The heresy of heresies was common sense.

Madacapa

Rookie
Apr 4, 2006
George Orwell “1984”:

"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common sense. And what was terrifying was not that they would kill you for thinking otherwise, but that they might be right. For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable what then?"

As far as I am concerned, this quote from Orwell could be about the Bush Administration. The War in Iraq...tax cuts...Hurricane Katrina...it goes on and on. I do not see any common sense in the leaders of our government. That is why the Democrats will win big in 2006 and 2008. We need a change...damn it... :bang3:

Tax cuts are a winning issue. Who wants their taxes raised?

Katrina, there is enough blame to go around for everyone. Who had authority over these busses?
busses_hurricane_katrina_fl.jpg

A lossing issue for everyone so it won't be politicized much this election.

Iraq will be politicized this election cycle and we see which side comes out on top.

Madacapa said:
George Orwell “1984”:

"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common sense. And what was terrifying was not that they would kill you for thinking otherwise, but that they might be right. For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable what then?"

As far as I am concerned, this quote from Orwell could be about the Bush Administration. The War in Iraq...tax cuts...Hurricane Katrina...it goes on and on. I do not see any common sense in the leaders of our government. That is why the Democrats will win big in 2006 and 2008. We need a change...damn it... :bang3:

What are you talking about? all of those moves were common sense to a fault.

How do you expand the economy? By putting more money in the hands of the people. Tax cuts. common sense. People shouldnt have to pay a third of their yearly income to the government. Heck God doesnt even ask that much and atleast God's cut is voluntary.

The war in iraq - Common sense on so many levels. First, 911. it demanded a change to our foreign policy against terrorism. Instead of waiting for terrorists to attack us we need to go out and stop them and the regimes that support them.

That is why we invaded Aghanistan. That is also why we invaded Iraq. Saddam supported terrorism. There is no dispute on that. We either had two choices. 1) we could do nothing, wait for Terrorist to attack again and of course die. 2) we could go out and stop them. Take the war to them. Which response makes more sense?

Second, strategically Iraq is probably the best place we could have gone to next. We now have Iran squeezed between Aghanistan and Iraq. We have Syria squeezed between Iraq and Israel. We could easily strike against any government that supports terror a heck of alot better.

In addition to the clear military strategery to Iraq, we have the added fact that establishing a Free government in the center of the Middle East will be key to bringing freedom to the entire reach. People will see the power of freedom and their neighbors will yearn for it themselves.

What exactly isn't common sense about this? Heck we should have taken out Saddam back in 91. It would have been alot more humane than leaving those people under his control for so long.

As for Hurricane Katrina, where was the common sense of the people who refused to leave? The federal government cant force you to leave. In fact, it has no power to. The federal government can't do anything unless the state officials ask for federal assistance. And in all honestly im not sure they should be constitutionally allowed to do that since the constitution does not authorize the federal government to do any sort of federal relief except maybe tax relief.

I want to know where the common sense is in thinking it an intelligent idea to penalize people for working harder and making more money by taking it away from them. I want to know where the common sense is in thinking that if we don't do anything the terrorists will go away. I want to know where the common sense is in undermining national security at every turn.

What are you talking about? all of those moves were common sense to a fault.

How do you expand the economy? By putting more money in the hands of the people. Tax cuts. common sense. People shouldnt have to pay a third of their yearly income to the government. Heck God doesnt even ask that much and atleast God's cut is voluntary.

The war in iraq - Common sense on so many levels. First, 911. it demanded a change to our foreign policy against terrorism. Instead of waiting for terrorists to attack us we need to go out and stop them and the regimes that support them.

That is why we invaded Aghanistan. That is also why we invaded Iraq. Saddam supported terrorism. There is no dispute on that. We either had two choices. 1) we could do nothing, wait for Terrorist to attack again and of course die. 2) we could go out and stop them. Take the war to them. Which response makes more sense?

Second, strategically Iraq is probably the best place we could have gone to next. We now have Iran squeezed between Aghanistan and Iraq. We have Syria squeezed between Iraq and Israel. We could easily strike against any government that supports terror a heck of alot better.

In addition to the clear military strategery to Iraq, we have the added fact that establishing a Free government in the center of the Middle East will be key to bringing freedom to the entire reach. People will see the power of freedom and their neighbors will yearn for it themselves.

What exactly isn't common sense about this? Heck we should have taken out Saddam back in 91. It would have been alot more humane than leaving those people under his control for so long.

