The Hawks Go Up To Minnesota

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
The Vikings O-Line is not Pittsburgh's and Bridgewater is not is NOT Palmer or Rodgers or Rothleburger.

Wilson is just catching his stride. He has played lights out for the last couple of games.

The LOB.-1 the replacement for the LOB the Beta version has more bugs than the revised version but the Hawks have decided to go with the flawed LOB this year to keep things interesting. Bridgewater isn't really good enough to know what he could have been facing so will not be able to take advantage of the LOB season 4. He never saw the Reason For Fear edition so just the legend will have to do.

I sure hope there is a lot of snow that day.the NFL is so fucked up playing games inside a fucking dome.:mad:

Minnesota had a chance to right a wrong by building an outdoor stadium but they go and fuck it up by building another indoor one.your seahawks finally got wise,why cant fucking minnesota?:mad:

I guess they dont want to make it back to the superbowl again.:rolleyes:

Never have ever since they went indoors.

I sure hope there is a lot of snow that day.the NFL is so fucked up playing games inside a fucking dome.:mad:

Minnesota had a chance to right a wrong by building an outdoor stadium but they go and fuck it up by building another indoor one.your seahawks finally got wise,why cant fucking minnesota?:mad:

Indoor stadiums DO throw the home field advantage out the window. This is true even in warmer parts of the country. I can't help but wonder what would have happened in San Diego when the Hawks got spanked in the life threatening heat and humidity those teams played in. The ice and snow DOES give the home field teams an advantage to teams with open stadiums.

I know that I will feel just as comfortable as the Hawks in Minnesota. The only difference is that I won't have to leave my dog in the car. I have no idea what that means.

Indoor stadiums DO throw the home field advantage out the window. This is true even in warmer parts of the country. I can't help but wonder what would have happened in San Diego when the Hawks got spanked in the life threatening heat and humidity those teams played in. The ice and snow DOES give the home field teams an advantage to teams with open stadiums.

I know that I will feel just as comfortable as the Hawks in Minnesota. The only difference is that I won't have to leave my dog in the car. I have no idea what that means.

they throw home field advantage out the window especially in this day and age where the crowd noise is not a factor for the quarterback since he has a headset to hear the calls from the sideline.

playing outdoors was a huge advantage for the vikings all those years they went to the superbowl. when they play a game in cold weather like in chicago or greenbay now,they are not used to the cold weather and it affects their game late in the season when making a playoff run.

OK ...enough jabbering about in houses and out houses.

I find it interesting that if the playoffs started this coming weekend the Seattle Seahawks would be traveling up to Minnesota to play the Vikings.

So who are these Vikings anyway? They are a team that lost badly at home to Green Bay against an Aaron Rodgers that flat stunk up the stadium. Peterson looked like he just didn't care as he consistently lost yardage. Bridgewater made bad choices and bad throws over and over all game long.

Watching the Packers bitch slap the Vikings around for 60 minutes made me wonder mostly how the Vikes could be leading their division.

Bridgewater is DEFINITELY no Russell Wilson. He is better at losing yards than gaining them. The Packers might have had something to say about that observation but they have been on a serious skid losing 4 out of their last 5.

NOW that the Seahawks' O-Line seems to have finally learned to protect Wilson this game might be a laugher. As it turns out Russell Wilson CAN throw from the pocket. Even working on THREE transfusions and sick as a dog he sliced up the Steelers FROM THE POCKET in a "man to man" shootout with Rothlesburger running a scant 4 times and absorbing only 2 sacks. No ints...no fumbles...5 TDs... in what for all the world looked EXACTLY like a playoff game. If that had been the Vikings playing in Seattle on Sunday it would have been a HUGE blowout.

Jimmy Graham out for the remainder of the season...Pffftt! Nice guy...a hit in the locker room BUT..We went to two SBs without him. He wasn't a big deal on the field.

We lost Ricardo Lockett this season and I stood up and cheered. He as we all remember was the rag doll dressed in a Seahawk uni that GAVE Brady his MVP in SB 49.

Seattle and Russell Wilson at least just seems to play better when they have their backs against the wall. Wilson rang up a 138 and change rating two weeks ago and a 148 plus two days ago.

I can't predict if the Seahawks will even make it to SB 50 but it will not be for losing to the Vikings this Sunday.

Seattle is 5th in total defense whereas the Vikings are 20th. The last few games Seattle has given up an average of 93 yards rushing and actually less in the past couple weeks and the Vikings given up over 110. I will give the edge to Seattle in a close game as Seattle shuts down Peterson.
As that is about all the Vikings have offensively.

Seattle is 5th in total defense whereas the Vikings are 20th. The last few games Seattle has given up an average of 93 yards rushing and actually less in the past couple weeks and the Vikings given up over 110. I will give the edge to Seattle in a close game as Seattle shuts down Peterson.

