The Heart of the AGW Premise Fails Empirical Review.

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Billy_Bob, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Wuwei

Wuwei Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    I saw it in a spontaneously glowing lightstick. Haven't you seen one?

2. Billy_Bob

Billy_Bob Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,229
    I know what it says and the hypothesis is not settled science... If you all have a warped view and an unrealistic understanding I wont go into a discussion on it...

You guys cant even understand reflection and refraction or why a cooler body can not warm a warmer one... I think its funny that you all believe a low temperature/low energetic wave will warm an object.. Aim you IR thermometer at a cube of ice in a freezer and let me know when your aiming beam melts the ice cube...

3. polarbear

polarbear I eat morons

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    He was deflecting to the detector and forever avoiding direct questions about the CMB hitting the atmosphere and dish reflector first.
    Hahaha I`m not surprised that someone who starts a discussion in Hippie slang would not have a clue about the function of a microwave dish and the LNA.
    All the dish does is reflect and focus the microwaves into the wave guide of the LNA which amplifies it.
    So what exactly does a "chilled out" Hippie think is going on when the CMB "hits" the atmosphere and the reflector?
    ...other than being able to pass through the atmosphere and then being reflected by the parabolic dish?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. polarbear

polarbear I eat morons

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    You don`t know? Anyway he did not say to what you inflated it.
    All he did was challenging you to show him how you would measure the energy which is transferred in the direction from cold to warm and that he would accept an actual measurement with an instrument capable of doing so as evidence.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Toddsterpatriot

Toddsterpatriot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,644
    You don`t know?

I know, do you?

Anyway he did not say to what you inflated it.

He does, all the time.

All he did was challenging you to show him how you would measure the energy which is transferred in the direction from cold to warm

He says you can't measure it, because no photons are ever allowed to move from colder matter to warmer matter. Do you agree that photons will only move one way between objects of different temperatures?

Do you agree that no photons travel between identical objects at identical temperatures?

6. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,348
    Care to hazard a guess as to why they don't call it standard reality?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Wuwei

Wuwei Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    That is exactly the point. SSDD doesn't believe that the CMB can hit the dish at all. SSDD believes radiation from a cold object can never ever hit a warmer object.

On the other hand you agree that distant 2.7K black body radiation can go through a 300K atmosphere, and hit a 300K dish. So you believe what physicists believe that BB radiation can hit any objects at any temperatures.

The argument is not about the detector, it's about SSDD's misinterpretation of the 2nd law.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wuwei

Wuwei Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    Because it's physics, not metaphysics.

If you disagree that the chemiluminescence of a lightstick is not spontaneous, you haven't given a reason why you think that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,348
    As I said, only idiots think that they have found a means to spontaneously move energy from cool to warm. Any instance that appears to be so, under proper scrutiny will invariably turn out to be not spontaneous.

As much as I would love to defeat your idiotic arguments once again, alas I don't have time...summer is in full swing and with it, summer parties and festivals...and I am playing with 4 bands at present and have no time to tear your arguments down.

I stand with the second law of thermodynamics which states that it is not possible for energy to move spontaneously from cool to warm. Do let me know if they change the law before I get back to you. Till then, just the thought of people believing that they have found an instance where energy flows spontaneously from cool to warm gives me a daily chuckle.

By the way...reality is defined as that which exists objectively and in fact. Since no actual evidence exists for your belief in spontaneous two way energy flow, I am afraid that you are the one leaning more towards metaphysics....your belief is positively religious.

10. Toddsterpatriot

Toddsterpatriot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,644
    As I said, only idiots think that they have found a means to spontaneously move energy from cool to warm.

Idiots, Professor Raeder, every academic in the world. Weird.

Any luck finding an academic that agrees with your one-way flow theory?
    Any book that you can link that will help your claim? Hmm...….

Till then, just the thought of people believing that they have found an instance where energy flows spontaneously from cool to warm gives me a daily chuckle.

You mean besides energy from the Sun's surface spontaneously flowing to the hotter corona?
    You mean besides energy from the Earth's surface spontaneously flowing to the hotter thermosphere?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1