As for Hurricane Katrina, where was the common sense of the people who refused to leave? The federal government cant force you to leave. In fact, it has no power to. The federal government can't do anything unless the state officials ask for federal assistance. And in all honestly im not sure they should be constitutionally allowed to do that since the constitution does not authorize the federal government to do any sort of federal relief except maybe tax relief.

I want to know where the common sense is in thinking it an intelligent idea to penalize people for working harder and making more money by taking it away from them. I want to know where the common sense is in thinking that if we don't do anything the terrorists will go away. I want to know where the common sense is in undermining national security at every turn.

This reply will be brief, because I am in a hurry. You sound like someone who believes in God, so I would have to assume that He (or She) is not on the side of the GOP. In my opinion, their leadership is out of touch with the will of the people, and they are completely corrupt.

Whether you like it or not, the Democrats represent what the MAJORITY of Americans believes: pro choice, pro death penalty, pro civil unions for gays, anti-Iraq War, etc. The Republicans represent that the MINORITY of Americans believe. Yes, in some areas they are the clear majority, but overall they are the MINORITY.

More later... :rock:

Madacapa said:
This reply will be brief, because I am in a hurry. You sound like someone who believes in God, so I would have to assume that He (or She) is not on the side of the GOP. In my opinion, their leadership is out of touch with the will of the people, and they are completely corrupt.

Whether you like it or not, the Democrats represent what the MAJORITY of Americans believes: pro choice, pro death penalty, pro civil unions for gays, anti-Iraq War, etc. The Republicans represent that the MINORITY of Americans believe. Yes, in some areas they are the clear majority, but overall they are the MINORITY.

More later... :rock:

Put down the..... :alco: :bong420:

Madacapa said:
Whether you like it or not, the Democrats represent what the MAJORITY of Americans believes: pro choice, pro death penalty, pro civil unions for gays, anti-Iraq War, etc.

Ahhhh. So THAT'S why they keep losing elections.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Madacapa said:
The Republicans represent that the MINORITY of Americans believe. Yes, in some areas they are the clear majority, but overall they are the MINORITY.

Hmmmm really, lets look at a county by county result of the 2004 Presidential election.

red_vs_blue_county_2004.jpg

Madacapa said:
George Orwell “1984”:

I"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common sense. And what was terrifying was not that they would kill you for thinking otherwise, but that they might be right. For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable what then?"

As far as I am concerned, this quote from Orwell could be about the Bush Administration.
The War in Iraq...tax cuts...Hurricane Katrina...it goes on and on. I do not see any common sense in the leaders of our government. That is why the Democrats will win big in 2006 and 2008. We need a change...damn it... :bang3:

As far as you're concerned, then, two and two DO make five - for you have managed to completely miss the point of "1984". Try reading it with your head out of your ass.

I am going to be laughing all the way to the bank, as they say, in 2006 and 2008. That map is going to change. Its going to be mostly blue. The Democrats will retake the Congress in 2006 and the presidency in 2008. That is a fact and you Red's cannot change that. Its time for a change...

:dance:

Madacapa said:

LAUGHING MY FUCKING ASS OFF!!!

That's the most stupid thing I've read online in quite some time. It's like you are in Bizarro world where everything is BASS ACKWARDS.
:D

Madacapa said:
I am going to be laughing all the way to the bank, as they say, in 2006 and 2008. That map is going to change. Its going to be mostly blue. The Democrats will retake the Congress in 2006 and the presidency in 2008. That is a fact and you Red's cannot change that. Its time for a change...

So you're going to make MONEY? You may need to do some research on what 'Laughing all the way to the bank" really means.

A couple things.

If Democrats win, you'll LOSE money, because they will steal it in increased taxes.

Maybe you WILL Laugh all the way to the bank...but just sorta stand in the lobby and laugh at people?

Weird.

Madacapa said:

How can something that hasn't happened yet be a 'fact'? Also, because we happen to get to vote, the "Red's" can (and have in the past) changed that! I dont know what virtual world you live in but it seems to have a very tenuous connection to reality.

The democrats won't save you, and neither will the republicans.

Wake up from the false left/right paradigm.

What defies common sense?

Maybe the definition of "Common sense" depends on the conscientiousness or awareness of society as a whole?

Bill Clinton hands gigantic ports in California to China under his Admin. (as well as secret US technology) - Democrats are silent.

George Bush gives the UAE U.S ports, and gives China a no-bid contract in the Bahamas (without American customs agenst present) to oversee security operations (After China threatens to nuke hundreds of US cities) - Democrats and Republicans are silent.

