CDZ The Greatest, Most Articulate, Most Profound Social Commentator of Our Time: Jordan Peterson

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Shrimpbox, Aug 11, 2018.

1. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,373
    OK, I admit it: jwoodie is my pen name. And thanks for the kind words.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Correll

Correll Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,623

That is not the way people actually think.

3. MarathonMike

MarathonMike Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,969
  4. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,892
    No, most people do not think that way but many do and everyone should.

How you think is a choice - you can mire yourself in reinforcing what you already demand to be true or you can actively challenge yourself looking for ways that you are wrong.

5. Shrimpbox

Shrimpbox Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
    Ratings:
    +2,581
    It has been awhile, reality keeps interrupting my budding podcasts, but mr Peterson’s star shines just as bright for me as three weeks ago. I have had to travel a lot and these audio books are so convenient. I will say listening to his book I have to take one chapter at a time and let it marinate. There are so many vines coming out of my brain after one chapter that I have to replant them to clear the deck for more thinking. I would not call it a slog but it is heavy reading. I have really enjoyed Peterson’s talks with Joe Rogan on YouTube. Rogan complements the professor and lightens the intellectualism a bit. A couple of sundays ago Peterson was being interviewed on fox and said he and his wife were doing a tour with three hour sessions, I need to check into that. My one complaint is that many of the YouTube videos are not accurately titled.

As luck would have it, I have found another YouTube pearl. For those claiming that Peterson is a pinheaded blowhard, let me introduce you to Blue Collar

Please, whether you are conservative or not, watch this video. This man lives in Southern California and knows first hand what he is talking about. He is a super example of how smart so many working people are. He will surprise you with his insight, most significantly how nations to the south of us are losing the best and brightest in their population to the US. He is a much more comfortable read than Peterson and is truly indicative of his website, common sense. Watch his other video entitled, why does the left always get it wrong, and you will learn more about this fellows life, like the fact he was a flaming liberal as a young man. He is not an ideologue. Actually, he is extremely refreshing.

I debated starting a new thread with this video, but I felt the same people that read this would enjoy Mr. Blue Collar. I’m always open to advice on this move.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  6. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,892
    You are likely right that the same people will like them both.

This is one of the problems that the left has - a political party must be able to address the simple and straightforward logic and experience of the people on the ground and the democrats have a hard time with this segment of the population. It is an interesting segment but not really all that new or thought provoking.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1