The Greatest Movie Ever Sold Trailer

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
He's baaaaack... "Super Size Me" creator Morgan Spurlock has a new documentary...

Spurlock has come back swinging with what might be an even greater concept and film than “Super Size Me,” as his new movie “Pom Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold” takes on the world of product placements and over-the-top advertising that has overtaken so much of modern life.

He centers the film on an utterly ingenious concept: offering companies the chance to place their products in his film in exchange for paying a share of the budget – and scoring enough deals that the entire film was literally bought and paid for without his having to ask for a dime from Hollywood. For instance, he’ll blatantly use Ban brand deodorant in the movie in exchange for the company giving him $50,000. For $100,000 he’ll repeatedly eat a particular brand of pizza. And Pom Wonderful pomegranate juice bought the rights to have their name in the title for a cool million dollars

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9vu3dUMQ1s]YouTube - The Greatest Movie Ever Sold Trailer 2011 HD[/ame]

:lol:

Looks pretty interesting I must say. He has an interview at BH below:

Spurlock sat down for a discussion of his new film at the Andaz Hotel on the Los Angeles Sunset Strip during the week of the film’s opening. Even that location was ironic, as the Andaz is owned by the Hyatt Hotel corporation – a major sponsor of the film.

Q: Do you believe in guerrilla marketing?

SPURLOCK: I think it works. I came from before I started working in the film business, I worked for a grass roots events marketing company. I think guerrilla and grass-roots marketing are great ways to get ideas out there, get people talking about things and build buzz and excitement. I learned more than that time from one of my mentors than I did through years of film school

Read the rest...

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » Interview: Has Morgan Spurlock Made a Doc Conservatives Might Appreciate?

Forum List

Back