The Hallowness of Conservative Claims

If he wanted to shift the focus to matters other than the economy, don't you think he would be carpet-bombing Cairo at this point?

The truth is that the President--a democrat who historically have been tagged as soft on defense--is operating a smart disciplined campaign that is delivering great results for his re-election bid.

That it is also the proper step to take in an age where the easy answer delivers political expediency but at the end of the day is wrong is a nice bonus. Egypt didn't attack us. Libya didn't attack us. Terrorists in those States did.

It's a good example of Obama's not getting us into an Iraq situation in Libya. We'd have IEDs, suicide bombers, armed engagements and a committment that isn't ending anytime soon.

I would hope that you all would learn something. But I know better.

Correct, the attacks were by criminals and not sanctioned by any government. Any type of military action by the US would be unwarranted and illegal.

Another good reason to keep Obama in the WH, as similar incidents will likely happen in the future; we don’t want Romney or his trigger-happy neo-cons starting more pointless, illegal wars in response to criminal activities overseas.

I don't know that it would be unwarranted and illegal but I do know that declaring war on Egypt or Libya is not the answer. The answer is, unfortunately, neither easy to come by or easy to execute--find the ones who organized this and take them out. The soundbytes coming from the conservatives here are cartoonish, stupid and not surprising given their thought processes which are, unfortunately, parroted by their candidate for President.

The Governor would have no better options than the President does now; neither would GWB, Clinton, the first GWB, Reagan, Carter, Washington or anyone else in the White House.

The problem there is that we can't walk away from the Middle East because our energy and that of our allies comes from there. Which is why Obama, for one, is interested in renewable resources--the same ones that the GOP regularly decries as pie in the sky. One thing where I break from Obama is in nuke power. We've had a nuclear navy with a great safety record...there is no reason why we can't transplant their command and control into the commercial nuclear power market. None at all. As far as I can tell, Obama has no plans to do that. While it is true that it would only support permanent structures and not automobiles, every little deduction in oil demand lessens the need for us to be in the middle east.

Obama, if anything, should be applauded for not imitating Bush, going into Libya with troops, building bases and committing us to another open ended conflict. Good Job Mr. President. The deaths of 4 Americans this week was tragic but the alternative and the silly "I told you so" chorus is flat out moronic.

If he wanted to shift the focus to matters other than the economy, don't you think he would be carpet-bombing Cairo at this point?

The truth is that the President--a democrat who historically have been tagged as soft on defense--is operating a smart disciplined campaign that is delivering great results for his re-election bid.

That it is also the proper step to take in an age where the easy answer delivers political expediency but at the end of the day is wrong is a nice bonus. Egypt didn't attack us. Libya didn't attack us. Terrorists in those States did.

It's a good example of Obama's not getting us into an Iraq situation in Libya. We'd have IEDs, suicide bombers, armed engagements and a committment that isn't ending anytime soon.

I would hope that you all would learn something. But I know better.

the hollowness of your cranium

Pathetic. The man practically stepped over the barely cold bodies of diplomats that HE sent into harm's way and delivered a fucking stump speech in Vegas. :mad:
He's missed more than half his daily security briefings so it's no wonder he's clueless, but to get caught with his pants down on the anniversary of 9/11 is just beyond explanation.

You're exhibiting your ignorance and we all know it; an equal number are not surprised by it.

Bush played golf while we were at war--with deployments and everything else. You were strangely silent then.

Fuck off.

Bush stopped playing golf altogether when it became obvious that some citizens were offended by the optics of it.
AFP: Bush: I quit golf over Iraq war
But Obama plays on and on and on. Golf, basketball, ESPN on the tube. But somehow manages NOT to take his daily security briefings. Bush met six a week, two of them each week in-depth, and called for more on a relatively frequent basis.

Barack Obama made some cursory remarks in the Rose Garden, did an interview for 60 Minutes, still managed to NOT take his daily security briefing, and boarded the plane for Vegas. He went to BED the night before, knowing his ambassador was missing but not knowing his fate. He's running for a job he can't be bothered to do TODAY while he has it.

Marc Thiessen: Obama alone: This president does not need intel briefers - The Washington Post
Wait, Who's Political? | The Weekly Standard

For God's sake, don't make a statement when it's so easy to find out it's a lie.

