The "Hillary Rosen" Standard

We were talking about Hillary Rosen's comments in another thread when the following exchange ensued

Does she not have a valid point in that Romney holds his wife up as telling him about women caring about the economy while she herself has never been a part of looking/having a job in that economy?

Why isn't Romney speaking straight out for himself instead of holding up his wife as "advising him" on an issue she has no experience in except...except....she's female. She is commenting on Romney getting advise on an issue from a person how has no experience in that issue.

BTW, I like how Hilary Rosen makes the point that this "War on Women" is purely a Right wing construct.

Do you have to smash your thumb with a hammer to realize that doing so would hurt? By your argument, No one that hasn't personally dealt with a specific situation is qualified to offer advice about that situation. Given that premise, Obama has NEVER run a business so why should anyone consider his opinion on business or economic matters credible?

Which led me to the "Hillary Rosen" standard. Basically she is saying that those with "no experience have no business advising" on issues they have no experience in.

So who is unqualified to do their current job under Hillary Rosen's standard. I'll provide 3, you guys provide some more.....they don't have to be party specific as there are plenty of politicians, in fact almost all of them, on both sides that do not qualify under her "standards"

1) Obama is NOT QUALIFIED to talk about the conservatives because he has been a liberal his whole life.
2) Nancy Pelosi is NOT QUALIFIED to talk about issues affecting the poor/middle class because she has lived the rich lifestyle her whole life
3) Harry Reid is NOT QUALIFIED to talk about christian issues because he has been a mormon his whole life

We are all qualified to talk about conservatives because their policies have been so disastrous since Reagan. Because of the damage they've done to the economy, the nation and the terrible failure that is Iraq, we are all affected by what they've done. Thank God Obama has been fixing as much of their mess as he can with them fighting every step of the way. Just the fact he got Bin Laden when they let him go. See what happens when Republicans can't stop Obama? You know they would have if they could have.

We were talking about Hillary Rosen's comments in another thread when the following exchange ensued

Do you have to smash your thumb with a hammer to realize that doing so would hurt? By your argument, No one that hasn't personally dealt with a specific situation is qualified to offer advice about that situation. Given that premise, Obama has NEVER run a business so why should anyone consider his opinion on business or economic matters credible?

Which led me to the "Hillary Rosen" standard. Basically she is saying that those with "no experience have no business advising" on issues they have no experience in.

So who is unqualified to do their current job under Hillary Rosen's standard. I'll provide 3, you guys provide some more.....they don't have to be party specific as there are plenty of politicians, in fact almost all of them, on both sides that do not qualify under her "standards"

1) Obama is NOT QUALIFIED to talk about the conservatives because he has been a liberal his whole life.
2) Nancy Pelosi is NOT QUALIFIED to talk about issues affecting the poor/middle class because she has lived the rich lifestyle her whole life
3) Harry Reid is NOT QUALIFIED to talk about christian issues because he has been a mormon his whole life

We are all qualified to talk about conservatives because their policies have been so disastrous since Reagan. Because of the damage they've done to the economy, the nation and the terrible failure that is Iraq, we are all affected by what they've done. Thank God Obama has been fixing as much of their mess as he can with them fighting every step of the way. Just the fact he got Bin Laden when they let him go. See what happens when Republicans can't stop Obama? You know they would have if they could have.

Sorry you aren't a navy seal so you can't talk about getting Bin-Laden according to the "Rosen" standard :lol:

Can't talk about regan's conservative policies either being a liberal and all, you have no position to speak from according to Rosen

is it starting to sink in yet just how stupid and wrong Rosen's statements about Romney were?

She was just gruging up what Obama and the DNC told her to say.

When it backfired, they left her to hang.

You just have to know someone from the WH "made the call" and giuded her through a way
to fix this.This lady made a huge mistake in going after the wife of a candidate. :cuckoo:
Yeah cause nobody has ever gone after Michelle.....:cuckoo:

Taking 2) to its logical conclusion, the OP should also agree that Mitt Romney (and his wife) are also NOT QUALIFIED to talk about issues affecting the poor/middle class as a presidental candidate because he has lived the rich lifestyle his whole life.

In fact, Romney is NOT QUALIFIED to talk to about 99.999% of the American electorate - but he is QUALIFIED to talk to the ones who have $180 - $250 million in assets, have given another $70 - $100 million to their children/grandchildren, own 3 mansions (homes) and earn about $21 million a year from investment income.

Hillary Rosen already proved that Romney can't speak on women's issues because he is a man and Mrs. Romney can't because she is "only" a stay at home mom.

The Obama's are multi-millionaires just like the Romneys so neither is qualified.

Did you not read where I said it can be applied to almost any politician on both sides of the political aisle? Its right there in your quote of me!

There's a huge difference between Obama's net worth and Romney's. Obama probably has around 11 million..

Romney? Over 300 million..but that's not even really known. He's got a alot of "foreign" (aka secret) "investments".

11 million........part of the 99%. Just a common man. Poor guy. How does he makes ends meet?

Hillary Rosen already proved that Romney can't speak on women's issues because he is a man and Mrs. Romney can't because she is "only" a stay at home mom.

The Obama's are multi-millionaires just like the Romneys so neither is qualified.

Did you not read where I said it can be applied to almost any politician on both sides of the political aisle? Its right there in your quote of me!

There's a huge difference between Obama's net worth and Romney's. Obama probably has around 11 million..

Romney? Over 300 million..but that's not even really known. He's got a alot of "foreign" (aka secret) "investments".

11 million........part of the 99%. Just a common man. Poor guy. How does he makes ends meet?

I always got a chuckle at that hypocricy.

Does she not have a valid point in that Romney holds his wife up as telling him about women caring about the economy while she herself has never been a part of looking/having a job in that economy?

Why isn't Romney speaking straight out for himself instead of holding up his wife as "advising him" on an issue she has no experience in except...except....she's female. She is commenting on Romney getting advise on an issue from a person how has no experience in that issue.

BTW, I like how Hilary Rosen makes the point that this "War on Women" is purely a Right wing construct.

Did Obama ever held a private sector job, or was it all about "community organizing" and being a "constitutional lawyer"? Either way, I would never tell Rosen how to live her life, it would be wonderful if she is minding her own business now and then instead of picking on other women:)

Obama signed the Lilly Ledbetter act into law. Pretty good for someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

Yep, amazing talent.. actually picked up a pen and signed his own name...

You might try raising the bar just a bit...

Obama signed the Lilly Ledbetter act into law. Pretty good for someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

Yep, amazing talent.. actually picked up a pen and signed his own name...

You might try raising the bar just a bit...

:lol: I wasn't going to go there on him :tongue:

Did Obama ever held a private sector job, or was it all about "community organizing" and being a "constitutional lawyer"? Either way, I would never tell Rosen how to live her life, it would be wonderful if she is minding her own business now and then instead of picking on other women:)

If Obama ever held a job at a for profit company, I can't find reference of it. Under this standard, he's not qualified to speak to issues involving companies that intend to make a profit. He also shouldn't speak to business taxes as non profits don't pay them. Damn... there isn't much he CAN speak to is there?

Last edited:

If Obama ever held a job at a for profit company, I can't find reference of it. Under this standard, he he's not qualified to speak to issues involving companies that intend to make a profit. He also shouldn't speak to business taxes as non profits don't pay them. Damn... there isn't much he CAN speak to is there?

well now this LONG (and not work friendly language) video makes more sense....it is really worth the 6 minutes to at least listen to if you want to listen while your browsing the forums.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsZpWej8pF4]I Don't Understand with Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back