The group anti flag try's to cover their tracks

You mean you speculate that's what drove Lougher over the bend.

I speculate he was psychotic.

No speculation according to his best friend he never watched the news he thought politicans where stupid so he would not listen to them.

I speculate he was psychotic
And mix that with drugs and music that has words like kill the rich and what do you get?

If his psychosis was due to substance abuse, then that's basically the end of it. If it's due to an actual pathology, then it get's more nuanced.

As it stands, it's pointless to ruminate on what motivates psychotic people. As I said earlier, schizophrenics often believe they are receiving coded messages from blinking light towers or stop-lights. We don't "blame" light towers when they have a psychotic break. We simply recognize psychosis for what it is.

Somehow, now, with Lougher it's supposed to be all different, because someone tried to blame Palin. Now everyone is in stupidity mode and we have circular finger pointing action going on.

There was some serial killer who thought God was speaking through his dog, and that's where he was getting his kill orders from.

Some people are just crazy--and this guy was one of them.

If the media continue to blame the innocent anti flag will always be held accountable.

Thats more excuses.

What is your solution?

Whats yours?

I've already said that I don't hold the musical groups responsible, therefore there is no need for a solution from me, since I do not recognize a problem as existing.

You however contend that the musical groups are responsible. So what is your solution?

No speculation according to his best friend he never watched the news he thought politicans where stupid so he would not listen to them.

And mix that with drugs and music that has words like kill the rich and what do you get?

If his psychosis was due to substance abuse, then that's basically the end of it. If it's due to an actual pathology, then it get's more nuanced.

As it stands, it's pointless to ruminate on what motivates psychotic people. As I said earlier, schizophrenics often believe they are receiving coded messages from blinking light towers or stop-lights. We don't "blame" light towers when they have a psychotic break. We simply recognize psychosis for what it is.

Somehow, now, with Lougher it's supposed to be all different, because someone tried to blame Palin. Now everyone is in stupidity mode and we have circular finger pointing action going on.

There was some serial killer who thought God was speaking through his dog, and that's where he was getting his kill orders from.

David Berkowitz aka "The Son of Sam".

I think there is some debate over whether Berkowitz was actually suffering from delusions of reference or was faking it to appear insane.

Though, anyone that would commit serial murder is obviously insane. As Goldcatt pointed out, that doesn't equate to an insanity defense.

Wrong nothing sarah did or said affected longhner Drugs and songs like kill the rich would have an adverse affect on a mind of a nut case.

there have been a lot of people placing blame on Palin on her crosshairs on a map ad
if that was able to cause this, and it has been proven the guy never actually saw it
and if things CAN cause him to break with reality, then why couldnt it have been something Loughner actually listened to?

Because if he's psychotic, the list of things that could cause him to have a break are so vast that it becomes pointless to even speculate.

If Lougher comes out and says: "The group Anti-Flag influenced me to kill people", I suppose that's one thing. However, at this point it's still premature.

We like to try and find motive, because we are rational. When people are psychotic, they are, by definition, irrational.

There is not point in trying to find rationality when none exists.

there have been a lot of people placing blame on Palin on her crosshairs on a map ad
if that was able to cause this, and it has been proven the guy never actually saw it
and if things CAN cause him to break with reality, then why couldnt it have been something Loughner actually listened to?

Because if he's psychotic, the list of things that could cause him to have a break are so vast that it becomes pointless to even speculate.

If Lougher comes out and says: "The group Anti-Flag influenced me to kill people", I suppose that's one thing. However, at this point it's still premature.

We like to try and find motive, because we are rational. When people are psychotic, they are, by definition, irrational.

i agree with your assessment, but this tact was in response to those blaming Palin or beck
at least thats what i believe his motivation to be

I think there is some debate over whether Berkowitz was actually suffering from delusions of reference or was faking it to appear insane.

Though, anyone that would commit serial murder is obviously insane. As Goldcatt pointed out, that doesn't equate to an insanity defense.

That's the guy.

And yeah, clinically insane and legally insane can be two different things. That's something I wish more people on here would understand.

Calling him crazy =/= thinking he should get out on the insanity plea.

i agree with your assessment, but this tact was in response to those blaming Palin or beck

Most rational people weren't doing that. Even so, if that was his motivation, it just makes him the other side of the same coin.

Most rational people weren't doing that. Even so, if that was his motivation, it just makes him the other side of the same coin.
yes, but there were several of the irrational people on here doing it
;)

That's the guy.

And yeah, clinically insane and legally insane can be two different things. That's something I wish more people on here would understand.

Calling him crazy =/= thinking he should get out on the insanity plea.

Most schizophrenics aren't violent people. I hate it that the Berkowitz's and the Loughers (if that is his diagnosis) make them out to be these violent sociopathic killers.

That is not the case. It's a sad disease and most of the times people who suffer from it are sad people who live a life in fear of their own delusions and hallucinations. They generally aren't a danger to anyone but themselves.

I am biased, one of my favorite patients I follow regularly in medicine clinic is schizophrenic. He's a super nice guy. I really love seeing his name on the patient list.

;)

I agree. However, not reb is in the same mindset, he's just on the other side of the coin.

Thank you finally someone with some real intelligence responds.:clap2: It's about time

Thank you finally someone with some real intelligence responds.:clap2: It's about time
you've said it before in the other threads
wasnt such a big stretch to assume that was the case here as well

;)

I agree. However, not reb is in the same mindset, he's just on the other side of the coin.

I have said it many time I blame the shooter, I have also added if the media wants to place the blame on someone other than the shooter than anti flag should be the correct target, Personaly I have always blamed him from day one but no one seems to listem to me.

Forum List

Back