The hills are alive with the sound of music

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c99lGD4o7FI&feature=grec_index]YouTube - Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot - Daytime - October 2009[/ame]

The Sound of Music" is the title song from The Sound of Music, composed by Richard Rodgers to lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II. It was originally sung by Mary Martin in the 1959 stage musical of the same name. It was sung by Julie Andrews in the 1965 film, with a reprise by the Von Trapp family later in the film. The song introduces the character Maria, a young novice in an Austrian abbey.
The song was ranked tenth in the American Film Institute's list of the 100 Greatest Songs in Movie History.
The stage version of the song has a four-line vocal prelude ("My day in the hills has come to an end I know...) followed by the familiar "The hills are alive with the sound of music..." The film soundtrack and the soundtrack album have two different instrumental preludes to "The hills are alive..." both of which contain portions of the original vocal prelude. The cast album to the 1998 Broadway revival contains the four-line prelude as well as the instrumental prelude present in the film version. This version is also the same key as the film version.
In 2007, Grammy-winning and multi-platinum country recording artist Carrie Underwood sang a rendition at the Movies Rock festival.
This song is referenced many times in the film Moulin Rouge!, and the well known verse "the hills are alive with the sound of music" also appears in the movie "Yellow submarine".
Australian pop princess Kylie Minogue performed the opening lines at the beginning of her KylieFever2002 Tour and in the film Moulin Rouge!.KylieFever2002.
The Julie Andrews recording from the film features in the film Addams Family Values (1993).
Renee Zellweger performs the song in Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (2004).
Per Gessle played this song as an opening for his European solo tour The Party Crasher.
JLS sample the song on their 2010 single "The Club Is Alive".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sound_of_Music

^^^^

We got a spam spill on Isle 3!

Mods! Clean up on Isle 3!

How is this thread spam? It's just a fun thread with the sound of music.:lol:

Not the thread... the post above mine. It's a cut and paste - the dude is wandering around the board pasting crap everywhere... I suspect he's just here cuz he thinks we'll click on his stupid "University" in his sig.

^^^^

We got a spam spill on Isle 3!

Mods! Clean up on Isle 3!

Not the thread... the post above mine. It's a cut and paste - the dude is wandering around the board pasting crap everywhere... I suspect he's just here cuz he thinks we'll click on his stupid "University" in his sig.

OH so that was what those little ^^^^ was for:lol:

OH so that was what those little ^^^^ was for:lol:

Yep. He's doin' the same thing around the board. I'm thinking we should spam his 'University'... we could flood them with requests for brochures. :lol::lol:

Forum List

Back