The Heavy Burden of Solar Power

And this is why solar is being installed by the free market as the second largest source of new energy this year.

You can't make this shit up.

There is no solar that isn't government subsidized.

There's a ton of it within the southwest that is below the cost of coal without subsidies. Honestly, I don't care if it were as nuclear and other energy sources currently are too.

And this is why solar is being installed by the free market as the second largest source of new energy this year.

You can't make this shit up.

There is no solar that isn't government subsidized.

There's a ton of it within the southwest that is below the cost of coal without subsidies. Honestly, I don't care if it were as nuclear and other energy sources currently are too.

Hmmm, no there isn't. You would have us believe the people don't apply for the subsidy when they are legally eligible to receive it?

As would any good businessman. However, it is the economics that are driving the installation of solar. You are seeing the massive amount of solar being put into place and used because of the cost factors. Solar, one in place, has almost no maintenance costs. There is not coal or gas to be purchased, no expensive machinery to break down, and zero pollution. And the purchase price of the panels continues to come down, while the efficiency continues to increase.

As would any good businessman. However, it is the economics that are driving the installation of solar. You are seeing the massive amount of solar being put into place and used because of the cost factors. Solar, one in place, has almost no maintenance costs. There is not coal or gas to be purchased, no expensive machinery to break down, and zero pollution. And the purchase price of the panels continues to come down, while the efficiency continues to increase.

It's only cost effective, if it is in fact cost effective, because of massive government subsidies, and because of mandates by the state of California, for example, that it must purchase so many Megawatts of "green energy" in any given year. No power utility would waste a dime on that shit if they weren't forced to.

In the News -Duke Energy

02/09/2015 Duke Energy, the nation’s largest electric utility, today announced the acquisition of a majority interest in REC Solar, a provider of comprehensive commercial solar and energy solutions nationwide.
12/19/2014 Duke Energy Renewables, a commercial business unit of Duke Energy, today announced it has acquired a 20-megawatt (AC) solar project in Roanoke Rapids, N.C., from Geenex and ET Solar Energy Corp.
10/07/2014 Duke Energy Renewable Services has signed five-year service agreements for two wind projects in Kewaunee County, Wis., owned by Madison Gas and Electric and Wisconsin Public Service.
09/15/2014 Duke Energy Renewable Services today announced it has signed a long-term agreement to service Pattern Energy Group Inc.’s 283-megawatt (MW) Gulf Wind energy project in Armstrong, Texas.
09/03/2014 Duke Energy Renewables, a commercial business unit of Duke Energy, today announced it will build, own and operate a 110-megawatt (MW) wind power project, Los Vientos V, in Starr County, Texas.
07/24/2014 Duke Energy Renewables, a commercial business unit of Duke Energy, awarded its top safety recognition to its Mobile Services Team, based in Canby, Minn.
07/17//2014 Consumers Energy has awarded Duke Energy Renewables Services a long-term service contract for its 105-megawatt (MW) Cross Winds Energy Project under construction in Tuscola County, Mich.
06/24/2014 The George Washington University (GW), American University (AU) and the George Washington University Hospital (GWUH) announced they will create a renewable energy project that brings solar power from North Carolina to the D.C. institutions.
03/06/2014 Duke Energy Renewables, a commercial business unit of Duke Energy, today announced its acquisition of two 20-megawatt (MW) AC California solar projects from renewable energy developer Infigen Energy.
11/25/2013 Duke Energy Renewables, a commercial business unit of Duke Energy, has begun construction of three utility-scale solar power projects totaling 30 megawatts (MW) AC in Eastern North Carolina.
11/22/2013 Duke Energy Renewables, a commercial business unit of Duke Energy, today announced it has reached a settlement agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) regarding the deaths of golden eagles and other migratory birds.
09/26/2013 Duke Energy Renewables, a commercial business unit of Duke Energy, today announced it will build two large-scale wind power facilities in South Texas.
09/16/2013 Duke Energy's battery storage project in Texas wins top North American award
09/09/2013 Duke Energy begins expansion of its Beaufort County solar project

Looks like somebody likes renewables.