Fighting against an enemy which is portrayed as attacking our freedoms, while the government builds an electronic control grid/police state domestically in the name of fighting those enemies - This defies common sense.

But maybe the government deserves our trust...

...Especially when the president says "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."

Who cares about the constitution, anyone with common sense knows it's an outdated document.

Who cares about corruption in government, anyone with common sense knows that governments throughout history are the most loving, compassionate bodies around.

Who cares about privacy, anyone with common sense knows that the enemy wants us to have privacy.

Freedom is slavery!

Well hot dog! Pass the ammo. Sounds like you are advocating revolution to me!

Actually, what is your proposal to remedy the current situation then?

Madacapa said:

You know, I heard this in 2004...and 2002 and 2000, and while Clinton held the White House for 8 years, I kept hearing how the dem were gonna take back the senate and house of reps in 1994, 1996, and 1998. Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

Hobbit said:
You know, I heard this in 2004...and 2002 and 2000, and while Clinton held the White House for 8 years, I kept hearing how the dem were gonna take back the senate and house of reps in 1994, 1996, and 1998. Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

The Democrats were the majority in the Senate during 94, 96 and 98. While the House was Republican controlled during the period. This divide in the bicameral legislature made for saner politics.

CSM, I'm glad my post got you riled up, and am happy to see you are seeking solutions.

You want a remedy?

As you say grab the ammo, keep in mind I'm not advocating violence as the solution.

A growing number of Americans are becoming aware of the untrustworthiness of the mainstream media, as well as government. They know that something is terribly amiss in their country and the world, but are often at a loss as to where to point the real blame. The alternative media is exploding, while the mainstream scrambles to keep up ratings. People are seeking truth.

Education, information, the spread of truthful information amidst a sea of lies and propaganda - perhaps this is part of the remedy?

Become educated on topics such as; Globalism, organizations like the CFR, the Bilderberg Group, learn of the influence of secret societies throughout history, find out about secret elite clubs like the Bohemian Grove, the Military Industrial Complex, the New World Order, investigate 9/11, learn about the nature of tyranny and study historical examples of it, and develop a sharpened sense of discernment - find out just what in the world is going on.

StoptheMadness1 said:
CSM, I'm glad my post got you riled up, and am happy to see you are seeking solutions.

You want a remedy?

As you say grab the ammo, keep in mind I'm not advocating violence as the solution.

A growing number of Americans are becoming aware of the untrustworthiness of the mainstream media, as well as government. They know that something is terribly amiss in their country and the world, but are often at a loss as to where to point the real blame. The alternative media is exploding, while the mainstream scrambles to keep up ratings. People are seeking truth.

Education, information, the spread of truthful information amidst a sea of lies and propaganda - perhaps this is part of the remedy?

Become educated on topics such as; Globalism, organizations like the CFR, the Bilderberg Group, learn of the influence of secret societies throughout history, find out about secret elite clubs like the Bohemian Grove, the Military Industrial Complex, the New World Order, investigate 9/11, learn about the nature of tyranny and study historical examples of it, and develop a sharpened sense of discernment - find out just what in the world is going on.

Interesting. However, becoming educated on the multiple conspiracy theories does not seem helpful in the long run. I do agree that education, being informed and the spread of TRUTHFUL information (meaning that such information is substantiated by FACT) will go a long way towards a remedy. As you probably have noticed, I do a lot of research on statements and allegations made on this board, particularly when they indicate something is askew (too good/bad to be true is one indication). Facts and logic, coupled with common sense, in my opinion, are the road to success, they are the foundation for making sound and wise decisions.

I am not saying that conspiracies should not be investigated, I am saying that investigation of conspiracies based on speculation are nothing more than mental masturbation. It might make you feel good but other than that wont accomplish much.

I see what you are saying, CSM.

However, the CFR is a real group (who's president Richard Haass recently called for the abolishment of national sovereignty), the Bilderberg Group is a real, secretive and extremely powerful organization, the Bohemian Grove is a real place where elites from across the globe gather, Globalism is real and growing (an ideal by which many government leaders follow), Eisenhower gave us a stern warning about the Military Industrial Complex (which is now more powerful than ever) and leaders have been calling for a New World Order for quite some time, with one of the most recent calls being from Gary Hart soon after 9/11.

I think this is worthy of investigation, are these conspiracy theories or facts?

Forum List

Back