The Greatest Threat America Has Ever Faced: the GOP?

Roflmao

I might positive rep you just for the good laugh, You might be an ignorant one, but you do make me laugh :)

Yes, Carter and Bush Sr. were the victims of circumstance. Someone was asked to describe Reagan in one word and they said, "Lucky."

Yes, Carter and Bush Sr. were the victims of circumstance. Someone was asked to describe Reagan in one word and they said, "Lucky."

Kirk is the USMB Jester....

Well he takes a close second to sealyb...........

Carter was doomed by the oil crisis and the aftermath of the Vietnam war. Somebody had to pay the bill for those two things, and it happened to be Carter.

Reagan was incredibly lucky. The North Shore oil started flowed right after he got into office and that really helped the American economy. He got the credit, but the credit should have gone to Spiro Agnew because he's the one that broke the tie in the Senate to get the project started.

Bush Sr. got screwed by Reagan's borrowing, just as the next president is going to get screwed by Bush Jr.'s borrowing.

A lot of wordsmithing going on it that post. Why not cut to the chase and do the Saturday Night Live Frankenstein skit thing? "Dems good -- GOP b-a-a-a-a-d." Trust me, it wouldn make you look any more or less partisan.

Carter was doomed by the oil crisis and the aftermath of the Vietnam war. Somebody had to pay the bill for those two things, and it happened to be Carter.

Reagan was incredibly lucky. The North Shore oil started flowed right after he got into office and that really helped the American economy. He got the credit, but the credit should have gone to Spiro Agnew because he's the one that broke the tie in the Senate to get the project started.

Bush Sr. got screwed by Reagan's borrowing, just as the next president is going to get screwed by Bush Jr.'s borrowing.

Good thumbnail sketch of what happened.

Current POTUS's deal with the outcomes of previous administrations AND whatever comes down the pike while they're in office, of course.

Current POTUS's deal with the outcomes of previous administrations AND whatever comes down the pike while they're in office, of course.

What do Republicans say to the fact that Bill Clinton had a surplus? It seems to be one thing they either downplay or just ignore altogether.

Kirk, the truth does bother them, they can only do ad hominem as their party and their ideology has been a complete failure. Have pity on them, they are so lost they are in denial and in the redefinition stage. Soon Bush will be a liberal and Cheney a leftist!!! LOL

"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

Some conservatives want to blame it all on George W. Bush, and they say, no, it's not our fault. He's the one who betrayed the conservative movement. That is just a cop-out, because George Bush could not have done anything that he did without the support of the conservatives who controlled the House and the Senate and the Supreme Court at the time. In fact, he wouldn't even have been President without them. ...

I think they have ruined the economy. They've ruined the country. They've ruined our image around the world. And they've ruined the conservative brand name. I don't think they can or should ever be trusted with power again.

-- Bill Press, Author, Progressive Talk Radio Host, Political Commentator and Former Chair of the California Democratic Party

Bill Press's New Book 'Train Wreck' Says Good-Bye and Good Riddance to Right-Wing Conservativism | BuzzFlash.org

Kirk, the truth does bother them, they can only do ad hominem as their party and their ideology has been a complete failure. Have pity on them, they are so lost they are in denial and in the redefinition stage. Soon Bush will be a liberal and Cheney a leftist!!! LOL

"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

I have always felt that Americans were fiscally conservative and socially liberal, but the Bush admistration was the opposite. Combine that with the PNAC's ridiculous Amerca's Manifest Destiny Controls the World idea, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I have always felt that Americans were fiscally conservative and socially liberal, but the Bush admistration was the opposite. Combine that with the PNAC's ridiculous Amerca's Manifest Destiny Controls the World idea, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Most Americans are so forking confused they don't know whether to shit or go blind, anymore.

The stupid among us want to find some scapegoat to blame the problems on.

If you want to know who caused the problem, you have to do a lot of digging to understand who had the power, who did the voting and so forth.

That's too much work for most of us, so we take the easy way out and blame the mythical liberals or mythical conservatives just like we've been propagandized to do.

I agree. I've also always felt that people who hate government shouldn't be running government... same as people who hate the U.N. shouldn't be running it.

It's the same as if the president of GM hates cars and wants to see them off the streets.

Ah yes good thumbnail....blame the Republicans at any cost.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No matter how pathetic your assertion is.

I have always felt that Americans were fiscally conservative and socially liberal

I think that pretty much describes how I feel about my self. I am rather liberal on many social issues, I am deeply conservative when it comes to spending, and limiting the power and reach of the federal government, and state Governments for that matter.

Forum List

Back