Ahhh let's scrap all renewable, mine more coal, and get rid of clean coal technology... then we can become like China where we can all wear masks to be outside. That is the ticket. Why are people against renewables? If you ask me, any miner forced into the ground should be making triple what they are now..a..then I would be more for coal.

Ahhh let's scrap all renewable, mine more coal, and get rid of clean coal technology... then we can become like China where we can all wear masks to be outside. That is the ticket. Why are people against renewables? If you ask me, any miner forced into the ground should be making triple what they are now..a..then I would be more for coal.

Most of the pollution in China comes from cars and other industrial sources, not coal. The only thing that comes out of modern coal fired power plants is a little steam. They don't produce any visible smoke.

Of course, you could actually look something up, Little Twink, rather than just flapping yap.

Researchers identify primary sources of city air pollution - Global Times

Researchers identify primary sources of city air pollution
Source:Global Times Published: 2013-12-30 23:18:02
Share on twitterShare on facebookShare on sinaweiboShare on linkedinMore Sharing Services4

Research fellows have found the main source of particles with a diameter of less than 2.5 microns in the Beijing air is fossil fuel combustion emissions, Xinhua reported Monday.

A research team at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics in the Chinese Academy of Sciences found six sources: soil dust (15 percent), coal burning (18 percent), biomass burning (12 percent), vehicle gas emissions and garbage burning (4 percent), industrial pollution (25 percent) and secondary inorganic aerosols (26 percent).

Coal burning, industrial pollution and secondary inorganic aerosols combine to form fossil fuel combustion emissions, a total 69 percent of pollutants.

Researchers analyzed samples mainly in downtown Beijing through 2009 and 2010.

Of course, you could actually look something up, Little Twink, rather than just flapping yap.

Researchers identify primary sources of city air pollution - Global Times

Researchers identify primary sources of city air pollution
Source:Global Times Published: 2013-12-30 23:18:02
Share on twitterShare on facebookShare on sinaweiboShare on linkedinMore Sharing Services4

Research fellows have found the main source of particles with a diameter of less than 2.5 microns in the Beijing air is fossil fuel combustion emissions, Xinhua reported Monday.

A research team at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics in the Chinese Academy of Sciences found six sources: soil dust (15 percent), coal burning (18 percent), biomass burning (12 percent), vehicle gas emissions and garbage burning (4 percent), industrial pollution (25 percent) and secondary inorganic aerosols (26 percent).

Coal burning, industrial pollution and secondary inorganic aerosols combine to form fossil fuel combustion emissions, a total 69 percent of pollutants.

Researchers analyzed samples mainly in downtown Beijing through 2009 and 2010.

Your source lies by leaving out pollution from cars. "vehicle gas emmsions" does not mean the stuff that comes out the tail pipe. It means gasoline that has evaporated away. Here is a some more accurate information:

COM_Beijings-Air-Pollution.jpg

And that's for "Particulate Matter." Cars emit virtually no particulate matter, so their emissions for other kinds of pollution such as Nitrous Oxide and Carbon Monoxide are undoubtedly a lot higher

Beijing is a toxic place to live. Why they let that happen is beyond me. Why poison your people? The almighty buck. Check out Lin Fen where they mine the coal... things there are scary bad. China is moving backwards in this respect.

Beijing is a toxic place to live. Why they let that happen is beyond me. Why poison your people? The almighty buck. Check out Lin Fen where they mine the coal... things there are scary bad. China is moving backwards in this respect.

China doesn't have the same stringent emission regulations that we have. Our coal plants are clean. Scrubbers remove 95% of the particulate matter and sulfer from the exhaust gases. We also have much mores stringent emissions regulations on our cars. You fucking eco-morons just don't get it.

Forum List

Back