Bush Lied About Giving Up Golf: Video Proof

You're the birther which makes you a racist. If you have a problem with that...that is your cross to burn...err I mean your cross to bear. :eusa_drool:

Care to make a straight up bet.

Obama wins, you stop posting on this message board.
Romney wins, I stop posting on this message board.

Put up or shut up Klanny...:eusa_whistle:

We already know you have another screenname lined up. Nobody's buying that you're not gonna be here trolling.

It must suck being a racist. You have to vote for Obama b/c he's the black guy. It doesn't matter how much he's f'ing us over. Then again in your loser world that's probably a good thing as you have no real hopes and aspirations.

Looooooooooooooooosssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr

Aka
You're too scared

Good Call Grumps...

Yes he is. And a racist to boot.

Yes you are racist and a psychopath to boot. You'd better run off to one of your panther meetings.

We already know you have another screenname lined up. Nobody's buying that you're not gonna be here trolling.

It must suck being a racist. You have to vote for Obama b/c he's the black guy. It doesn't matter how much he's f'ing us over. Then again in your loser world that's probably a good thing as you have no real hopes and aspirations.

Looooooooooooooooosssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr

Aka
You're too scared

Good Call Grumps...

Yes he is. And a racist to boot.

Yes you are racist and a psychopath to boot. You'd better run off to one of your panther meetings.

Sorry Pussy boy, were you saying something?

You're exhibiting your ignorance and we all know it; an equal number are not surprised by it.

Bush played golf while we were at war--with deployments and everything else. You were strangely silent then.

Fuck off.

Bush stopped playing golf altogether when it became obvious that some citizens were offended by the optics of it.
But Obama plays on and on and on. Golf, basketball, ESPN on the tube. But somehow manages NOT to take his daily security briefings. Bush met six a week, two of them each week in-depth, and called for more on a relatively frequent basis.

Gee, good to see Bush bent to public opinion about playing golf. I like that the our president is able to have some recreation and still do his job so well. So, Bush 43 got an in-person briefing every morning....and still f'd up 9/11, Iraq (didn't know there were three tribes there did he), gave up searching for Bin Laden, totally missed Katrina etc....
Doesn't sound like the dog and pony show every morning did him any good.

But lets look at the current turmoil in the Middle East. Here is what dipshits like you are asking. You're asking the President to predict the level of outrage to an internet movie trailer 8,000 miles away.

You guys have pulled some rather novel things out of your asses in terms of trying to tarnish our president over the last 6 months. Some obvious but most idiotic...golf for example. This is sort of in the realm of crazy that few of you ever visit but good to see there is no limit to how far you're willing to go in your insane quest to tarnish the president however.

All the more reason not to elect Romney.

Had Obama been doing his job well we wouldn't have a dead ambassador, as well as three other Americans. It has already been shown that this attack had nothing to do with any movie. It was a planned terrorist attack on a facility that was basically unguarded. If this is the best that Obama can do, then he deserves the loss that's coming his way.

Gee, good to see Bush bent to public opinion about playing golf. I like that the our president is able to have some recreation and still do his job so well. So, Bush 43 got an in-person briefing every morning....and still f'd up 9/11, Iraq (didn't know there were three tribes there did he), gave up searching for Bin Laden, totally missed Katrina etc....

But lets look at the current turmoil in the Middle East. Here is what dipshits like you are asking. You're asking the President to predict the level of outrage to an internet movie trailer 8,000 miles away.

You guys have pulled some rather novel things out of your asses in terms of trying to tarnish our president over the last 6 months. Some obvious but most idiotic...golf for example. This is sort of in the realm of crazy that few of you ever visit but good to see there is no limit to how far you're willing to go in your insane quest to tarnish the president however.

Had Obama been doing his job well we wouldn't have a dead ambassador, as well as three other Americans. It has already been shown that this attack had nothing to do with any movie. It was a planned terrorist attack on a facility that was basically unguarded. If this is the best that Obama can do, then he deserves the loss that's coming his way.

