kjellerup Kjeldsen, the lead author of the study at the Natural History Museum of Denmark.

LaDumkopf, you are truly the dumbest dumb fuck of all the dumb fucks here.

Meanwhile, while idiots parrot fudge and lies, Greenland continues to manufacture its ice core...

Study reveals the inconvenient truth about Greenland’s ice sheet — It’s thickening!

"Greenland’s ice sheet is thickening,"

because it manufactures its annual ice core. You'd have to really be a sub human argument for a eugenics experiment to claim an ice age is "melting" when, in fact, it is continuing to manufacture an annual ice core...

Meanwhile, while idiots parrot fudge and lies, Greenland continues to manufacture its ice core...

That study spoke of millenium-level trends. I mean, duh. Ice age, more snow in Greenland, more glacier movement.

Your pretended it spoke of recent years.

You lied your ass off again. It's what you do, every time. You're just a staggeringly dishonest piece of shit.

Study reveals the inconvenient truth about Greenland’s ice sheet — It’s thickening!

because it manufactures its annual ice core. You'd have to really be a sub human argument for a eugenics experiment to claim an ice age is "melting" when, in fact, it is continuing to manufacture an annual ice core...

Southern Greenland has seen lots of thickening because of increased snowfall, according to researchers, but that’s not the cause of thickening for other parts of the ice sheet where snowfall isn’t increasing.

“But that didn’t explain what was happening elsewhere in Greenland, particularly the northwest, where there isn’t as much snowfall, so the stiffening effect isn’t as important,” said MacGregor, adding that the northwest is getting thicker because of the collapse of an ice bridge 10,000 years ago.

Despite their findings of Greenland’s slower ice flow, the researchers claim this doesn’t “change the fact that the ice sheet is losing mass overall and contributing to sea level rise,” according to the study’s press release.

So, they also state that the ice cap is losing mass and contributing to sea level rise. Looks like you didn't bother to read the article.

Any ice loss in the Himalayas is due to aldebo from the soot of a newly industrialized China

I ask again: how do you know this Frank?

My friends peer reviewed it.

We have consensus

science = settled

So you haven't got shite. Got it.

I think it would be an excellent policy - for all sides - that when an OP is thoroughly demonstrated to be false, the thread be eliminated. It would save much wasted time and remove many of the playgrounds that have devolve into nothing but dog pits for bullshit and insults.

Any ice loss in the Himalayas is due to aldebo from the soot of a newly industrialized China

I ask again: how do you know this Frank?

My friends peer reviewed it.

We have consensus

science = settled

So you haven't got shite. Got it.

I think it would be an excellent policy - for all sides - that when an OP is thoroughly demonstrated to be false, the thread be eliminated. It would save much wasted time and remove many of the playgrounds that have devolve into nothing but dog pits for bullshit and insults.

My friends and I peer reviewed the idea, we have consensus and the science is settled

Southern Greenland has seen lots of thickening because of increased snowfall, according to researchers, but that’s not the cause of thickening for other parts of the ice sheet where snowfall isn’t increasing.

“But that didn’t explain what was happening elsewhere in Greenland, particularly the northwest, where there isn’t as much snowfall, so the stiffening effect isn’t as important,” said MacGregor, adding that the northwest is getting thicker because of the collapse of an ice bridge 10,000 years ago.

Despite their findings of Greenland’s slower ice flow, the researchers claim this doesn’t “change the fact that the ice sheet is losing mass overall and contributing to sea level rise,” according to the study’s press release.

So, they also state that the ice cap is losing mass and contributing to sea level rise. Looks like you didn't bother to read the article.
it doesn't get any better than this right ^^^^^here. ^^^^^^^^^^

Anyone who claims Greenland or Antarctica is/are "melting" doesn't understand anything about climate, glaciers, or ice ages...

So much fake stuff on this thead from the global warming alarmists..........used to seeing it in this forum but this thread is particularly epic.

What a bunch of phonies........shit is not even debatable. For Christsakes, they are actually posting up before/after photos that are almost exactly the same..........this is where the modern progressive has gotten to. They'll post up two pictures that are exactly alike and calmly tell you there is an enormous difference.........mind fuckery........and we' are supposed to find common ground with these pos's on all these issues???

Not happening s0ns, like ever..............heading for choosing us sides and for me, it cant come fast enough...........:coffee::rock::rock::rock:

Forum List

Back