The Green New Deal and the Elephant in the Room

Hale

Patriot
Feb 3, 2019
Even if you buy into the claim that unless we stop burning fossil fuels we're all going to die in 12 years, the so-called "Green New Deal" is still nothing but a fast-track to the destruction of the USA.

Most sources agree that the USA accounts for 15% of fossil fuels burned worldwide. So even if the USA eliminates their use completely, 85% of the alleged pollution production will remain.

No one claims a 15% reduction will be enough to stop the "catastrophe", yet most Democrats now support this clearly worthless "Green New Deal".

Why?

You can completely stop burning fossil fuel and it wont change a thing because man made global warming is a hoax.

You can completely stop burning fossil fuel and it wont change a thing because man made global warming is a hoax.
Agreed. But even if you believe global warming is real, you still have to admit that the "GND" will not affect it.

Why isn't it women made global warming they are the slow pokes putting around burning more fuel. They are the ones constantly cold and turning the thermostat up to 78.

It would seem the climate change crowd doesn't have any answers. Is the question too hard?

Even if you buy into the claim that unless we stop burning fossil fuels we're all going to die in 12 years, the so-called "Green New Deal" is still nothing but a fast-track to the destruction of the USA.

Most sources agree that the USA accounts for 15% of fossil fuels burned worldwide. So even if the USA eliminates their use completely, 85% of the alleged pollution production will remain.

No one claims a 15% reduction will be enough to stop the "catastrophe", yet most Democrats now support this clearly worthless "Green New Deal".

Why?

Do you have something to back up the idea that "most democrats" now support the GND?

Why?
Why? Because the remaining countries are already taking measures to combat climate change.
Why? Because 4.1 percent of the global population emitting 15 percent of the global emissions is no small thing.

Why? Because the remaining countries are already taking measures to combat climate change.

What are China and India doing?

I'm going to admit I'm not up on the most recent Climate Change research ... but can the atmosphere really tell from what country the carbon comes?

A. No one is saying that the world ends in 12 years. We have a 12 year window to make some substantial changes. After that we have very little if any ability to affect Climate Change soon enough to prevent some pretty catastrophic conditions. So when you BEGIN with a lie...

B.The wold looks to US for leadership. If we don't lead...very little happens

C. China is rapidly taking over the Green Energy field. Maybe if we're really lucky...China will do what we should be doing. Of course we will have lost that technology and all that economic benefit. Wonderful

I'm going to admit I'm not up on the most recent Climate Change research ... but can the atmosphere really tell from what country the carbon comes?

What is China doing?

China meets 2020 carbon target ahead of schedule: Xinhua | Reuters

How is China managing its greenhouse gas emissions? | ChinaPower Project

nobody has made the claim that the atmosphere can tell from what country the carbon comes

We have a 12 year window to make some substantial changes.

So, it's not alright to say a person ended his life when he jumped off a building.

How long after the 12-years window will it take to make any noticeable change in our environment? One century? Two?

nobody has made the claim that the atmosphere can tell from what country the carbon comes

Then total percentage is really the only thing that matters. What country produces the Carbon is a non-factor ... except to those with a political agenda.

Last edited:

Then total percentage is really the only thing that matters. What country produces the country is a non-factor ... except to those with a political agenda.

it is a non-factor because nobody but people like you make it an issue. it is your strawman of the day

Renewable energy in China - Wikipedia
Renewable energy in India - Wikipedia
As to your second question. I'm not a scientist, but considering there is absolutely nobody who is a scientist actually challenging the fact that the US is by far the biggest emitter of CO2 by capita I don't see a reason to challenge it.

Last edited:
nobody who is a scientist actually challenging the fact that the US is by far the biggest emitter of CO2 by capita

That which you fail to perceive is that the "per capita" is the actual strawman.

I have yet to hear anyone propose that carbon's country of origin is a factor in climate change. So, If the US produces 15% of overall global carbon, and if China, India, and the EU reduce theirs to zero, we have an overall 85% reduction in global carbon levels even if we in the US do nothing.

Surely an 85% reduction would be enough to save your precious planet. Wouldn't it?

A. No one is saying that the world ends in 12 years. We have a 12 year window to make some substantial changes. After that we have very little if any ability to affect Climate Change soon enough to prevent some pretty catastrophic conditions. So when you BEGIN with a lie...

B.The wold looks to US for leadership. If we don't lead...very little happens

C. China is rapidly taking over the Green Energy field. Maybe if we're really lucky...China will do what we should be doing. Of course we will have lost that technology and all that economic benefit. Wonderful
There may be climate change. But it is not much affected by humans. We have been spending resources on renewable energy the last 4 decades. It seems that most money has gone to corrupted people.

Forum List

Back