The Having an Affair Thread

Yes, the importance is fundamental to many of us, and, yes, dilloduck, I agree that it is "staggering". The next is not directed at you. Sexual "loyalty" in our puritannical monogamous society as a criteria of commitment should never be belittled in my opinion, even by those who are not monogamous or puritannical. If one should believe s/he is better than that, then act it. Be gracious.

Who exactly this directed at then? On the probable chance that it was me (being that I am the only other participant in this thread so far who is not mono):
I made a statement of fact that I do not perceive as being judgmental or belittling in any way shape or form. BTW I do not think that I am better than that. It is my personal choice not to subscribe to it like it is your personal choice to subscribe to it. It is right for you, for whatever reason(s) that are your own.

I do think that
Sexual "loyalty" in our puritannical monogamous society as a criteria of commitment
is a source of many forms of harm and heartbreak. Do I believe that everyone should not be monogamous? Hell no, it is a good structure for some, others not so much. I do object to monogamy being presented as the one true way for everyone, just like I object to heterosexuality being presented as the one true way for all humanity. I tend to object at all thought processes as the one true way.

Sorry for the digression there.

Forum List

Back