~The Green Jello~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
So...the green Jello......we all are pretty certain it's lime, amirite??
But it's gross...nasty.....tastes like shit.

If you like Jello......what is your favorite flavor??

I like Jello....but only cherry :)

Jello shots? what?

e03aecb7160c3be20d52cd502f3b4c76.jpg

Jello shots? what?

Funny story about them!

we were at a restaurant, and they were giving them out to everyone. Of course my mother wants one...they are giving them out to everyone but HER....i had waived them off declining them.

She is all miffed that she is not getting them, as everyone else is loving them and asking for more more more.....

I keep telling her she will not like them (knowing she does not drink...and what they are made out of)

She finaly puts up enough stink...she WANTS ONE TOO! ..... ok mom... have at it.... and i waive them back over to give her a few.

She gulps them in... and ...:eek::eek::eek::eek:..... OMG doesn't like them...what a shocker!!!

Of course she blamed me... i should have warned her.... :lol:

Jello shots? what?

Funny story about them!

we were at a restaurant, and they were giving them out to everyone. Of course my mother wants one...they are giving them out to everyone but HER....i had waived them off declining them.

She is all miffed that she is not getting them, as everyone else is loving them and asking for more more more.....

I keep telling her she will not like them (knowing she does not drink...and what they are made out of)

She finaly puts up enough stink...she WANTS ONE TOO! ..... ok mom... have at it.... and i waive them back over to give her a few.

She gulps them in... and ...:eek::eek::eek::eek:..... OMG doesn't like them...what a shocker!!!

Jello shots are very decieving, they look good and some people don't know if they have alcohol in them.

Jello shots? what?

Funny story about them!

Jello shots are very decieving, they look good and some people don't know if they have alcohol in them.

I told he she would not like them........ :lmao: But it sure was funny to watch.

Really, i think you can taste the alcohol as soon as you get them in your mouth.

Funny story about them!

I told he she would not like them........ :lmao: But it sure was funny to watch.

Really, i think you can taste the alcohol as soon as you get them in your mouth.

Oh no doubt but their appearance is deceptive, look at those nice looking jello shots, a freakin kid would try and eat them if they could.

Oh no doubt but their appearance is deceptive, look at those nice looking jello shots, a freakin kid would try and eat them if they could.

No doubt, they do look enticing.....even I have never had a Jello shot :-/

oh i agree... they are very deceptive... and very easy to put down. Do you like them...i never did.

No doubt, they do look enticing.....even I have never had a Jello shot :-/

For me... they look cute..and much better then they taste.

Ill take my jello virgin thank you very much :)

oh i agree... they are very deceptive... and very easy to put down. Do you like them...i never did.

They are ok, a friend of mine from Houston knows how to make the best jello shots I ever had.

Strawberry banana jello is the best.

But I don't mind lime jello if it has stuff in it...marshmallows, coconut, cool whip, and the like...

And I used to make these wonderful jello cookies called "colorful cookies" that were essentially jello, sugar, butter, just a little flour...you made them in little batches by color, and then iced them with just a little of the jello mixed with hot water and powdered sugar to make a glaze...you dipped these little cookies' tops in the glaze...beautiful, and yummy. Very, very sweet...

Colorful Cookies Recipe - Food.com - 344084

COLORFUL COOKIES:
icing

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Remove 1 tablespoon of the gelatin powder and set aside to use for the icing later on.

3. Put the remainder of the gelatin powder in a large bowl with the butter and powdered sugar. Cream well.

4. Combine the flour with the salt and add to the butter mixture; mix well.

5. Shape the dough into 3/4 inch to 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

6. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies, until the edges just begin to slightly brown.

7. Remove from the oven, let sit on the cookie sheet for a minute or so, then remove cookies to a rack to cool completely.

8. Prepare the icing by dissolving the reserved 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder in the 3 tablespoons of hot water in a bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes, then add the vanilla and stir in the 2 cups powdered sugar until smooth.

9. Dip the tops of the cookies into the icing, then either dip in the topping of your choice or place back on the rack and sprinkle with your topping and let dry completely.
jello_cookies_4540_2.jpg

This is them without the icing....You can dip them in the icing, drizzle it, whatever.

I catered a Christmas party for my sister one year and these were a HUGE hit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back