The Steelers threw for 480 yards against Seattle and only rushed the ball 14 times. That's the worst showing for a Seattle defense - ever. And that's saying something, given all the bad Seahawk teams of the past. In two of the last three games, against SF and PITT, the opposition ran the ball 16 and 14 times respectively. They aren't giving up much on the ground because teams are going at them through the air.

Seattle has given up 350 yards in the air per game over the past three games. That would put them dead last in pass defense.

Last edited:

The Steelers threw for 480 yards against Seattle and only rushed the ball 14 times. That's the worst showing for a Seattle defense - ever. And that's saying something, given all the bad Seahawk teams of the past. In two of the last three games, against SF and PITT, the opposition ran the ball 16 and 14 times respectively. They aren't giving up much on the ground because teams are going at them through the air.

Seattle has given up 350 yards in the air per game over the past three games. That would put them dead last in pass defense.

Yes, the yards given up by the Seahawks through the air has been staggering. Scoring has not been so bad. Rushing Defense on the other hand has been impressive. As far as how these trends will effect the child beater predicts a bad day for him. Teddy Bridgewater is certainly not a Ben Rothlesburger or a Carson Palmer.

The Seattle Defensive backfield has had problems all season with our last three all pros opposite Richard Sherman taking the big money offered by other teams. This season we have had problems finding the personnel to shore up that side plus Chancellor holding out for the first two games making it even more difficult to get the DB corps dialed in as a group.

Lately though I believe we have most of the bugs worked out with Lane and Shead returned from injury. Success brings with it a problem of attrition as the whole team is looked upon as worth a lot more individually and a team like the Hawks can't pay everyone what the market offers.

Over the last two seasons we have also lost two very good Defensive Co-ordinators. Chris Richards was given a promotion from within as was Dan Quinn who preceded him.and Gus Bradley before him. Ken Norton our highly regarded linebacker coach was snapped up as the new DC for Oakland. So it is easy to see that the Hawks have had many talented coaches shoes to fill as well as the lack of success replacing the Cornerback opposite Sherman where we have have lost three talented DBs, Browner, Thurmond and Maxwell being the pick of the litter on that side of our DB's.

So yes we have struggled to maintain the success of the last two previous seasons at Cornerback and Defense in general
The Hawks led in the fourth qtr of every one of our five losses. And yes it has been very frustrating. We could just as easily be 11-0 as the 6-5 record we now enjoy. Even with all of our troubles keeping up with attrition at Defense we are still pretty close to having a great team.

The O-Line seems to have matured enough for Wilson to feel confident with them.

All in all we still have a clear path to make the playoffs. The future is still in our own hands as they say.

Teams are not gaining a lot of the ground because they know Seattle would blow them out if they relied solely on the run like the Vikings most likely will try. Seattle, IMO, has the best linebackers in the NFL. Along with Kam Chancellor who is a beast against the run. If Minnesota can't run and has to pass Seattle will win. Bridgewater passed for 175 yards and his QBR was 72.6 against the Falcons. The blunt of the Vikings attack is the run. Bridgewater was -3 yards running.

Yes, Seattle gave up a lot thru the air, but Pittsburgh and the 49ers only scored one passing touch down each so I guess Pittsburgh passing strategy didn't pan out so well. Roethlisberger QBR was 82 with two picks compared to Wilson's QBR of 148 with five passing TDs. Just who is a more competent quarterback? One passing TD (Pittsburgh) and four picks or 5 TDs and no picks by a quarterback that is not known for passing?

Yes, the yards given up by the Seahawks through the air has been staggering. Scoring has not been so bad. Rushing Defense on the other hand has been impressive. As far as how these trends will effect the child beater predicts a bad day for him. Teddy Bridgewater is certainly not a Ben Rothlesburger or a Carson Palmer.

The Seattle Defensive backfield has had problems all season with our last three all pros opposite Richard Sherman taking the big money offered by other teams. This season we have had problems finding the personnel to shore up that side plus Chancellor holding out for the first two games making it even more difficult to get the DB corps dialed in as a group.

Lately though I believe we have most of the bugs worked out with Lane and Shead returned from injury. Success brings with it a problem of attrition as the whole team is looked upon as worth a lot more individually and a team like the Hawks can't pay everyone what the market offers.

Over the last two seasons we have also lost two very good Defensive Co-ordinators. Chris Richards was given a promotion from within as was Dan Quinn who preceded him.and Gus Bradley before him. Ken Norton our highly regarded linebacker coach was snapped up as the new DC for Oakland. So it is easy to see that the Hawks have had many talented coaches shoes to fill as well as the lack of success replacing the Cornerback opposite Sherman where we have have lost three talented DBs, Browner, Thurmond and Maxwell being the pick of the litter on that side of our DB's.

