The Gun Map is Gone

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
New York newspaper removes gun permit database from website after outcry

January 18, 2013

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A suburban New York newspaper that outraged gun owners by posting the names and addresses of residents with handgun permits removed the information from its website Friday.

State Sen. Greg Ball, the most vocal opponent of the posting, said, "Thank God The Journal News has finally realized the error in their judgment and done the right thing. ... I am proud to have passed legislation keeping The Journal News from doing this ever again."

Read more: New York newspaper removes gun permit database from website after outcry | Fox News

Yeah, they took it down yesterday, I imagine that letters from people's attorneys were starting to stack up.

Last edited:
Shouldn't have to register your weapon anyway.
In FL, i don't

I have one of those Bersas in my future purchase plans, I like them a lot and have owned a couple of Walthers. (as you know) That's a nice choice for CC.

This exercise accomplished nothing except for making Liberals to feel better about themselves.

I think it's a good idea, it's like a sex offender list, I would prefer to not live in a neighborhood that is armed to the teeth.

I think it's a good idea, it's like a sex offender list, I would prefer to not live in a neighborhood that is armed to the teeth.

Go door to door and demand to know what your neighbors have.

Then speak to them like you post here about it.

Opinion: Their lawyer made them do this due to the liability risk. One house has already been burglarized.

Forum List

Back