The greatest security threat America faces

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
We are spending $700 billion dollars a year on foreign oil. This is the greatest security threat America faces. Why isn't the country demanding that its craven politicians start taking some action on this problem?

While Don Quixote Bush has been fighting windmills in Iraq, we are getting our pockets picked.

We are spending $700 billion dollars a year on foreign oil. This is the greatest security threat America faces. Why isn't the country demanding that its craven politicians start taking some action on this problem?

While Don Quixote Bush has been fighting windmills in Iraq, we are getting our pockets picked.
Environmentalists have been trying to stop nuclear energy, expanded drilling and wind energy here in Texas.
Can you explain why?

Last edited:

Yeah, I like the terms T. Boone put it in, "The largest transfer of wealth in history." Or something like that. I guess all of the liberals are ecstatic, since they're in to wealth redistribution and we obviously have so much to spare (cheap shot I know). I think most Americans don't yet realize that we're still not paying what gas is "supposed to cost," especially given the current anticipated trajectory of supply-demand shortfall. By the time most Americans wake up, it'll be too late.

Plus, at the risk of generalizing, I believe most Americans are simply numb to the problem, and expect that some anonymous person will save us. You know, they think that we've got American ingenuity on our side, when this exact type of apathy is what is killing American ingenuity. Oh well. Rough times ahead no matter what I guess.

Yeah, I like the terms T. Boone put it in, "The largest transfer of wealth in history." Or something like that. I guess all of the liberals are ecstatic, since they're in to wealth redistribution and we obviously have so much to spare (cheap shot I know). I think most Americans don't yet realize that we're still not paying what gas is "supposed to cost," especially given the current anticipated trajectory of supply-demand shortfall. By the time most Americans wake up, it'll be too late.

Plus, at the risk of generalizing, I believe most Americans are simply numb to the problem, and expect that some anonymous person will save us. You know, they think that we've got American ingenuity on our side, when this exact type of apathy is what is killing American ingenuity. Oh well. Rough times ahead no matter what I guess.

Thank God for T. Boone Pickens. He is using his billions to switch us to wind power and to inform the public. It is amazing to me that the idiot in the White House is doing NOTHING. This is a national emergency of the highest order.

Thank God for T. Boone Pickens. He is using his billions to switch us to wind power and to inform the public. It is amazing to me that the idiot in the White House is doing NOTHING. This is a national emergency of the highest order.
Democrats and environmentalists are fighting wind and nuclear energy, why?

Democrats and environmentalists are fighting wind and nuclear energy, why?

This is why I don't understand when people tell me the free market doesn't work. You get a guy like T. Boone who has gobs of money lying around, and he says, "You know what? I guess I'll build a giant fucking wind farm." It's not like he stands to make that much of a return on his investment personally, since he's nearing the end of his life, he just understands that this is where we need to go. Good for him.

This is why I don't understand when people tell me the free market doesn't work. You get a guy like T. Boone who has gobs of money lying around, and he says, "You know what? I guess I'll build a giant fucking wind farm." It's not like he stands to make that much of a return on his investment personally, since he's nearing the end of his life, he just understands that this is where we need to go. Good for him.

The free market works, but few people have the billions of dollars required to switch us to alternative energy. The government needs to step up as well.

BTW did you see Bush's news conference today, lifting the executive ban on ICS drilling?

nutlear power doesn't work in a free market.

it only works with immunity from liability and upteen billion in governmnet subsidies.

then there's the actual environmental impact

mining radioactive disasters.

no place to store the waste

the danger of transporting the waste to the place that isn't safe.

thanks for asking.

oh yes GW is doing somethign...

haha. giving away corporate subsidies...

brilliant.

bring back bastelle days

actually it worked out great...i was smart enough to buy a fuel efficient car.

thanks for asking...

nutlear power doesn't work in a free market.

it only works with immunity from liability and upteen billion in governmnet subsidies.

then there's the actual environmental impact

mining radioactive disasters.

no place to store the waste

the danger of transporting the waste to the place that isn't safe.

thanks for asking.

Could you cite me the last nuclear disaster in the US?

let's just start with using our brains...

Alright we are sitting on an oil reserve 3 times the size of the Saudi's but the democrats are blocking it's development....Can you talk to the idiots in Congress and tell them to start using their brains?

oh yes GW is doing somethign...

haha. giving away corporate subsidies...

brilliant.

bring back bastelle days

If the oil companies actually start drilling, there will be a net gain in tax revenue. That seems like a much better plan than sending that money to the middle east.....:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back