So yes we have struggled to maintain the success of the last two previous seasons at Cornerback and Defense in general
The Hawks led in the fourth qtr of every one of our five losses. And yes it has been very frustrating. We could just as easily be 11-0 as the 6-5 record we now enjoy. Even with all of our troubles keeping up with attrition at Defense we are still pretty close to having a great team.

The O-Line seems to have matured enough for Wilson to feel confident with them.

All in all we still have a clear path to make the playoffs. The future is still in our own hands as they say.

As displayed in the Steelers game if Wilson stays in the pocket he and Seattle will be fine.

Teams are not gaining a lot of the ground because they know Seattle would blow them out if they relied solely on the run like the Vikings most likely will try. Seattle, IMO, has the best linebackers in the NFL. Along with Kam Chancellor who is a beast against the run. If Minnesota can't run and has to pass Seattle will win. Bridgewater passed for 175 yards and his QBR was 72.6 against the Falcons. The blunt of the Vikings attack is the run. Bridgewater was -3 yards running.

Yes, Seattle gave up a lot thru the air, but Pittsburgh and the 49ers only scored one passing touch down each so I guess Pittsburgh passing strategy didn't pan out so well. Roethlisberger QBR was 82 with two picks compared to Wilson's QBR of 148 with five passing TDs. Just who is a more competent quarterback? One passing TD (Pittsburgh) and four picks or 5 TDs and no picks by a quarterback that is not known for passing?

UMMMMmmmm????

Can I buy a vowel Alex?

Atlanta had the #1 rush defense up until they played Minnesota. Then the Vikings rolled up nearly 200 yards on the ground.

Maybe Can'tlanta was a sceered of Peterson because of how tough he showed the world when he beat up his pre teen son with a tree branch...OOOPS! My Bad! I meant "a switch". "lol"

In the last three games, Seattle is giving up 3.7 yards per carry on the ground.

That's mediocre.

You can rationalize all you want, but 480 yards in the air - a record - is really, really bad.

We're seeing the dismantling of the Seahawks defense as we speak.

Seattle rarely makes the same mistakes twice in consecutive games. The Hawk's Defense was embarrassed against the Steelers. Thomas, Wagner and Chancellor uncharacteristicly missed several tackles against Pittsburgh.

Seattle has uncommon speed along the D-Line and at Linebacker and Strong Safety. In the game preceding our last win the Cardinals ran a end around that got 50-60 yards that sealed the win for Arizona. It was the Hawk's game up till the last minute run which happened because of missed tackles. Peterson will NOT beat the Seahawks. If the Vikings win it will be because Teddy has a glorious game.

In the last three games, Seattle is giving up 3.7 yards per carry on the ground.

That's mediocre.

You can rationalize all you want, but 480 yards in the air - a record - is really, really bad.

Really, mediocre? There are only three teams who have allow less then Seattle on rush per carry this year...Jacksonville 3.3, Denver 3.4 and Tampa Bay 3.4.

Actually I don't care how many yards thru the air Pittsburgh got, all I care is how passing tds did they get. One.

That's mediocre.

Really, mediocre? There are only three teams who have allow less then Seattle on rush per carry this year...Jacksonville 3.3, Denver 3.4 and Tampa Bay 3.4.

Actually I don't care how many yards thru the air Pittsburgh got, all I care is how passing tds did they get. One.

I agree. I'll trade field goals for TDs all day long. One TD with a kick conversion is worth MORE than two field goals. Now if you make your two point conversion a TD is worth almost THREE field goals.

The Pittsburgh game was a perfect example of how bending but not breaking is a valid game plan and obviously can and does win football games.

Yes Rothlesburger lit it up with almost 500 passing yards BUT he and his replacement threw 4 ints. Wilson only got a meager :lol: 345 yards but never turned the ball over. In the end the Hawks won by 9 pts..TWO scores! by just taking better care of the ball and making more out of red zone possessions.

Right now the Seahawks are clicking on all cylinders. The Viking's QB is no Rothlesburg. If Wilson can continue to work inside the pocket like Sunday it will be a long day for Minnesota.

Our rookie Rawls is no Peterson but he has shown to be good enough to force any team to respect the Seahawk run attack. Once the Run game must be respected that leaves a lot of grass for our receivers and Wilson to work in.

It may be a close game but I very much like the Hawk's chances this Sunday.

That's mediocre.

Thomas said he was in Rothlesburger's head. What a whack-a-doodle!

#11..I can't think of his name .. Burned the Hawks for over 200 yards and a TD.

The Hawk's Defense will be fine. It takes a good slap across the face once in a while to get back on track.

Thomas REALLY believed he didn't make very many mistakes. He thinks he knows more than he really does. I think he is friggin crazy. Many of the big gains by air this season have been attributable to our Safeties. Sherman played very well on Sunday and our Corners opposite him did OK also. I think Richard needs to get into Thomas's and Chancellors heads and explain the "next man up" theory of Seahawk position replacement.

Forum List

Back