The Happiness Quiz

Free and happy
You really have got happiness down to a fine art. You've got a brilliant approach to life.

At the core of your approach is the understanding that if you're not happy, then it's down to you to sort it out. There are things you can do about it - changing the way you think, feel or the way you handle your problems. You have the confidence and self-belief never to simply accept misery as a way of life.

You believe in yourself and your ability to get through things. You're not smug, but at peace with the real you.

It could be, of course, that you aren't 100 per cent sorted in all areas of your life - work, play and love - and that's natural. Or it could be that you lack some happiness skills, such as goal setting or managing your emotions.

Shattered said:
Free and happy
You really have got happiness down to a fine art. You've got a brilliant approach to life.

At the core of your approach is the understanding that if you're not happy, then it's down to you to sort it out. There are things you can do about it - changing the way you think, feel or the way you handle your problems. You have the confidence and self-belief never to simply accept misery as a way of life.

You believe in yourself and your ability to get through things. You're not smug, but at peace with the real you.

It could be, of course, that you aren't 100 per cent sorted in all areas of your life - work, play and love - and that's natural. Or it could be that you lack some happiness skills, such as goal setting or managing your emotions.
Same here.

I was.... less than happy.

I've always been driven, and I like moving around. I always want to see what's over the next hill.

I'm not sure if the test was constructed to measure my style of hapiness, because I am happy with the way I am.

Free and happy

Free and happy

It's not down to me!
You're not happy because you've never learned the skills to be happy. For some reason, the emotional and practical basics of a contented approach to life have passed you by. Underpinning that lack of skills is the fact that you don't feel you need them. You tend to think that your happiness or unhappiness is not down to you. Your discontentment is down to events beyond your control or to other people; you haven't fully realised that your happiness is in your own hands.
So maybe you need to make some changes to your lifestyle, to the way you handle events or your style of approach with people. Or maybe you've become too focused on yourself - a bit 'me, me, me'. Remember that the basis of true happiness is finding the balance between considering yourself and giving to other people.
well happiness is over rated anyway

Hope you don't mind my tacking this article onto your post, Pale. Basically, it's asking the same thing: How happy are you?

Are We Happy Yet?
By T.J. Banes, The Indianapolis Star
February 27, 2006

According to a recent report titled "Are We Happy Yet?" by the Pew Research Center, 50 percent of Americans are "pretty happy," and 34 percent are "very happy." The results are based on interviews with 3,014 Americans conducted between October and November 2005.

So what is the secret to happiness? How can Americans become happier? Here's what Pew researchers and experts say about the way we live our lives:

*Those who always feel rushed are less likely to be happy than those who almost never feel rushed.

*Parents are more likely to be happy than those without children.

*Those who attend religious services regularly are happier than those attending less often.

*Married people are more likely to be happy than those who are not married.

*Healthy people are happier than those in poor health.

(Commentary provided about bold items above.)

Other findings:

• Fifty percent of those who make $150,000 or more annually are more likely to be happy than those who make less than $20,000 per year.

• Thirty-six percent of whites say they're happy, compared to 34 percent of Hispanics and 28 percent of blacks.

• Men (35 percent) and women (33 percent) are about equally happy.

• Forty-one percent of men 65 and older say they're happy. Only 26 percent of men ages 18 to 29 agree.

• Retirees (36 percent) and those employed (35 percent) are nearly equally happy.

• Recent immigrants (36 percent) are just as happy as others (36 percent/fourth generation).

• Suburbanites (36 percent) are slightly happier than those who live in cities (31 percent).

• Sun Belt residents (37 percent) are happier than those living elsewhere in the nation (32 percent).

• Pet owners are about equally happy (35 percent) as those who don't own a pet (33 percent).

Source: Pew Research Center, Social Trends Report: "Are We Happy Yet?" February 2006

for full article:
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060227/LIVING/602270306/1007

Free and happy

dmp said:
I wouldn't have guessed it, but "Free and Happy" :) Life's not so bad! :D

hehe :) Yay ME!

*poke* EVERYONE is free and happy... See a pattern?

Forum List

Back