The Greatest Threat America Has Ever Faced: the GOP?

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
The Mother of All Messes By Paul Craig Roberts

"Republicans are sending around the Internet a photo of a cute little boy whose T-shirt reads: “The mess in my pants is nothing compared to the mess Democrats will make of this country if they win Nov. 2nd.”

One can only wonder at the insouciance of this message. Are Republicans unaware of the amazing mess the Bush regime has made?

It is impossible to imagine a bigger mess. Republicans have us at war in two countries as a result of Republican lies and deceptions, and we might be in two more wars--Iran and Pakistan--by November. We have alienated the entire Muslim world and most of the rest.

The dollar has lost 60% of its value against the euro, and the once mighty dollar is losing its reserve currency role.

The Republicans’ policies have driven up the price of both oil and gold by 400%.

Inflation is in double digits. Employment is falling.

The Republican economy in the 21st century has been unable to create net new jobs for Americans except for low wage domestic services such as waitresses, bartenders, retail clerks and hospital orderlies."

Paul Craig Roberts: The Mother of All Messes

"Republicans are sending around the Internet a photo of a cute little boy whose T-shirt reads: “The mess in my pants is nothing compared to the mess Democrats will make of this country if they win Nov. 2nd.”

One can only wonder at the insouciance of this message. Are Republicans unaware of the amazing mess the Bush regime has made?

It is impossible to imagine a bigger mess. Republicans have us at war in two countries as a result of Republican lies and deceptions, and we might be in two more wars--Iran and Pakistan--by November. We have alienated the entire Muslim world and most of the rest.

The dollar has lost 60% of its value against the euro, and the once mighty dollar is losing its reserve currency role.

The Republicans’ policies have driven up the price of both oil and gold by 400%.

The Republican economy in the 21st century has been unable to create net new jobs for Americans except for low wage domestic services such as waitresses, bartenders, retail clerks and hospital orderlies."

The two biggest problems we face are the National Debt and our dependency on foreign oil.

Reagan and Bush are responsible for 90% of the National Debt. Both parties are responsible for no policy for American Energy Independence.

Reagan and Bush are responsible for US dependence on foreign oil? LMFAO! Twisted.

Our dependence on fossil fuels beyond our ability to produce them is repsonsible for our dependence on foreign oil, Einstein.

Gunny, did you read my post?

"Both parties are responsible for our dependence on foreign oil."

Where are Reagan and Bush in that sentence?

I wonder if politicians turn into "fossil fuels" when they die? If they don't then at least there will be no shortage of fertilizer!

Woohoo!!! Things are lookin up!!! :dig:

I wonder if politicians turn into "fossil fuels" when they die? If they don't then at least there will be no shortage of fertilizer!

Woohoo!!! Things are lookin up!!! :dig:

So many of them seem to me to be fossil fools while they live..one can hope.

Does anyone ever question the bullshit?

Republican lies and deceptions ?
Need I post the infamous Democratic quotes that show (prove)them saying EXACTLY the same things Bush said?....and show they were repeating these same warnings about WMD and Saddam since 1995 on into 2003....so there are no lies or deceptions...incorrect conclusions, in hindsight from D's and R's I can buy, but nothing sinister at all ....

Two wars the fault of R's....bullshit again...for the information of complete idiots, WE WERE ATTACKED .... and the Resolution for entering Iraq was passed with Dem. assistance....

More bullshit....at least according to CBS News...
CBS News....7/6/08
The dollar has lost roughly a quarter of its purchasing power against the currencies of major U.S. trading partners from its peak in 2002.
http://tinyurl.com/6594nr
Last time I checked, a "quarter" was 25%....

Republicans control the price of oil and gold ? Thats too freekin' stupid to warrant a response...

Inflation is about 5.02 %....data released 7/16/08 for June 2008
Employment varied from 5.7%(2002) down to 4.6%(2007) and now stands at about 5.5%....so yes, technically, employment is falling (big woop)

Just plain liberal rant bullshit

a

Gunny, did you read my post?

"Both parties are responsible for our dependence on foreign oil."

Where are Reagan and Bush in that sentence?

My bad. I quoted the wrong post. Post #2. Intended or not, the implication in your statement is that Bush and Reagan are responsible for our national debt and dependence on foreign oil.

Reagan did not inherit a balanced budget. Matter of fact, he inherited pretty-much what we have now. Devalued dollar and super-inflation. That was Carter's doing.

Both parties are equally guilty for ALL of it, IMO. When was the last time there was an actual stark, clear line drawn where you could identify one party from the other? You have to go back to Carter-and-before for that as well.

Since then all we've gotten is a lot of empty promises from both sides, and each side willing to villify the other for it with people like extremists like midcan leading the way. Meanwhile, they collectively suck us dry.

My bad. I quoted the wrong post. Post #2. Intended or not, the implication in your statement is that Bush and Reagan are responsible for our national debt and dependence on foreign oil.

Reagan did not inherit a balanced budget. Matter of fact, he inherited pretty-much what we have now. Devalued dollar and super-inflation. That was Carter's doing.

Both parties are equally guilty for ALL of it, IMO. When was the last time there was an actual stark, clear line drawn where you could identify one party from the other? You have to go back to Carter-and-before for that as well.

Since then all we've gotten is a lot of empty promises from both sides, and each side willing to villify the other for it with people like extremists like midcan leading the way. Meanwhile, they collectively suck us dry.

Carter was doomed by the oil crisis and the aftermath of the Vietnam war. Somebody had to pay the bill for those two things, and it happened to be Carter.

Reagan was incredibly lucky. The North Shore oil started flowed right after he got into office and that really helped the American economy. He got the credit, but the credit should have gone to Spiro Agnew because he's the one that broke the tie in the Senate to get the project started.

Bush Sr. got screwed by Reagan's borrowing, just as the next president is going to get screwed by Bush Jr.'s borrowing.

Carter was doomed by the oil crisis and the aftermath of the Vietnam war. Somebody had to pay the bill for those two things, and it happened to be Carter.

Reagan was incredibly luck)y. The North Shore oil started flowed right after he got into office and that really helped the American economy. He got the credit, but the credit should have gone to Spiro Agnew because he's the one that broke the tie in the Senate to get the project started.
Bush Sr. got screwed by Reagan's borrowing, just as the next president is going to get screwed by Bush Jr.'s borrowing.

Your positions are so blinded by partianship that you can't see that you made an oxymoronic statement. On the one hand you state that the Senate was responsible(because Agnew was a democratic vice-president and tax evader) then on the other hand the president is responsible(Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. because they are Republican).:cuckoo: Just to let you know it is mainly Congress's responsibility considering that all appropriations bills are started in the Senate.

Your positions are so blinded by partianship that you can't see that you made an oxymoronic statement. On the one hand you state that the Senate was responsible(because Agnew was a democratic vice-president and tax evader) then on the other hand the president is responsible(Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. because they are Republican).:cuckoo: Just to let you know it is mainly Congress's responsibility considering that all appropriations bills are started in the Senate.

Budgets are submitted by the President. Just so you know......:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

carter Was Doomed By The Oil Crisis And The Aftermath Of The Vietnam War. Somebody Had To Pay The Bill For Those Two Things, And It Happened To Be Carter.

Roflmao

I might positive rep you just for the good laugh, You might be an ignorant one, but you do make me laugh :)

Forum List

Back