The Heritage foundations view on health care some good and bad ideas. Great article!!

While the President and his congressional allies insist that they are not proposing a federal govern*ment "takeover" of health care, the facts are indis*putable. The leading bills would transfer regulatory control of health insurance to the federal govern*ment, and would crush state innovation and exper*imentation. The leading bills would impose federal mandates on individuals and employers to buy and offer federally approved packages of health care benefits. The leading bills would expand govern*ment-run health programs, or create a new govern*ment-run health plan to "compete" directly against private health insurance for the purpose of eroding it. The leading bills would impose new taxes on middle-class Americans and would, in their current form, add to the large and growing federal debt.

There is something even more disturbing that is becoming evident: hubris. In the face of mount*ing public apprehension and opposition to these schemes, Members of Congress are intent on having their way with the health care of 300 million Amer*icans, regardless of their wishes in the matter:clap2::clap2:

I am not going to read your article as it is funded by the insurance companies and therefore biased.. Much like your post..

I will start with your post however?? What is wrong with our government haveing regulatory oversight of insurance companies?
Do you think that the people of this nation are treated fairly? Someone beind denied coverage because as a teenager they had acne and it is deemed a pre-existing condition.. Is that right? As for the rest of your post? You are talking nonsense! You haven't a clue what you are talking about and I wouldn't doubt it if you were a paid hack by Cigna or United health care or some other outfit.. Medicare has worked well for decades!! Is that a government take over?? I don't hear many seniors complaining about the issues you are raising? Did you even read the bill?? I doubt you have!!

If you want to have a serious debate about this issue.. Can you at least stick to the facts and not the talking points, scare tactics and lies that we get from the insurance companies..

I guarantee you that the CEO of United health Care is terrified of losing his cushy job killing americans and getting paid for it.. Why on earth would want to even argue against the people of this nation for the insurance companies?? Are you stupid or willfully ignorant?

BTW- I am no fan of large insurance companies but there are ways to get reform that do not involve a take over of 6% of our economy by a bunch of politicians who have a resume that has BANKRUPTED- Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the Postal Service, Frannie and Freddie.

Why not legislate-
1. Tort Reform.
2. High deductible catastrophic plans.
3. Health savings plans with pre-tax dollars.
4. Group small business.
5. Open competition.
6. Eliminate pre-exisiting clauses.
7. Make it mandatory that people who can afford insurance purchase a policy, it is estimated that 15 million Americans can afford insurance but choose not to, they end up in our emergency rooms and the rest of us get to pay. Subsidize the poor.
8. Legislate that insurance is portable.

This all can be done through legislation, we don't need or want a national take over of 6% of our economy.

"A government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

You arguement about wanting the government to take over 6% of our economy is pretty much a moot issue.. Who do you think prints our money? Disney land? How much of our economy is based on the military? You are worried about the government having control of the our medical care?? Look at it this way! If I don't like what the government does I can fire them and put people in there to do what needs to be done.. Kinda like what has happened to republicans over the last few elections.. Why on earth would I want 6% of our economy to be run by some greedy SOB that makes a thosand times more than the average american.. Why would I want insurance companies that do nothing but look for reasons to deny payment instead of helping people which they are paid do to do?? As far as I am concerned.. We pay our premiums and we are paying for a service.. They shouldn't have the option to not pay or drop coverage.. That would be like you going to McDonalds and ordering a big mac, paying for it and they decide they don't want to give it to and you have no legal recourse.. Think about that for a minute..

Your arguement in it's entirety is flawed and and biased! Your darn right I want our government to handle my heathcare!! At least then some moron isn't getting rich off of killing americans.. On that note alone! Government healthcare is a must!!

I want you to explain why people are denied for pre-existing conditions? Why has that been the norm for decades? And why you are against changing it? Because if you don't regulate and strong arm the insurance industry, they won't change.. They have no reason to.. They are raking in the billions and providing nothing in return..

Here is something else you can chomp on.. Why are conservatives for the public option when it comes to Floof insurance? My belongings can have public option but my health can't? Explain that one? Another one to chomp on.. Insurance companies sell flood insurance but the policy is written by FEMA.. 50% of the premiums stay with the insurance companies with no exposure what so ever.. Just for selling the policy they get 50%.. That comes out to be about 40 billion a year for doing absolutely nothing and no obligation to do anything.. Talk about robbing the people of this nation.. You explain that one..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back