I don't think the movie set it off either. I was dubious about that from the moment I heard it. So if an Ambassador is killed, the President is being derelict in his duties?
I'm curious; if it were the Ambassador's secretary or lets say the embassy mailroom guy; would that be just as painful to you? We lost 4,000+ troops in Iraq as memory serves. I guess Bush was derelict for like 5 years then; right--using your skewed barometer.

I'm sure you'll make some excuse now and do the great GOP "yeah but" response.

Obama is going to win this election. You know it.

I don't think the movie set it off either. I was dubious about that from the moment I heard it. So if an Ambassador is killed, the President is being derelict in his duties?
I'm curious; if it were the Ambassador's secretary or lets say the embassy mailroom guy; would that be just as painful to you? We lost 4,000+ troops in Iraq as memory serves. I guess Bush was derelict for like 5 years then; right--using your skewed barometer.

I know it's tough for your side to understand but Bush isn't president anymore. I'm not going to follow your twisted path trying to equate battlefield deaths with the fact that our embassy in an unstable country was not protected by U.S. Marines. It is inexcusable, especially in light of it being a 9/11 anniversary. Obama campaigned for the job of POTUS telling us what a great job he would do particularly in the Muslim world. Well take a look around, the Muslim world is on fire. Has Obama said why our embassy was unprotected yet?

I know it's tough for your side to understand but Bush isn't president anymore. I'm not going to follow your twisted path trying to equate battlefield deaths with the fact that our embassy in an unstable country was not protected by U.S. Marines. It is inexcusable, especially in light of it being a 9/11 anniversary. Obama campaigned for the job of POTUS telling us what a great job he would do particularly in the Muslim world. Well take a look around, the Muslim world is on fire. Has Obama said why our embassy was unprotected yet?

Yeah, when your own flawed logic is used against you, you change the subject.

The embassies were not unprotected; the protection was not as robust as they needed to be given the threat. Of course last week at this time; you were not saying anything about that now were you?

See, what you're doing is called Monday morning quarterbacking. It's the easiest job in the world and you apparently barely qualify for it.

The embassies were not unprotected; the protection was not as robust as they needed to be given the threat. Of course last week at this time; you were not saying anything about that now were you?

See, what you're doing is called Monday morning quarterbacking. It's the easiest job in the world and you apparently barely qualify for it.
I didn't change the subject.That would be you trying to drag the topic off Obama's inability to do his job by throwing down the "well Bush" card. And the embassy was NOT protected by U.S. Marines. The normal protocol is that you have at least three layers of protection on an embassy. And last week even I wouldn't have thought Obama so clueless that he wouldn't have our embassies in unstable countries without adequate protection.

I didn't change the subject.That would be you trying to drag the topic off Obama's inability to do his job by throwing down the "well Bush" card. And the embassy was NOT protected by U.S. Marines. The normal protocol is that you have at least three layers of protection on an embassy. And last week even I wouldn't have thought Obama so clueless that he wouldn't have our embassies in unstable countries without adequate protection.

Sure you did, you said this:

Had Obama been doing his job well we wouldn't have a dead ambassador, as well as three other Americans.

As if somehow the ambassador died because Obama wasn't doing his job well, 8,000 miles away. If that is your "if-then" statement, Bush wasn't doing his job well for 5 years or so when you're tying "if" to "then"

Please enlighten us about the 3 layers of protection that would have saved the Ambassador and the three other souls.

Pathetic. The man practically stepped over the barely cold bodies of diplomats that HE sent into harm's way and delivered a fucking stump speech in Vegas. :mad:
He's missed more than half his daily security briefings so it's no wonder he's clueless, but to get caught with his pants down on the anniversary of 9/11 is just beyond explanation.

But 9/11 is community service day. We're supposed to forget about everything else. There were words for the families of the murdered innocents, but no mention of the fact that it was a strike against all of America by radical Muslims.

The media is practically tying themselves in knots trying to blame all the latest violence on an abscure video. They haven't offered any clue as to how a bunch of poor, uneducated Muslims managed to find the video among the millions of videos on youtube. I'm sure someone has the duty of combing the internet on a daily basis to hunt for outspoken infidels. Boy, some sure go out of their way to be offended.

Does the consulate get the same 3 layers of protection. You DO know that it was the US Consulate in Benghazi...not our embassy...right dickweed?

Forum List

Back