The greatest presidents that never were.

Clearly you are talking about candidates who weren't elected rather than Presidents who actually never were.

Ill through a controversial one in: Joseph Smith Jr.

Henry A. Wallace.

FDR's VP before the DNC party bosses put an unknown, malleable, and corrupt junior Senator from Pendergast in because they knew FDR was on his "last legs" and didn't want Wallace's populist, progressive, and wildly popular policies to limit their power and hurt their bottom line.

Since such data has been collected, he's still the most popular individual to ever hold Executive office, with a 92% approval rating held for more than a year solid.

We'd be a vastly different country and world if he hadn't been kicked off the ticket in a shady backroom deal. No nuking Japan, no Cold War, and a second Bill of Rights. If only...

Colin Powell.

HE should have been the first black President, not this monkey we have now.

And I'm talking about honest Colin Powell, not the shell who sold himself out to BO.

Colin Powell.

And I'm talking about honest Colin Powell, not the shell who sold himself out to BO.

So, he's "honest" when he lied to the UN, but a "sellout" when he endorsed Obama?

If you can prove to me that Powell lied to the UN, I'm all ears. But please don't mistake operated in good faith off bad intel with lied. They are not the same thing.

Colin Powell.

So, he's "honest" when he lied to the UN, but a "sellout" when he endorsed Obama?

If you can prove to me that Powell lied to the UN, I'm all ears. But please don't mistake operated in good faith off bad intel with lied. They are not the same thing.

True. I'll change my statement.

Powell was "honest" when he made false statements to the UN, but a "sellout" when he endorsed Obama?

Have you ever read anything that Powell has said about that speech to the UN. He doesn't blame it on "false intel", he says that's what the President told him to say.

Ronald Reagan.

Not the man of course, as he was indeed president.

But the larger than life myth ascribed to his administration by many on the right is certainly among the greatest that never was.

True. I'll change my statement.

Powell was "honest" when he made false statements to the UN, but a "sellout" when he endorsed Obama?

Have you ever read anything that Powell has said about that speech to the UN. He doesn't blame it on "false intel", he says that's what the President told him to say.

I have read his book on the subject. He's correct, he told the UN what the President told him to say based off of the intel the US had at the time. It's not as if Powell knew something Bush didn't want the world to know .

And you called him a sellout for endorsing Obama.

Forum List

Back