The Harley Mistique

I've always been a BMW guy and still have my old R100RS with over 275,000 miles on it. They are a smooth, smooth ride. Reliable as hell too.

r100rs-for-sale.jpg
I agree. My old 1973 R75/5 toaster is rock solid and a hoot to ride. Out of more than a hundred bikes through the years, it is top three in favorites!
You had over a hundred? Even riding that many is something. I've heard many say the R75 was the smoothest motor they ever made.

I've always been a BMW guy and still have my old R100RS with over 275,000 miles on it. They are a smooth, smooth ride. Reliable as hell too.

r100rs-for-sale.jpg
Just saw this, you know about the Snowflake recall?

I have a '78/R100/7 with Lesters. For many years I had it set up like yours, sold the RS fairing last summer because the Ducati ST did what it did so I decided to make the ole girl a naked rider.

It had been probably 1979 since it was sans fairing. Mine only has 170,000 and still running strong. I did put the 81-84 front end on it, stops great with EBC HH pads!

Yeah, I had the wheel replaced way back when.

I figured as much. The long time riders know, it's still being taken care of I think, for the few that find out. Unless they ran out of wheels, which could be. You have your ergo-dynamics figured out by now but I sawed off an inch off a set S bars and they fit inside the cockpit.

"there is nothing else (among motorcycles) that sounds as good as a full-throated Harley pulling away from a stop sign." It should be legal to shoot those bastards. How little can your dick be to need that level of attention?

I'm a long time rider, 45 years, my thoughts on Harleys: They are well made today. I've known a few guys that had electronic glitches but the shops are good at taking care of it.

They look great but are heavy and slow with poor ground clearance. They are for putting along, which is fine, great gas mileage to boot but the brotherhood thing to me is like what we did as kids. Join a club and have secret decoder rings and all that.

Many Harley riders are all about image and can't ride worth shit. They will bobble around in the mountains, ride in dense packs, SLOWLY, try to block you from passing (to salvage the aforementioned little dicks) use their rear brakes almost exclusively, wear apparel designed to impress toddlers with no safety concerns whatsoever. But it's their skin, if they can pay for it.

The bikes are great for what they are though, if I was rich I would have one for putting around but that's not typical for me. I'm not the opposite extreme either though, the crotch rocket guys are almost as bad.
I agree.

We regularly get flocks of weekend HArley riders rolling through. For some reason they think that can hold up traffic at lights so they can all pass at once.

I'll take a BMW roadster over a Harley any day

I figured as much. The long time riders know, it's still being taken care of I think, for the few that find out. Unless they ran out of wheels, which could be. You have your ergo-dynamics figured out by now but I sawed off an inch off a set S bars and they fit inside the cockpit.

The reason why I fell in love with the 100 is the first time I sat on it, it felt "right". I never had to change a thing. It was perfect from the get go.

The Twin Cam is a dreadful engine, witb many serious problems. In contrast, the Evo, especially after 2003, is near flawless.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I like shovelheads best but everything I hear is that EVO is the way to go .

Forum List

Back